Ninjatrader 8 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi
    multicharts have volume delta and volume profile in starter edition version and its a free, NT team plans to make such changes without the participation of third-party developers?

THANKS

Comment

Hello Jonson,

Yes, it is on Feedback list but currently it is too early for us to know if this will be added in yet. You may check back in with us closer to the Beta Release and we may have more information for you about this.

Happy to be of further assistance.
      JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
        Hello Jonson,

Yes, it is on Feedback list but currently it is too early for us to know if this will be added in yet. You may check back in with us closer to the Beta Release and we may have more information for you about this.

Happy to be of further assistance.
        Hello,

Any approximate date on Beta release? Will charting/trading options be part of it?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RedDuke View Post
          Hello,

Any approximate date on Beta release? Will charting/trading options be part of it?

Thanks
          I predict that NT 8 will be released in 2nd half of 2013.

Comment

Hello,

It is currently unclear when the next version of NinjaTrader will be released in beta however we do hope to make additional information available soon.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello,

It is currently unclear when the next version of NinjaTrader will be released in beta however we do hope to make additional information available soon.
              The word "soon" is very encouraging .

Thanks

Comment

Position Sizing / Money Management

Please please add a function to Ninjascript & the Strategy Wizard that is able to Handle Money Management and Position Sizing like "Risk only 1% of account size on single trade"

Comment

Make it easier to create connectors

It is very much a hack in NT7 to create broker connectors. Make it easier and encourage the NT8 developer community to create connectors between NT8 and as many market brokers as possible. Even better, create a marketplace for these (and other NT8 add-ons) to be monetised on a revenue-share basis. This is a model that seems to work well for others....eg. Apple and Google.
                  Last edited by vlc; 06-30-2013, 02:54 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Please add me to beta list

Hello,

Please add me to the beta testers list. Also, do you guys have a list of features that you are considering that is open to the public, something like Bugzilla or Jira? It would be good if we could vote on the features we wanted. :-)

Thanks,
                    Mo

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your interest! If you have not, please email me at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your email address so I can have you added.

We do not have an official list public, but you may see a demo of some features through some webinars our CEO has conducted on Big Mike's trading forum. You'll find all the webinars in the relevant "Sticky" threads on this page:

Discuss NinjaTrader indicators and trading platform questions
                      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Two features I would really really love to see:

1. On the chart trader, if a target/stop order exceeds the Y-axis range of the chart, don't scale the chart to include it. If I have a large target, then my charts get squished to show the target and it's not helpful. Thinkorswim handles this well, they show a "ghosted" target that indicates a target/stop that's outside the scope of the current chart. We still have the DOM and other larger time-frame charts to manage targets.

2. The PnL marker in the chart trader is the same length as the stop/target, so when I move my stops to break even, it covers the PnL.

Comment

Hello claxxical,

1.) Thank you for providing your feedback as we continually strive to improve upon NinjaTrader's features.

Since the type of functionality you are seeking is not presently supported within NinjaTrader, I have documented this particular feature request and have sent it to our product development team.

Once I have a tracking ID for this particular feature request, I will let you know.

2.) You are able to modify the current size of the order flags within Chart Trader:
                          • Right mouse click on the Chart Trader area of a Chart > Chart Trader Properties...
                          • Under the Color/Display options > Order display bar length (% of chart)
                          • Adjust this property
                          • Click OK when finished

Please let me know if this helps to resolve this situation or otherwise I can also submit this suggestion to development.
                          Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
                            Hello claxxical,
                            2.) You are able to modify the current size of the order flags within Chart Trader:
                            • Right mouse click on the Chart Trader area of a Chart > Chart Trader Properties...
                            • Under the Color/Display options > Order display bar length (% of chart)
                            • Adjust this property
                            • Click OK when finished

Please let me know if this helps to resolve this situation or otherwise I can also submit this suggestion to development.
                            I'm able to adjust the size of the flags with this method but it still doesn't solve the problem of a break-even stop covering the pnl flag since you can't resize that flag individually...

Comment

Hello claxxical,

Thank you for the clarification, as I test further I can see specifically the situation you are writing about how the stop order flag will sit on top of the position flag.

I will also submit this suggestion to our development team and update this thread with a tracking ID.

Comment

Hello claxxical,

I have heard back from development and the suggestion to make the order flag and position flag on chart trader not overlap is being tracked with ID# 2470.

In regards to the price scale on chart trader changing to show you your order even if it is outside the visible price range can be controlled from the Auto scale property of chart trader:
                                • Right mouse click on the chart trader area > Chart trader properties...
                                • Under the General section > Auto Scale > Set this to False
                                • Click OK when finished
                                • Place an order with an ATM strategy that will have a profit and stop away from the visible range to test

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aligator  
                                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes