X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
    Hello Genegavi,

Thanks for your post.

At the link below you will see the most recent reply on this by our CEO, Ray.

NT v8 moved to a multi threaded framework. Integrating a v7 indicator without re-writing the code to take advantage of the framework defeats the purpose of the upgrade to v8. Additionally NT v8 has re-worked the page display code to facilitate faster load as well as other benefits. Having the source code is the only solution to ensuring you are not beholden to a company that is not responsive to their customer base. De-compiling is a straightforward process giving you the source code and hiring competent …

"NinjaTrader 8 beta will be released in waves (we took this approach with NT7 as well) with availability to the initial group no later than the end of April but likely sooner than that. I will provide more information as we draw nearer to that date."

As for some brokers not being available for new NinjaTrader clients, this has to do with clients who purchase new licenses only being able to select NinjaTrader Brokerage or complimentary brokers. This is unrelated to NinjaTrader 7. Grandfathered clients are still able to use brokers that were available at the time of their license purchase.

I am glad to see you are excited for the many enhancements that will be available with NinjaTrader 8. Implementing and testing these changes takes time and this has constantly been developments focus to complete.
    Thank you Brandon, the best of Ninja Trader is the support team. I see Ray's answer in the forum you mentioned:

Fair question.

NinjaTrader 8 beta will be released in waves (we took this approach with NT7 as well) with availability to the initial group no later than the end of April but likely sooner than that. I will provide more information as we draw nearer to that date.

Ray

chr1s
    Hi @ NinjaTrader

I'm a senior soft dev in the daytime just as many many guys over here (some with >30yrs of experience).
    There is a lot of "smells" around this release even if it's a major one - do you have a public release plan and strategy (I'm not talking about a random post on the forum) or is it someone asking some 3-4 devs about the dates every now and then? To be honest I can't imagine my estimate releases/milestones etc (whatever it is alpha, beta etc) to slip for more than couple of weeks and then keep pushing it with false promises. Be more transparent with your clients and pick one:
    1) you don't know - plain and simple
    2) admit that yeah you are really delayed (whatever it's being understaffed, agile or whatever you use didn't work out) and and go to point 1
    3) we do have running alpha and done all pen-testing, perf testing etc in our pipeline and now we are "fine tuning" (if so what are you fine tuning?) and then go to point 2
    4) yes we have a release date to be this and that
    5) something else - well can your architect's answer then - or let him write a post, I bet a lot of people over here will understand him

Simple - it's not magic - I always quote my friend "it's simple, there is electricity or there isn't, 1 or 0"*
    In essence "assignment statements, if statements and loops" (sequence, selection and iteration) - nice
    Uncle Bob reference.

Please stop going around the houses with: "maybe I may not as I would if I could not likely but unfortunately we are happy to no necessarily announce that" - which sounds like a really bad sales pitch/answer not bringing anything to the table just leaving with more questions.

Disclaimer:
    I like the software and the support is great, but answers like that just hurt my soft dev soul.

*meant to simplify - I have electrotechnology background as well and know it's not as that simple

Thank you
    Chris

At least some hope, but I see that Ray's credibility is questioned in the forum you mentioned. An example: "Appears most would agree with your view (Ray has dishonored his own word - maybe he had NO choice!) . I hope that its a working release that doesn't have technical issues AND that we all benefit before a up and coming limited nuclear war is used as an excuse to crash the system as we know it.
    With all the DLL's , also wonder about "backdoors" and who really owns and controls "it"...

A lot of "if's" etc have been created ..."

Comment

Originally posted by birdog View Post
      Hi:

What is the process for my being considered to be a part of BETA testing Ninjatrader 8 as a customer?

Let me know what I need to do as I am interested when you allow it?

Greg
      WOW - this thread began over two years ago and still no version 8. Depressing!

Comment

Originally posted by molecool View Post
        WOW - this thread began over two years ago and still no version 8. Depressing!
        Things are moving faster.

See attached for webinar notice on Big Mike's.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
          Things are moving faster.

See attached for webinar notice on Big Mike's.
          Thanks for telling us about the webinar at Big Mike's - I'll definitely try to catch that.

Just to add, for anybody reading this who's new to it, that you need to be an 'Elite' member ($100 now I think) to watch any webinar on that very helpful site.

Comment

Originally posted by arbuthnot View Post
            Thanks for telling us about the webinar at Big Mike's - I'll definitely try to catch that.

Just to add, for anybody reading this who's new to it, that you need to be an 'Elite' member ($100 now I think) to watch any webinar on that very helpful site.
            Hmmm, Wasn't always that way there. Thanks for the update.

I've read reviews online about that place... I'm staying away.

Comment

Originally posted by arbuthnot View Post

Really. You need to be "Elite" now to watch any videos? Hm.

Just goes to show.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                Really. You need to be "Elite" now to watch any videos? Hm.

Just goes to show.

Couldn't agree more. I'm a friggin' NT technology partner with a trading blog that's read by tens of thousands of active traders (and NT users) every month (evilspeculator.com). Did anyone tell me? Of course not - I am not even sure I'm on the beta list as I have received zero notifications about the beta release date.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Once the beta is available to specific users we will contact each specific user.
                  Molecole, you are on the beta list.
                  Partners/Consultants/Power Users will be in the first wave, hand picked by the development team. I do not have a list of what specific users will be given access the the beta at what time.
                  BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Once the beta is available to specific users we will contact each specific user.
                    Molecole, you are on the beta list.
                    Partners/Consultants/Power Users will be in the first wave, hand picked by the development team. I do not have a list of what specific users will be given access the the beta at what time.
                    Thanks Brandon - appreciated. Is the April 4th date still on? I saw that mentioned on the BigMike forum. Also, and with all due respect, why are you guys using BM as your primary means to inform folks about NT8? Shouldn't your own forum and internal communication channels be the primary channels? I do have a BM login but I frankly don't follow it much.

Comment

Hello Molecool,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, May 4th is still the expected release date for the first wave.
                      NinjaTrader works close with Bike Mike and leadership has decided often times to presentation on NinjaTrader 8 previews there.

Comment

Hello Molecool,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, May 4th is still the expected release date for the first wave.
                        NinjaTrader works close with Bike Mike and leadership has decided often times to presentation on NinjaTrader 8 previews there.
                        Alright then, keeping my fingers crossed and marking my calendar. Not to beat a dead horse here but I really hope that NT8 fixes some of the underlying data issues of NT7. This has been the bane of my existence over the past few years and also a reason why I have not moved forward with certain initiatives involving trade signals issued to a larger audience.

Final question - is there or will there be a migration guide for us devs? Sorry if that has been asked before but it's been so long

Comment

Hello molecool,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, there will be a code breaking changes document available to users to assist in converting code to NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

I have a multibroker lifetime license for NT7. Do i need a new license to be able to use NT8?

Comment

Hello peanut,

Thanks for your post.

No, you will be able to use your current license in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

... already answered...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post llanqui
                                by llanqui