Ninjatrader 8 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

features

Is there no way I can at least get a list of new functionality? I have to make some important decisions about what platform to use on upcoming projects. Without knowledge of NT8, I'll be moving away from Ninja. That's not threat, but a simple fact because I have no way to know what's possible or not in NT8. I dearly want to stay with Ninja but need info NOW.

Comment

Hello coolmoss,

Thanks for your post.

See the link below for the major enhancements to NinjaTrader 8.
      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

question on new features

Thank you Brandon. I'm sorry for being a bit snippy but this has been a most frustrating road for many of us. I think I was sent this pdf a long time ago but never notified of any updates or that things were getting close to fixed in stone.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything regarding volume delta, cummulative delta, volume breakdown (goes under many different names). Originally it was hinted that these volume breakdown type indicators would be natively present in the indicator list. Can I assume correctly that is not the case?

Comment

Hello coolmoss,

Thanks for your reply.

This is not included with NinjaTrader 8. Development will continue to take feature requests into consideration however.

Comment

I do appreciate having good information so I know what will and will not be possible (at least to start with).

Thanks Brandon

Comment

Hi

I'm a NT charts AND brokerage client.
              Yet, the only thing I've received via email is from BigMike's saying that there is a release scheduled for May 4.
              Is that a retail release or a beta? Why did I have to hear this from BigMike?
              And, coordinated with BigMike is not friendly to all your customers IMHO, as most of what's on that site is for "Elite" members and I've not seen anything on that site to warrant the $100 fee.

**Feeling quite slighted

Comment

Hello EnsoTrader,

Thanks for your post.

This is the date for the first wave of beta users. There is no release date for NinjaTrader 8. We are contacting clients on the beta directly with more information once the beta is available to them.

Comment

So guys - where do I send my bribe? ;-)

Comment

Vapourware

Originally posted by molecool View Post
                    WOW - this thread began over two years ago and still no version 8. Depressing!
                    LOL - seem to remember a discussion about vapourware back in April 2012 !!!

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

I'm glad that everyone is so excited for NinjaTrader 8 and the large effort that development has put into this release. We look forward to continue to enhance NinjaTrader 8 through the beta release which will start next week to the first wave of testers.

Comment

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
                        Unfortunately, I don't see anything regarding volume delta, cummulative delta, volume breakdown (goes under many different names). Originally it was hinted that these volume breakdown type indicators would be natively present in the indicator list. Can I assume correctly that is not the case?
                        Or market profile, volume profile, assigned indicator toggle buttons on charts, customizable trade analyzer fields .............

If NT8 were released tomorrow it would be another year before it was truly usable by the time we have all learnt to recode our indys or waited for 3rd party vendors to upgrade theirs.
                        Best not get excited then and stick with 7 ...... if your still using it !

Comment

Maybe I went to the wrong school of management.

But it seems to me that releasing information through a group like BigMike rather than directly with your customers is lacking some things.

Comment

Hello stocktraderbmp,

Thanks for your post.

There is a comprehensive document which will be made available with NinjaTrader 8 to assist in converting code to NinjaTrader 8 to help with this process and assist with beingable to quickly update codes.

Comment

Hello EnsoTrader,

Thanks for your feedback.

This is the route it was decide to give these presentations. Similar to how new products may be announced to a specific TV program or demonstrated on the program. Specific information about when the beta is available to a user is being directly communicated with them and major enhancements are posted directly to our site.

Comment

Wow. Uh, yea, just wow.

You seriously didn't just compare yourself to a 3AM infomercial...??

Youtube is free and can be controlled by you.
                                Yet you go to a 3rd party who charges to see your content.

Tell me again, why am I your customer?
                                Are you going to give me a free membership to BigMike?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                                6 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post jgualdronc  
                                Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Touch-Ups