Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickA View Post
    It is recording OK and it is creating a file FDAX 09-09 Short.txt

Seems to be a problem loading the file despite hitting F5 half a dozen times?

Any other ideas (and thanks for the suggestion )

Edit: I downloaded the ES file you posted a link to a couple of posts ago and that doesn't want load and display either.
    what is written in your lower left corner ?

@timmyb : sorry, no way to have 2 versions easily. You would need edit the files and rename classes in GomCD and GomRecorderIndicator.

Comment

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post
      what is written in your lower left corner ?

@timmyb : sorry, no way to have 2 versions easily. You would need edit the files and rename classes in GomCD and GomRecorderIndicator.
      Recording Binary KO

Hmmm I am guessing that should be OK ?

Comment

Originally posted by NickA View Post
        Recording Binary KO

Hmmm I am guessing that should be OK ?
        it should be OK if you try to write. It can be KO if you only read.
        Did you check both indicators are set to use same file format ?

Comment

it should be OK if you try to write. It can be KO if you only read.
          Did you check both indicators are set to use same file format ?
          Funny got it going with a bit of messing around and judicious hitting of F5 on the source window (I was mistaken it was not recording the file the one I observed was an old one) and things are working fine now.

Thank you for your help and of course for a great indicator.

Comment

Here is version 4.0 ! New feature explaining major release number upgrade is the ability to create indicators using the GomCD values.

First of all, be warned that there is a major modification : by default the indicator does not record the data, and shows "Recording Off".
            So you must decide which chart does the recording by setting "Write Data" to True. You will then have the "Recording OK " or "Recording KO".

The indicator now exposes time series DeltaOpen, DeltaClose, DeltaHigh and DeltaLow to other indicators, so you can use GomCD values in other indicators.

The package contains "GomCDDemoIndicator" that shows how to build your own indicators. By default the GomCDDemoIndicator implements a Bollinger band using DeltaClose , and by commenting/uncommenting lines you can get Swing or RSI. If you want more you're on your own :-)

Caution : this only works with indicators using standard Plots. It won't work if the indicators override the Plot method.
            Brilliant work....as usual!

I do have certain indicators overlayed on my Cumulative Delta bars on some of my charts....this is exactly a set-up I show how to use in some of my videos, so it is great to see we will have this capability now added with Ninjatrader charts!

Comment

Gomi

I see a trader from big mikes trading has market replay data for ninja from june and july. If i load this replay data will it also load the tick i need to have further back gomcd value. Or do i need to use the converter to do this. If anyone else has this answer please let me know

tim

Comment

Hi Gomi,

Does each instrument chart have to be actually open as a workspace to record?

Comment

is it difficult to write a cci indicator with comulative chart

is it difficult to write a cci indicator with comulative chart.
                  How do I start any clou?

Comment

@tim
                    because for integrity reasons GomCD won't write data before latest data in the file, you would need to delete your existing files, and then do a market replay at 500x to populate the file

@rally : yes

Comment

Thanks gomi and thanks for a great indicator

I was messing around this weekend trying to build some of my own custom indicators derived from the gom4.0 but eevn the demo u gave is blank and appears to only work on live data. I am curious if i am doing this wrong since the CD data is populated fine.

Comment

Wish Update

gomifromparis great work ,

Appreciate very much your sharing the indicator. It is very helpful indeed.

By the way, a wish update (case of Cumulative Chart):
                        1) is it possible to update the indicator
                        (with another parameter)
                        so to plot a horizontal and a vertical line
                        at a particolar time of the day only for the current day in the chart ?

It is very useful i.e .to show cumulative change in delta after an
                        important news( i.e Unemployment Rate ) or
                        after US cash session open (i.e. US globex symbol)

2) Another very useful tool is a 'marker tool' that plot
                        a horizontal and a vertical line in a point in the
                        chart identified by user (i.e fulcrum point).
                        So you will see the delta difference about two points.

Anyway once again thank you for your contribution.

Vittorio
                        Attached Files

Comment

importing php files t ninja trader

I am trying to download an indicator that is a php file. after I save it to the desktop and try and import it into Ninja Trader, it does not appear in the browse window- only the other zip files. I am only having this problem with the php files and not the regular zip files. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by timmyb View Post
                            Thanks gomi and thanks for a great indicator

I was messing around this weekend trying to build some of my own custom indicators derived from the gom4.0 but eevn the demo u gave is blank and appears to only work on live data. I am curious if i am doing this wrong since the CD data is populated fine.
                            If you're not using Binary format you must modify the line
                            indic=Bollinger(GomCD(GomCDCalculationModeType.Bid Ask,GomCDChartType.CumulativeChart,GomFileFormat.Binary,GomFilterModeType.None,0,false).DeltaClose,2,11);

Comment

Originally posted by vittorio View Post
                              gomifromparis great work ,

Appreciate very much your sharing the indicator. It is very helpful indeed.

By the way, a wish update (case of Cumulative Chart):
                              1) is it possible to update the indicator
                              (with another parameter)
                              so to plot a horizontal and a vertical line
                              at a particolar time of the day only for the current day in the chart ?

It is very useful i.e .to show cumulative change in delta after an
                              important news( i.e Unemployment Rate ) or
                              after US cash session open (i.e. US globex symbol)

2) Another very useful tool is a 'marker tool' that plot
                              a horizontal and a vertical line in a point in the
                              chart identified by user (i.e fulcrum point).
                              So you will see the delta difference about two points.

Anyway once again thank you for your contribution.

Vittorio
                              1) That can be done by coding an indicator around GomCD (see GomCDDemoIndicator)
                              2) Won't F6 and F7 do the trick ;-) ?

Comment

If you're not using Binary format you must modify the line
                                indic=Bollinger(GomCD(GomCDCalculationModeType.Bid Ask,GomCDChartType.CumulativeChart,GomFileFormat.Binary,GomFilterModeType.None,0,false).DeltaClose,2,11);

thank you Gomi your help is so appreciated, Thanks again for your devoted time. I keep saying thank you because I have done allot of things in trading. Giving mini seminars ect with nothing in return but feeling a tad better about myself. You work is so appreciated and has taken my trading to the next level. Your advice to change to short worked great. I am curious tho what recording format you use and eprhaps why. Maybe its time i switch formats to the one the guys who actually wrote the code uses.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post futtrader  
                                Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post bltdavid