Ninjatrader 8 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Brandon.

My opinion, would be to test the more people ( stock, futures traders), this better for release.

Comment

How many users are there of NT

Hi, How many users are there of NinjaTrader?
      Seems as though for Beta roll-out 50 is small number.
      reasoning behind statement is that you have, I guess? multiple thousands of customers and common sense would say this equates to the potential of without exaggeration hundreds of different potential configurations, uses, etc..
      Seems more is better as far as testing. Then again I am not on your end! But guessing with a number like 50 you could have done that in-house.
      Not trying to throw stones just asking?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by newbie0101 View Post
        Hi, How many users are there of NinjaTrader?
        Seems as though for Beta roll-out 50 is small number.
        reasoning behind statement is that you have, I guess? multiple thousands of customers and common sense would say this equates to the potential of without exaggeration hundreds of different potential configurations, uses, etc..
        Seems more is better as far as testing. Then again I am not on your end! But guessing with a number like 50 you could have done that in-house.
        Not trying to throw stones just asking?
        Thanks
        Did you read the announcements?

It is clear the *first* group of beta testers is limited to 50 power users and partners, soon they will widen the beta testing to include (many) more users.

The definition of "soon" I'm sure depends upon the number of show-stopper issues and bugs these 50 beta testers uncover, and then development wants to fix those ... and only then will they widen the beta testing to include more users.

"Soon" might be a couple of weeks or a couple of months, or even longer, we really don't know yet, and neither does NinjaTrader, really.

Please, everybody, read the announcements.

Then, be patient a little longer. It is coming.

Comment

Bltdavid how many time we wait NT8 and fix "some" problem's ?

This nice for programmer's, 50 "tester's" say Ok, guys download your "release", you have problem ?

Who this tester's ? We are Tester's and Trader's !
          Last edited by TCust; 05-05-2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I now see problem with Plot(), but not how every day download 300 stock intraday history through IB...

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
              Did you read the announcements?

It is clear the *first* group of beta testers is limited to 50 power users and partners, soon they will widen the beta testing to include (many) more users.

The definition of "soon" I'm sure depends upon the number of show-stopper issues and bugs these 50 beta testers uncover, and then development wants to fix those ... and only then will they widen the beta testing to include more users.

"Soon" might be a couple of weeks or a couple of months, or even longer, we really don't know yet, and neither does NinjaTrader, really.

Please, everybody, read the announcements.

Then, be patient a little longer. It is coming.

yeah I read the announcements so what unless you are going to answer my question move on..

Comment

Market If Touched (MIT)

HI,

I see on the document:

That Market If Touched (MIT) orders will be available under ATM Strategies.

Will Market If Touched (MIT) orders be available in NinjaScript?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by futures14 View Post
                  HI,

I see on the document:

That Market If Touched (MIT) orders will be available under ATM Strategies.

Will Market If Touched (MIT) orders be available in NinjaScript?

Thank you.
                  Absolutely.
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Ninja8 Spreads

Will it be easier to chart spreads in Ninja8 or do we have to build an indicator for spreads?

Comment

Ninja 8 Trailing Stops

Is it possible to create a trailing stop when already in a position w/o a strategy running or creating a strategy like most platforms do already?

Comment

1. Spreads will not be supported by default in NinjaTrader 7

2. Yes - if you find yourself in position without an ATM strategy, you can right click on the positions grid and select "Apply ATM Strategy" which will protected the position with the desired ATM Strategy w/ Stop Strategy configured.

Comment

Below you can find a recording of the NinjaTrader 8 beta introduction webinar Ray hosted 5/8/2015
                          Ray Deux, Founder and CEO of NinjaTrader, personally hosts a “NinjaTrader 8 Beta” informal webinar which covers a high level overview of NinjaTrader 8, the b...
                          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Account performance reporting and analytics

Hi,

Is there any information someone can share on NT8 regarding the "Account Performance" capabilities. In NT7 the requirement to select an ATM Strategy prior to making the trade is a PITA. It would be nice to be able to tag trades after they are made. And the tags be user defined.

Thanks

Comment

Not 100% clear by what you mean about tags? And when you say Account Performance, you mean the reporting tool? Are those two items connected or were you just looking for general information?

In NT8, there is an "Apply ATM Strategy" option which can will execute an ATM strategy on an open position.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. Yes "Account Performance" is the tab in the control panel where you can view reports on trade performance. The issue is in order to get reporting based on an ATM strategy I have to select the ATM strategy prior to making the trade. That is a PITA for me . I use the basic ATM strategy with a target and a stop only. However, I want to just make a trade then after I am done trading for the day I want to go back and review my trades and "tag" them for example "reversal" and "absorption" and whatever other tags. Then I can search for and get reports based on the tags. This is the kind of tagging that is used by just about everyone... gmail, microsoft, yahoo, etc.. You have data and you can tag it in order to sort and report they way you want to see it.

Thanks

Not 100% clear by what you mean about tags? And when you say Account Performance, you mean the reporting tool? Are those two items connected or were you just looking for general information?

In NT8, there is an "Apply ATM Strategy" option which can will execute an ATM strategy on an open position.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post lightsun47  
                                Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post 00nevest