Ninjatrader 8 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay options

Good to have backward button, option to enter time we want the data stream start from instead of dragging the scroll bar. Also if we can have a dropdown for predefined speeds that will be good.

Comment

Hello skann29,

Thanks for your post.

If you right click on the Market Replay there is a Go To feature that you can enter the exact time you want the replay to go to.
      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Regarding my first suggestion, "I'm requesting that "tick" be a choice in the Price Data menu in the condition builder," If "Tick" was a choice, one could use an indicator to perform an exit in X number of ticks via the Numeric choice in the Miscellaneous menu. I believe this would be a more efficient way to exit a trade than setting a hard stop in the stops and targets section of condition builder. I'm after what I call a "natural" stop that is derived from an indicator's actions from price action.

Thanks Brandon.

Larry

Comment

Hello Larry,

Thanks for the clarification on your feature request.

Comment

NT 8 and restarting NT during strategies being enabled

Hi,

Sometimes NT crashes while running strategies (or for various other reasons like power outage, disconnects, etc).

Will NT 8 be able to restart and auto-detect that that current open positions (prior to the restart) are associated with strategies that need to be re-enabled? This way, when strategies are re-enabled the open positions will detect it and pick up where they left off with the strategies.

If not, could you ask the developers to potentially include this redundant-type feature please?

Otherwise, all positions would need to be closed out and strategies enabled fresh (which means more cost in commissions because of having to close out and lost opportunities etc because a entry may not be available again for some time etc).

Thanks a lot...please let me know...

Comment

Hello Birdog,

Thanks for your reply.

I recommend reviewing the following video about syncing positions which is already available in NinjaTrader 7
              Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates the differences between Strategy positions and Account positions and how to sy...

Comment

Brandon,

Ok. I just reviewed the video you posted. Thanks. To summarize and be sure I understand . . .

So:

1. In NT Option>Strategies>Ninjascript>Select "Immediately submit live working historical orders.
                2. But also select inside the Strategy Order Handling>Sync account position>True.

Doing this will allow for re-enabling the any strategy (in the case of a disconnect, restart, etc) so that any open position associated with the strategy will pick up where it left off including any logic for the strategy just as before (and will continue executing strategy trail stops or other exit logic in the code etc)?

--------------

Additional Questions:

1. With the 2 above combinations (#1 and #2 above), if there are no positions at all upon re-enabling, will it still immediately fill a position even if the strategy is well into a particular trader (i.e. current market upon enabling being away from the intended entry)?

I like the feature so that it will re-associate upon re-enabling, BUT I really don't want the strategy to enter when the market is away from the strategy entry itself upon enabling all the strategies. Will doing #1 and #2 together still only allow for NEW strategy entries, upon enabling, only at the point of strategy entry signal itself (not for example entering in the middle of a trade OR significantly away for the strategy entry signal) BUT still associate any potential existing positions (prior to enabling) to be associated and pick up where it left off (that is really the ideal scenario). Is that what it does?

2. If I manually entered a trade on one of the instruments and then enabled the strategy would the manually entered position be associated with the newly enabled strategy? . . . the same as if a strategy was previously enabled, lost connection or NT had to restart, and then associate that position with the strategy? Or, does the strategy itself have to be the one to initiate the position before it is associated upon re-enabling? I don't anticipate ever doing this but just thought about asking about it anyway . . .

Of course, I would test before using it on a live real-time account but would like to be sure I am testing correctly (and understanding it initially) so I do not test incorrectly.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                Hello Birdog,

Thanks for your reply.

I recommend reviewing the following video about syncing positions which is already available in NinjaTrader 7
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US9cK...A140D7&index=8

Comment

Hello Birdog,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct, having these both enabled will enter you into a position if your strategy is in a position but your account is flat. This will happen regardless of how far away from the original entry the market is currently at.
                  Yes, if you were to manually enter a trade before enabling the strategy it would be able to sync the position based on this order.

Comment

Ok...so, I should only sync when there is a actual outage or restart only if I have positions already live in the market if I want to re-associate the position then?

What happens when you leave the options as wait until flat, BUT then select sync is True in the strategy? What would be the use case for that setup?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello birdog,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct, you would only sync your position if you want your strategy position and account position to match.
                      Waiting till flat and syncing would exit you out of any existing position and wait until flat to reenter you.

Comment

I don't know if this thread is still taking requests, but I was wondering if there will be any changes to the Automated Trading Interface (ATI) in NT8? Personally, I would greatly benefit from more sophisticated order types, particularly the ability to set an All-Or-None flag when entering stock purchase orders.

The reason for this is: when you make a stock purchase and assign it an Advanced Trade Management strategy, with every partial fill of the purchase order there is a new (OCO) exit order created. This means potentially dozens or possibly even hundreds of exit orders, which, as you would imagine, might kill you on brokerage fees. Being able to make an AON purchase or having an ATM that just adds additional partial fills to a single exit order would be great.

Comment

Lately I've been working on some creative stop conditions. I request in NT 8 we have the ability to scale out without having to scale in. I believe an automated strategy's monthly or annual loss could be substantially decreased if this were possible.

Comment

Hello HumbleMe,

Thanks for your post.

This feature request was sent to development to take into consideration.

Thanks LTWCI for your post also.

You can scale out without scaling in currently. If for example you enter into the market with 3 buy orders you can change the QTY field to 1 and press the sale button. This would scale you out so you are only long 2.

Comment

Brandon,

I want to be able to scale out via an automated strategy. My wish is to be able to assign x number of contracts per stop loss command in the strategy wizard.

Comment

Hello LTWCI,

Thanks for the clarification.

This feature request has sent to development.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post lightsun47  
                                Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes