• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello emuns,

Thanks for your reply.

This has been submitted to development.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I haven't read through the 17 pages of this thread so forgive me if I'm repeating somebody here.

NT7 main annoyances/needs improvement:

When you have multiple charts up in a single pane, only the top chart can have an indicator added. NT8 needs to have the ability to dock the charts rather than have them statically connected in one box. Either that or have a chart assigned focus by clicking on a ticker in market analyzer so you can then right click on one of your charts to bring up indicators selection box or data series, just by clicking on your desired chart. (Intuitive method). To have multiple market analyzers running linked to separate charts that the user has to dock themselves is a bogus work around for this.

Ground breaking do-able improvement centered around day traders:
      Have a timer added to market analyzer that will start the listed instruments scrolling and subsequently starts the linked chart scrolling between instruments. Users can then watch a chart of their instruments for say 15 secs (selectable), then auto scrolls to the next in the MA list, then start over from the top of the list. Just think of how much screen real estate a user could free up this way by only needing one chart for stock monitoring intraday.

Another one that concerns day traders:
      Your competitor has a box that has a scrolling list of tickers that are hitting new highs for the day and new lows for the day. Not to be confused with HOD or LOD for a single ticker. Preferably this list can have a settable stock price range. An invaluable tool for spotting break outs and break downs in real time.

HOW ABOUT A SCANNER!?
      All decent platforms have scanners. It's an industry standard. Maybe your platform has one somewhere and it's buried? We don't need something as elaborate as Finviz but come on, this is 2015 Just something that can have selections for stocks based on volume, unusual volume, up/down over settable percentages on the day. that kind of stuff.

Minor changes:
      Have chart price markers for buy/sell prices text and triangles set to off by default. Very annoying to have all that clutter on the screen when scalping.

Imagine if when you draw a line on a chart, right click that line and scroll to the set alert option. From that option have an option that allows you to set your own alert tone from your stored tones on your drive. Yes, think or swim platform. Exactly. I don't even bother with alerts with NT7 because I don't want to wade through instructions to figure it out.

The title of this thread is beta testing. Is there actually a beta test going on? If not, a mod might want to sticky something to that effect so people don't erroneously think they can actually help the NT8 process along by coming to this thread.

That's it for now. Thanks for listening and hopefully the programmers are up to the challenge. Also hope that NT8 isn't too far along in the coding process to make these changes easy fixes
      Last edited by bortz; 01-31-2015, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Hello Bortz,

Thanks for writing in.

I have sent your feedback to development and below or some items on NinjaTrader 7.

When you have a chart with multiple data series it is possible to apply indicators to the non primary data series in NinjaTrader 7.
        To do this right click on that chart and select Indicators
        Select the desired indicator and press New
        Select Input Series and press the "..." button
        New select which data series you want to apply it to.

In NinjaTrader 7 you can also select which data series you want to be in view
        To do this right click on the Y axis and select Maximize
        To restore view you can right click on the M at the bottom right of the chart

The Market Analyzer is what is used as the scanner in NinjaTrader. Please see our recorded training on this which shows different ways to scan, filter, and add cell conditions to the Market Analyzer.
        Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video is a recording of our live "Market Analyzer" webinar covering the topics:4:59 – Connect to ...

NinjaTrader 8 is not yet available for beta however you can email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com requesting to participate in the beta once it is available.

Comment

Hey brandon Thanks for responding. Tried doing as instructed to try and add a volume indicator to a single pane containing 3 charts. All that got accomplished was puttting the volume indicator inderneath the bottom chart rather than the middle chart where it belongs. Hence my point- can this be any more non-intuitive? Traders want this stuff pre-set. Point and go. Not some archaic dinosaur where the focus is to add your own scripts and futz with buried settings. And this is coming from a guy who actually knows the difference between a debugger and a decompiler.

I tend to think big picture. I understand that your finances don't put you on a level of TDA or e-trade but if I owned your company and my programmers couldn't put a competitive package together in under 6 months, that rivaled at Least DAS trader, they would be out the door. Just sayin'.
          Thanks again.

Comment

Hello bortz,

Thanks for your reply.

If you want the indicator to plot on the same panel as another data series you would right click on your chart and select Indicator
            Select the indicator you want to move
            Under Panel select which panel you want to apply it to

Comment

Not exactly?

Whilst it is possible to plot any indicator on any panel of a multi-panel chart provided it makes sense to do so for the type of indicator (e.g. MA vs Oscillator), I think the instructions provided ...
              If you want the indicator to plot on the same panel as another data series you would right click on your chart and select Indicator
              Select the indicator you want to move
              Under Panel select which panel you want to apply it to
              ... may not be correct. I would recommend:
              1. Right-click on the chart and select "Indicators..." (or Ctrl-I)
              2. Select the desired indicator from the drop-down list and click "New" for a new indicator OR select an existing indicator
              3. For "Input series", select the data series of the panel required
              4. Accept the default "Panel" setting, either "Same as input series" or "New panel"
              5. Click OK

This ensures the indicator is either in the correct data series panel and using the data series of that panel, or that a new panel is created because of the nature of the indicator (e.g. oscillators) and that, again, the correct data series is used.
              Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
              jeronymite
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Expected timeframe for beta

I just noticed we have been looking for ninjatrader 8 for almost two years. Surely you should by now have an expected beta release timeframe.

Comment

Hello richa61416,

Thanks for your post.

No estimated release has been announced. Development is working hard to get a beta release out soon.

Comment

can you please add a cancel all limit/stop orders button on the superDOM, during fast markets it is not always very convenient to have to right click to cancel pending limit orders

Comment

Stop and Reverse

Brandon are there any plans to add a Stop and Reverse button to chart trader

In other words if I am in long trade with two contracts ,two stops and two targets have the ability with one button click to close all open orders and enter a new short trade with two stops and two targets. Another feature would be to have the new order based on a specific ATM strategy.

James 108

Comment

Hello axiom234545,

Thanks for your post.

I have sent your feature request to development.

James108, if you press the REV button this will reverse your position. If you have an ATM strategy applied it will also keep the strategy. I have submitted to development to include manually entered targets/stops.

Comment

Please add Elliott Wave tools into Ninja 8 , like 1-2-3-4-5 wave and A-B-C corrections with dynamic support resistance , like metatrader 5 or tradingview has,

and toggle button on MTF traders for different indicators

wyckoff p&F charts
                          Last edited by sumana.m; 02-19-2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Hello sumana.m,

Thanks for your feedback.

Development will take this into consideration.

Comment

These refinements would be nice, but I would be happy to just see the version released. I have been waiting a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by dcrichmond View Post
                                These refinements would be nice, but I would be happy to just see the version released. I have been waiting a long time.
                                Yeah its getting kinda old..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post emuns
                                by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                                6 responses