Delta Buy/Sell Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qewcool View Post
    i compared the GomCD with the screens on fulcrum website and they dont match at all

Anyone done the comparison.

I am using GomCD with IB intraday data. both bid/ask and tick methods dont match with fulcrum screens. So we dont really know if the indicator is good although it is a great effort from gomi to post it.

But I realized fulcrum is using another software completely so maybe you guys are not even discussing the same thing ( the same chart or data or indicator)

anyone using this with IB data can confirm ?
    The IB datafeed cannot be used for this type of analysis, as they aggregate ticks.
    People here use the zenfire feed, probably iqfeed should be suitable as well.

Comment

thanks for the reply

yes I see what you mean. Is the data being sampled (ie every 10 sec you get a snapshot of the volume traded at that moment) or aggregate (everything traded within that last 10 sec) ?

If aggregate, you should still get about the same thing ? or Am I mistaken.

I guess I'll look for a demo account to test out zenfire since it seems to be mostly free. can a mirus account hold other currency than US dollard ?
      Last edited by qewcool; 09-05-2009, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post
        This error happens when the indicator doesn't find the data file. You have to set "write" property to True to have one indicator generating the file. Apart from that I don't see why you should observe any difference between same symbol and different symbols. Could you clarify the problems ?
        Correct....that is all you have to do, just "cycle" the WRITE DATA property to [True] once and you are all set.....that initializes the awesome GomCD functions to life!

***NOTE - to anyone that is trying to use IB "snapshot" data for Cumulative Delta plotting that is a FAIL attempt! IB "snapshot" data is not at all usable for proper Cumulative Delta realtime plotting......sad but true!

ROCK SOLID feeds for plotting the Cumulative Delta bid/ask data at this time are ZenFire / DTN.IQ / CQG / TT feed (regular feed.....NOT the "Fix Adapter" feed). MOST other bid/ask feeds at this time I am suspect due to recent evidence of problems.....Esignal / Transact / OEC / Tradestation.

Hope this info helps!

Comment

Great thread. Thanks Gomi, and don't forget SBGtrading. THX

Comment

mirus demo account with zenfire seem to crap out right now. monday 7:44pm eastern time.

on ES : monday afterhours price on zenfire is not updating at all (still stuck at 7:09 pm).

and I dont get anything on the bid/ask volume indicator from zenfire right now.

and the connection status in the control center is going from green to red to green ... dont know what that means.

checked on IB and the data is fine there.

Comment

qewcool, this looks to be temporary connection issue you unfortuantely experienced - also consider Monday was a pretty slow holiday - trading - day. I would suggest rechecking things today.
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Gomi.
                It works.

Another little (aesthetic) problem in GomCD4 (not present in previous versions).
                Anyone have seen some black candles between red and green candles?

Thanks again.
                Paolo

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post
                This error happens when the indicator doesn't find the data file. You have to set "write" property to True to have one indicator generating the file. Apart from that I don't see why you should observe any difference between same symbol and different symbols. Could you clarify the problems ?

Comment

TT Fix w/ Ninjatrader: volume delta reliable?

Originally posted by FulcrumTrader View Post
                  [...] TT feed (regular feed.....NOT the "Fix Adapter" feed). [...]

Do you mean that Ninja w/ TT Fix is not a reliable solution to create volume delta / GOMCD lines?

Apparently it shows the same T&S & Bid/Ask vs. Zenfire.
                  Last edited by paulg; 09-08-2009, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Question: Do the BLACK candles represent anything?

Could the black represent a shift in buying/selling?

Thanks in advance.
                    e.b.

Comment

Saving collected data for GomCD

Question for board:

I have installed this indicator, and have about a days data on it. Question: How is the data saved? I noticed on NT reconnect-to-datafeed this AM that all prior data for GomCD was lost.

Is data retention possible, even through quits and re-connects, so program can be exited / restarted with all prior data intact?

Thanks,
                      JW

Comment

Might be best to check out this thread directly and post the question there if needed.... http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=16006

Comment

are the temporary outages frequent with zenfire ?

it came back and worked for 2 days now it is down again after market close.
                          Cant not login at all now. 6:35 pm eastern.

Comment

qewcool, I'm not aware of any other reports on those login issues, have you contacted your ISP as well to check for any pending network issues?

Comment

thanks for the reply

I dont think its my ISP since everything else is working.
                              I run IB data feed and it was fine yesterday.

Today is the same thing. cannot log into zenfire and using the IB data feed.

there is an error message that looks like from memory: "log in unavailable (1004)"

Comment

Please contact whoever you have a Zen-Fire feed from and see if they can provide you with information as to why you can't login.
                                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rhyminkevin  
                                Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                                0 responses