Ninjatrader 8 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all those who would like a Mac version of NinjaTrader

So would I. But as a computer scientist for more than 30 years, I am fully aware of the difficulties that would have to be overcome in order for that to happen. There are only two ways it could be done:

1) There is no C# language for MacOS X. So the entire Ninjatrader code base would have to be recoded in a different programming language; from stem to stern. After which, all changes to the .net (Windows) version would have to be duplicated (recoded from scratch) for the Mac version. And the same would apply to all the third-party indicators and strategies, and to the ones you code up for yourself. Don't choose this option unless you want to wait even longer than you do now for new versions of NinjaTrader (or else want to pay more for it, in order to support a much larger programming team.)

2) Although there is no C# compiler for the Mac, there is a virtual machine on which .net and all of its programming languages will run: Mono. Mono is the open-source version of .net that can be used to run C# programs on the Mac--but not without limitations. Mono is not identical to the .net framework on Windows. It can't be for several reasons: It will always be behind the commercial version that Microsoft publishes for Windows (the Mono developers have to wait until new versions are published in order to duplicate what Microsoft has done, which may take about as long to do as it took Microsoft originally), and the .net virtual machine does not hide all the differences between operating systems. And Mono applications look and operate like .net applications, and not like Mac applications. And they don't integrate with the Mac, nor with native Mac applications, any better than would those you run using Parallels. Given that, you'd get just as much by simply using Parallels to run Windows (which you can do right now, today.)

Comment

we need wait for NT8, sadly, traders are right, no preview version available to public.

I can see a lot of post in this forum referring to bigmiketrading.com. does ninja crew works together with big mike? or is it a new marketing way to push people to buy a license to have access to material that normally must be free and open to public?

Comment

Hello Frederic,

https://www.bigmiketrading.com/ninjatrader/ is a large community for NinjaTrader users with many resources available. We work with Big Mike to host the NinjaTrader 8 preview videos. NinjaTrader's subscription does not provide access to their custom paid for content and a subscription to them does not relate to a NinjaTrader license. Access to https://www.bigmiketrading.com/ninjatrader/ is free however they are a separate company and decide what content they make available with their subscription. The preview videos for example are free.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Cumulative Delta Ninjatrader 8.0 version

Hello - Can you please let me know if the Cumulative Delta indicator will be a standard, pre installed indicator in Ninjatrader 8.0. I understand about the Gomi indicator, but I am not asking about that. I would like to know only if the Ninjatrader plans to finally have it as part of standard indicator in 8.0. Thank you,

Comment

Hello ea0680,

Thanks for your post.

I would not be able to yet say if this would be available in NinjaTrader 8 or not.

Comment

Ninja 8 & Ray webinar set for July 2 on Big Mikes...
              https://www.bigmiketrading.com/webinars/#
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Alfred; 06-13-2014, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Really Disappointing

I'm also really disappointed and frustrated that there is none, zero, zip communication about how long we suppose to wait till the next version of NinjaTrader will be available.

Every couple of months a few breadcrumps in form of a video is not really helpfull.
                Enough time has past to be able to give at least some estimates (that are viable) to when to expect the next release.

I'm also in the process of looking for other alternatives since there seems to be no response at all to the needs of your customers. This is really an unprofessional behavior.

Comment

Hello NeoAkira,

Thanks for your reply.

More information will be announced at Ray's webinar on July 2nd. You can join and ask questions to our CEO directly there.

Comment

While I like that Ninjatrader is always improving, I also am having a hard time trying to understand why I have to wade through hours of webinars to only maybe potentially possibly get half answers to my questions.

What is more helpful to me would be a transcript of the webinar so I can just get to the points I am focusing on, or quickly reference it for new questions I might have later. Once I have read it, and I continue to have a question, I should be able to then ask any further questions here on this Ninjatrader forum.

Again, I do appreciate the ninjatrader improvements over the years, and will happily continue to wait even longer for the new version to ever roll out, but please have multiple ways for us customers/users to ask questions beyond being told to just watch the big mike webinars. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Ray's webinar. Can someone tell me who is Ray?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

Ray is our CEO.

At this time we are unable to confirm features or release dates. Many features are shown in the videos however these are still subject to change. The videos are a great resource to get additional information directly from our CEO.

Comment

Hi Brandon,
                          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                          At this time we are unable to confirm features or release dates. Many features are shown in the videos however these are still subject to change. The videos are a great resource to get additional information directly from our CEO.
                          what you telling here is ...hey guys watch hour long videos of the amazing features in the next release that maybe never appear...because after over 2 Years we still don't know what features will be in the next release, because we change our minds every couple of weeks or months...or don't have the manpower to pull it off and are to cheap to get more developers on board.

There should be a (much) better communication of the overall Project.

Why do I need to go to another website that is not related with the ninjatrader company to search for this Informations in the first place?

It should be the mission of the company to inform their customers over their own channels. I know of no other trading Platform that is outsourcing its Product relevant announcements to a third party (especially a forum).

The complete communication regarding the new release is almost nonexistent on the ninjatrader website (including the Forum). No Time lines, no (definitive) Features, no release Dates. This is everything else than how a professional company should handle its Product management.

Many Open Source Projects do a better job in communicating with their user base about upcoming releases and features and also regarding release cycles.

Comment

Hello NeoAkira,

Thanks for your reply.

As NinjaTrader 8 gets closer to release we will confirm what new features will be available. During the development and testing process many new items are tested to see how it will work, if it can be done, and if users will find it useful. Many different aspects can affect what will be available in the final product.
                            NinjaTrader 8 is a major rewrite and we are putting a lot into development to ensure everything properly functions when released, rather than rushing it out the door with many bugs.
                            Our company has a strong relationship with Big Mike Trading and have decided to host the videos with them. These videos are made public to all uses and links to it are often posted on our support forum.

Comment

Hello NeoAkira,

Thanks for your reply.

As NinjaTrader 8 gets closer to release we will confirm what new features will be available. During the development and testing process many new items are tested to see how it will work, if it can be done, and if users will find it useful. Many different aspects can affect what will be available in the final product.
                              NinjaTrader 8 is a major rewrite and we are putting a lot into development to ensure everything properly functions when released, rather than rushing it out the door with many bugs.
                              Our company has a strong relationship with Big Mike Trading and have decided to host the videos with them. These videos are made public to all uses and links to it are often posted on our support forum.
                              The last thing any would want is buggy NT8. NT7 is fantastic product, and we all want NT8 to be the same and obviously better. Making $ trading is hard enough, and I do not want to explain to my investors that I lost money due to software glitch. Take all the time you need, IMHO.

If NT8 happens to be able to handle options, then this will become an unmatched platform, when all things compared equally with others,

Regards,
                              redduke

Comment

Hello NeoAkira,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks, since you have not confirmed any new features on recent posts here and even posts today to us committed users/customers, that must mean we are not near the ninjatrader 8 release date range.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post AaronKoRn  
                                Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post carnitron