Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Inferno,

Thanks for your post.

Support for NinjaTrader 7 will continue for a while however I would not be able to say a specific time frame. It will depend on use of NinjaTrader 7 by clients and executive decision.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Placing order in the DOM

Hi

I wondered if custom button selections could be provided or just better thought out clicks for how orders are placed in the DOM. The ctrl scroll click or scroll click is not a great way to place a stop order. Why not just a right click above the market and left click below the market? Or even simplify further and require use or Market button to place order at market and use left click above or below for an order (stop or limit). That would be the most usable and least prone to errors IMO.

Comment

Hello crowther,

Thanks for your post.

What custom/additional buttons would you want available? If you are looking for buttons to place limit/stop limit, and stop market order this can currently be done with the Basic Entry window.
        Can I clarify what the concern is with using the middle mouse button rather than the left mouse button? If it is in relation to how the scroll wheel feels or concern about scrolling I did want to mention that you can get a mouse with additional programmable buttons that you would assign the middle mouse button. I will however submit your feedback to development.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
          Hello crowther,

Thanks for your post.

What custom/additional buttons would you want available? If you are looking for buttons to place limit/stop limit, and stop market order this can currently be done with the Basic Entry window.
          Can I clarify what the concern is with using the middle mouse button rather than the left mouse button? If it is in relation to how the scroll wheel feels or concern about scrolling I did want to mention that you can get a mouse with additional programmable buttons that you would assign the middle mouse button. I will however submit your feedback to development.
          Hi Brandon

I meant custom buttons so you could set which buttons you want to use. Then if your preference is for stop orders, you could set that to left click, or limit orders, you could set that. The clicks just seem a bit less than intuitive (as with most other platforms). It could be more user-friendly. I would even go as far as to simplify the names of the orders to avoid the confusion of stop and stop loss and stop limit. It's a bit of a radical departure but what's wrong with say, buy above, buy below, buy market, stop, trailing stop. Buy stop limit could be buy below if touched etc.

Comment

Hello crowther,

Thanks for the clarification.

I have submitted this to development.

Comment

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                No, it was 2013.
                well heck that is pretty messed up huh SLEDGE
                Do you think it will still be NT8 or NTinfinity?
                cause az I ck my calendar it's 1-26-2015 today!
                Last edited by newbie0101; 01-26-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I look at it this way - If you're not making money in NT7, I don't think NT8 will help.

(Although there are some new features like the 'unlimited' replay speed in Market Replay which will be really nice.).

Comment

It's just a tool

sledge has hit the bullseye. The NinjaTrader platform, whether it is NT7, NT8, NTinfinity or whatever, is just a tool for trading. And NT7, despite any idiosyncrasies it has, is a mighty good tool. NT8 and beyond will no doubt improve that tool.

But the message is clear: let's not waste our energy agonising over "when will" when now is the only time that matters and there is a very good tool available now that we can use to trade successfully. If we can let go of the anxiety of "when will" and simply trade successfully with what is available now, imagine how exciting it will be when it is "announcing the release of"!
                    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                    jeronymite
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Distinct Vertical Entry and Exit Arrows

While NT already has tiny sideways triangles to indicate entry or exit they are relatively miniscule and can easily be obscured by lines and indicators. It would be visually much easier to review and track positions if the Vertical Entry and Exit Arrows were not identical for entries and exits, either by shape or color or both, at the users discretion.

Comment

Combined Identical Trades Text in one when when TextAndMarker is on.

Multi-contract exits at the same price using TextAndMarker appear in large stacks of single trades. Why not combine identical exits so, like entries, they appear as one text indicating how many contracts exited at that price?

Comment

Hello ProfitPilgrim,

Thanks for your posts.

I have forwarded your suggestions to development.

Comment

And what about to display line(s) (one color for profitable trade, another for losing) which would link entry with its exit(s). The exits wouldn´t be displayed as average exit price. It would display each exit separately if they were on different price levels or at another time?

Comment

Hello emuns,

Thanks for your post?

To clarify are you saying you want lines linking the entry and exit, showing if it was a profit or loss for manual trades, like how you can see with NinjaScript strategies?

Comment

Hello Brandon,

yes, that´s it!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post burtoninlondon