Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello EnsoTrader,
    Thansk for your reply.

If you want to join one of BigMikeTrading's live events you will need a subscription to them. Big Mike makes these video's publicly available after the live presentation such as you can see below. I recommend to continue to check back at Big Mike's for the recording to be posted if you do not want a membership to see it live.
    The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No thanks.

I think my efforts will be better directed to another project to ensure the success of my business.

Comment

Hmmm...

Lots of griping and complaining going on here. Nobody is happy that NT8 took so long but since it is re-written from scratch and is incorporating many of the suggestions given along the way, thus slowing down the release, maybe we should just be glad the day is upon us.

Dan
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Don't forget ZenFire debacle that surely ate up resources.

Comment

how can I post a question as a new thread?

Comment

Originally posted by alvaro765 View Post
              how can I post a question as a new thread?
              You have to navigate to the forum's high level view, which shows you all threads (by title and date) for that forum ...

See attached screenshots for quick explanation.
              Attached Files

Comment

thanks bltdavid

Comment

Will NT8 have some type of volume ladder, volume profile, order flow or cumulative delta incooperated? Like jigsaw tools or the gomi indicators?

Comment

yes. ninjatrader give us all a free membership to bigmike.... ground for it? pushing his customers to pay for a 3rd party website to have access to information, videos....

a shame... honestly, a shame. what next?

in answer to post 299... This is the route it was decide to give these presentations

is it a way to say to ninjatrader use bigmike for publicity? strange, i never meet a software company who do not care about products/customers, but simply say.... go another websites, pay and deal with them... not my problem.

on my side, i try many times to connect to this bigmike and i have always same problem. internet explorer crash, and now even better: your IP has been banned by administrator... lol account banned before even opening account, and I can see I am not the only one with this stupid error.

so any solution?
                    Last edited by Frederic; 05-04-2015, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frederic View Post
                      yes. ninjatrader give us all a free membership to bigmike.... ground for it? pushing his customers to pay for a 3rd party website to have access to information, videos....

a shame... honestly, a shame. what next?

in answer to post 299... This is the route it was decide to give these presentations
                      In NT's and BMT's defense, I believe all (most?) webinars are posted to YouTube after the live event.

But, I agree, post #299 was a rather perplexing & idiotic explanation. They're using another website to announce & demo NT8, but they have a perfectly good outlet right here to make major announcements, and do live webinars.

Observe:

NT has experience doing their *OWN* announcements, or have they forgotten how to post to the Announcements section of their own forum?

NT has experience doing their *OWN* live webinars, or have they forgotten they do these all the time in their NinjaEcoSystem subworld?

What inspires anger in this thread is that NT is using BMT as an exclusive conduit for these NT8 announcements and demos, especially as we get closer to actual release dates this exclusivity ramps up the anger because people ask the obvious questions,

1) "Why can't you announce here, on your own website?"

2) "Ok, so you announce to BMT, but how come there is no simultaneous announcement here, on your own website?"

3) "Why do I have to watch/monitor another website for announcements and live webinars that should be being made right here, on your own website?"

4) "Why are you discussing/releasing/demo'ing details of a major product release on a website where payment is required to watch your live webinars?"

Personally, I can give Ray and his management team a (small) pass on this, since BMT is a great place to find huge numbers of advanced NT users and developers. After all, this is a beta release and these advanced details serve the general crowd less than the advanced power users. Fine, I get that, Ray is going where the power users are.

But what I don't understand is why aren't the announcements made on BMT duplicated equally to your own website? I mean if these dates for NT8 events in May are solid enough to announce on BMT, why aren't they solid enough to announce here?

Also think about this: NinjaTrader as a company (and Ray) needs to grow up and do these major release things from their *own* website. How many other companies your size use this route to demo their new products? Think of companies with 50K of users or more, say Evernote, Dropbox, or TechSmith (makers of Snagit) -- it's not like you don't have your *own* infrastructure to do these announcements & live webinars. You need to take this in-house, do it from your own website.

I submit that *IF* your base of operations for NT8 beta details/webinars was here on NT's website, the power user crowd would be here reading & watching it.

There is a great line from the movie "Field of Dreams" -- the line is "If you build it, they will come" -- remember that?

So I say:
                      If you demo it here, they will come here.
                      Last edited by bltdavid; 05-04-2015, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

Big Mike typically posts these publicly to view for free shortly after the presentation. At this time, if you want to see it live you will need a subscription.
                        Your feedback will be taken into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                          Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

Big Mike typically posts these publicly to view for free shortly after the presentation. At this time, if you want to see it live you will need a subscription.
                          Your feedback will be taken into consideration.
                          If I may also add my humble vote in favor of a direct medium. Although I do have a BM subscription I would prefer seeing those presentations on the NinjaTrader site.

Comment

The trading group that I am involved with all have the same concern. We are not only full time traders but we are also fairly good developers (we play way outside the Officially Supported Sandbox) . The concern is if this is the path NT is going to take on the release will they be taking the same path on supporting NT8. Basically pawning it off on 3rd parties and vendors. We have all started test driving other packages because of this. Let me be clear, we are not concerned about the timimg of the release but about how NT is releasing the info and potentially supporting it in the future.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Platform support will continue to be handled by NinjaTrader platform.

Today an email will be sent out to the first wave of beta testers with information about getting started and information on a presentation from our webinar room on a high level overview of the new features in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

I don't have a BigMike subscription and I don't receive email or notifications from BM about Ninjatrader.

Can Ninjatrader at least put an entry in this NT Forum's "News and Announcements" area linking to any NEW video / document / web site that BM has available to the public about Ninjatrader 8 etc.

Or can NT provide this info in their weekly "New NinjaTrader Training Curriculum" bulletin, about NT announcing information thru BIG MIKE and customers can link to it from the bulletin.

I am a Lifetime customer of Ninjatrader, and it seems obvious that I will now have to pay BM to get updated Ninjatrader release and future direction info.

I hope NT realizes how frustrating it is, that a paid customer has search and scrounge the net for Ninjatrader info like this. Not exactly red carpet treatment.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post futtrader  
                                Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post bltdavid