Collapse

Ninjatrader 8 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's perfect, thank you! Can't believe it was there this whole time.

Comment

yes this would be very helpful. to overcome this issue, i have to change the account to remove the position elements or be required to decrease targets and build ATM strategies to overcome this visual limitation, or use relative periodicity.

Comment

Two requests for NT8 in case they're not already previewed :

1/ allow import of NT7 backup files so that one can keep all of one's market data etc.
        2/ use of separate folders etc. so that both NT7 and NT8 can be installed and run simultaneously on the same machine for data providers that allow multiple API connections from the same IP address. I suspect if you do this you will make the transition a lot easier for everyone, as they could run their NT7 in live mode and NT8 in simulation mode as they migrate their existing signals/strategies one by one and allow a parallel testing to ensure everything behaves as expected.

Comment

Hello curmudgeon,

Thank you for your note and for providing your feedback as we continually strive to improve upon NinjaTrader's features.
          I have documented these particular feature requests and have sent them to our product development team.

Once I have a tracking ID for these particular feature requests, I will let you know.
          Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello curmudgeon,

I have heard back from development and the suggestion to allow NinjaTrader 8 to import NinjaTrader 7 backup files is being tracked with ID# 2557.

There will be a migration guide for NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8 in the similar fashion to the NinjaTrader 6.5 to NinjaTrader 7 guide:

Comment

Feature Request - Historical data edit right from the Data Box

Hi, there!

IB servers stop feeding data for 15 minutes everyday at 23:00 h. CET. Unfortunately, after the feed is restored, many a time the 23:16 candle prints wrong data (see attached screenshot). Editing historical data is rather cumbersome in NT. It's okay if it's done once in a blue moon, but a bit of a pain if it's a recurrent task. It takes no less than 8 clicks just to get to the right date, then scroll down to the 23:16 line and finally, edit the OHLC numbers. It would be really handy if this process was shortcut in NT 8 allowing OHLC data to be edited right from the data box by adding an Edit option to the right-click menu or just by double-clicking the number.

Thanks
              Attached Files
              Last edited by shicuco; 10-09-2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Hello shicuco,

Thank you for your note and for providing your feedback as we continually strive to improve upon NinjaTrader's features.

Since the type of functionality you are seeking is not presently supported within NinjaTrader, I have documented this particular feature request and have sent it to our product development team.

Once I have a tracking ID for this particular feature request, I will let you know.

Comment

Hello shicuco,

I have heard back from development and the suggestion to allow historical chart data to be edited directly from the data box or mini data box is being tracked with ID#2575.

Comment

It would be nice to get rid of the data box and instead display the information within each window.

Comment

Hello mkaminski,

Thank you for your forum post.

This is technically possible, but it would require custom programming to do so.

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.

With that being said, Integrated Trading Solutions has an embedded data box you can purchase:

As opposed to using the regular data box, you can use the Mini data box by middle mouse clicking (scroll wheel clicking) on a bar and holding down the middle mouse button.

Since the type of functionality you are seeking is not presently supported within NinjaTrader, I have documented this particular feature request and have sent it to our product development team.

Once I have a tracking ID for this particular feature request, I will let you know.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanL; 11-14-2013, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Key features NT8 must have:

These are KEY features NT8 must have:

- proper accounting for Forex Trading, anybody running a balance in non-US$ and trading for example $JPY will end up with incorrect statistics in Market Analyzer. It would be grand to have a script able to rebalance profit or loss into base currency. I've developed an algo for this, enquire if you need to further understand this point;

- ability to calibrate stop loss or position size based on fixed fractional amount of capital, again enquiry if you need to further understand, I've a script for this;

- Ability to back-test a portfolio of strategies on different securities, hence taking into account correlation, this is key as all of us trade a basket of strategies in the real worlds and the equity curve will differ by the cumulative return of single strategies.

Hope this helps and I would love to be a test person for the NT8 release

Comment

Hello sburtt,

I have documented these feature requests and have sent them to our product development team.

Once I have a tracking ID for these feature requests, I will let you know.

We will be providing more information on a public beta test when we have more information.

You can send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include 'Attn Matthew' and a link to this thread and we will have your email added to a list to update you when this is announced.

Comment

Hello sburtt,

I have heard back from development and the suggestion to allow PnL to be properly reported on Forex without having to load a USD pair in another window is being tracked with ID#790.

The ability to set/adjust stop loss or position size based on fixed fractional amount of capital is being tracked with ID#1445.

Lastly the ability to back test and entire portfolio of strategies on different instruments is being tracked with ID#573.

Comment

Hi Ryan
                              I have a feature request
                              Provide a real Print driver for NT so that I can print a chart directly to a printer instead of capturing a .jpeg and then printing that. The prints I get now are fuzzy because of the mismatch of Screen and printer resolutions.
                              Also in the printer driver include the ability to print in B&W and also allow color print that don’t print the background color.
                              TradeStation has a pretty could printing function if you need a model to duplicate.

Thanks

Comment

NT8 beta testers of the world, Unite!

hey guys, please don't forget to enroll me in the beta testers,

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aligator  
                                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes