Collapse

Delta Buy/Sell Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed.. but it is getting pretty hard to get very excited about Ninja any more when we are more than two years down the road and still without anything more than a public beta relase of Version 7... and we are advised to not even attempt to run 3rd party indicators on it.

How long have they kept us waiting for a real fix on the Y axis scaling? I cannot even remember how long it has been. I am a member of another very popular trading forum that was nearly dedicated solely to Ninja at the outset but that is far from the case any more as more and more traders bail from what should have been the premier platform in the trading arena.

Let's hope that Version 7 eventually proves to have been at least partially worth the interminable wait. However, if you must have true bid/ask stored tick data.. then even Version 7 won't help.

Just think how elementary yet still exciting it would be if Zenfire actually provided a meaningful amount of historical data to feed true daily, weekly and monthly charts... ahhh but it's time to stop daydreaming about what could have been and just deal with what is right in front of us, just like in trading.

Comment

Originally posted by timmyb View Post
      That but unfortunately Ninja still feels being able to easily store bid/ask data is not required. I am shure they would get more than a few. I know 20 traders that would pay the 1k if this occured. thats 20k right there. I really have no clue why ninja wont jump on this. IF they did they would be putting some of the "other" platforms to shame
      To be fair some of the other platforms suffer similarly. However the developers of a couple of the most popular are well aware of the issues and will rectify them.

Comment

I'm new to this set of indicators, has anybody tried writing some set of rules for entry/exit using this indicators? Or maybe there is a video of someone trading this in real time?

thanks

Comment

file location

hi,

Is it possible to change the file location where the indicator is looking for stored data?
          im installing ninja on my server (running 24/7) for collecting the data and like to use that data on my trading pc.

tx.

Comment

You can use GOMFOLDER environment variable

Comment

Would this work for streaming data or just historical?

Comment

How do you set GOMFOLDER environment variable?

Comment

Thanks, its working perfectly!

set environment variable in Windows 7:
                  right click my computer
                  properties
                  advanced system settings
                  environment variables

Comment

OK. I'll try it. Thanks.

Comment

066-nl,

How do you access the data from a different computer from the
                      one where the data is being stored? I'm trying to understand.
                      Do I need to set up the GOMFOLDER environment variable on my
                      laptop as well, for example?

Comment

set environment variable on pc where you want to read the data from different location (defaul is my documents).

server - gomcd is collecting data in my documents (default, no need for change here)
                        PC - set variable to documents folder on server and reboot.

Ninja will use use data from server

Comment

appreciate the help. Thanks.

Comment

anyone know if the converter works on Iq feed?? Can i export a text file from R/T then convert it to ninja??

Comment

066-nl,

One last question: In Ninja on the PC, how does it see the data?
                              What do I do for File>Connect? Do I need to make a new connection?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                                NT7 will manage historical bid/ask data. Beta by the end of this year.
                                anyone remeber this post??

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post emuns
                                by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                                6 responses