Collapse

Delta Buy/Sell Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio, I use Binary now, you need to press F5 a few times to make it OK from KO.

Comment

Originally posted by rally View Post
      Sergio, I use Binary now, you need to press F5 a few times to make it OK from KO.
      It does not work Strange thing. I have 2 charts open the first one is OK, but the second one is always KO

Comment

Are both charts the same symbol/instrument, if they are then one will be KO, that is normal.

Comment

Originally posted by rally View Post
          Are both charts the same symbol/instrument, if they are then one will be KO, that is normal.
          I've gotten the impression that if you have this indicator on more then one
          chart of the same symbol , that you should have only one of them set to
          " write " and the others not . Additionally , if you add or edit an indicator on
          any of these charts ,you run the run the risk of halting the writing process ,
          and then you need to hit F5 on the write chart to make sure it is still recording . ??

Comment

Yes T2020, that is the impression i've got so far.

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
              I've gotten the impression that if you have this indicator on more then one
              chart of the same symbol , that you should have only one of them set to
              " write " and the others not .
              well, that makes sense...

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
              Additionally , if you add or edit an indicator on
              any of these charts ,you run the run the risk of halting the writing process ,
              and then you need to hit F5 on the write chart to make sure it is still recording . ??
              Yes, when manipulating the indicators panel, NT has some internal logic that instantiates some invisible indicators, so the "real" one can lose write rights.
              You have to F5 it so it can regain its writing privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post

Yes, when manipulating the indicators panel, NT has some internal logic that instantiates some invisible indicators, so the "real" one can lose write rights.
                You have to F5 it so it can regain its writing privilege.
                I've wondered for a long time why the indicator seemed to just up and disappear . So , now we know ... Thx

Comment

Does GOMCD4 only work in during market hours?

I tried testing it with the Simulation Data Feed and it showed nothing. However, when I switched over to the original version it worked just fine. Please help. I am using Ninja 6.5. Thanks.

Comment

Gomi hats off to you for creating a great indicator and sharing that with people.

I also have access to the MarketDelta/Final FootPrint chart. Do the delta values calculated by your indicator and the ones of MD/Final need to match to be accurate? I ask this because I see some variations in the cumulative/non-cumulative delta values.

I'm not saying ones correct over the other, All I'm trying to do is get a better understanding of why the variation happens (calculation etc.) among these tools. BTW, I've set both to use the Bid/Ask method.

Thank you for your efforts.

Comment

You will get slight variations for the reasons I described a few posts ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightSide View Post
                        Gomi hats off to you for creating a great indicator and sharing that with people.

I also have access to the MarketDelta/Final FootPrint chart. Do the delta values calculated by your indicator and the ones of MD/Final need to match to be accurate? I ask this because I see some variations in the cumulative/non-cumulative delta values.

I'm not saying ones correct over the other, All I'm trying to do is get a better understanding of why the variation happens (calculation etc.) among these tools. BTW, I've set both to use the Bid/Ask method.

Thank you for your efforts.
                        Hi,

First of all there is the data feed difference, that can have filtering/aggregation changes.

Then,there's no problem when bid< ask and price somewhere between bid and ask. But sometimes price is elsewhere, and sometimes you even have bid>ask. So one must assume how to count the volume on these rare occurrences. I suppose everyone hasn't the same ides, the way I implemented is buried somewhere in this trade.

So there can be slight differences, but they should be unimportant.

Comment

Delta Momentum indicator works very nice.
                          Thank you Gomi.

Code:
                          indic=Momentum(GomCD(GomCDCalculationModeType.BidAsk,GomCDChartType.CumulativeChart,GomFileFormat.Binary,GomFilterModeType.None,0,false).DeltaClose,5);
                          I wanted to plot Momentum with trade size bigger the 99, in the GomCDDemoindicator any ideas how to archive that one?

R

Comment

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post
                            Hi,

First of all there is the data feed difference, that can have filtering/aggregation changes.

Then,there's no problem when bid< ask and price somewhere between bid and ask. But sometimes price is elsewhere, and sometimes you even have bid>ask. So one must assume how to count the volume on these rare occurrences. I suppose everyone hasn't the same ides, the way I implemented is buried somewhere in this trade.

So there can be slight differences, but they should be unimportant.
                            Thanks for your reply, Gomi.

The differences that I'm noticing is via the same datafeed (same workspace & connection). However, from your response I understand that there could be differences in how the bid/ask volume is calculated in certain circumstances.

I love your NT indicator because it's very versatile. The ability to apply volume filter, plot cumulative/non-cumulative, record and now being able to access the delta values and create derived indicators, Great stuff!

Comment

Here is some interesting Cumulative Delta news that I thought I would pass on to everyone just in case you have not yet seen this......

So everyone quick grab your GomCD GOLD and run for the hills......the outlaws are coming after you!!!

Comment

Cumulative Volume Delta Patent..

Hey, thanks for the information. I followed the link you provided, but noticed this is not a patent application but is instead a patent that has already been granted (July 21, 2009.)

While a patent can always be challenged, the U.S. Patent Office is loathe to reject or withdraw a patent they have already approved and thus it will take some very expensive lawyering and some obvious and incontrovertible proof that such method was basically already in use prior to their application for said patent and is thus not unique and therefore does not qualify for a patent. I do hope Linnsoft and whoever else has such proof prevails in this matter but I certainly won't be holding my breath for that unlikely result.

I won't be surprised if NinjaTrader soon removes the GomiCD indicator from this forum.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cre8able  
                                Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ChartTourist