Collapse

Delta Buy/Sell Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the parameters tiger, i've adjusted mine, also i did check this thread a very long time ago, i only came across the gomCD indicator aftetoday.

Awesome work Gom!

Check your PM tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post
      Here is version 4.0 ! New feature explaining major release number upgrade is the ability to create indicators using the GomCD values.
      Well seems you read minds now!, Thanks for the hard work.

Comment

what's wrog?

Why I missed all these data?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Sergio66; 08-06-2009, 01:08 AM.

Comment

edit messg

Comment

Here is version 4.0 ! New feature explaining major release number upgrade is the ability to create indicators using the GomCD values.

First of all, be warned that there is a major modification : by default the indicator does not record the data, and shows "Recording Off".
            So you must decide which chart does the recording by setting "Write Data" to True. You will then have the "Recording OK " or "Recording KO".

The indicator now exposes time series DeltaOpen, DeltaClose, DeltaHigh and DeltaLow to other indicators, so you can use GomCD values in other indicators.

The package contains "GomCDDemoIndicator" that shows how to build your own indicators. By default the GomCDDemoIndicator implements a Bollinger band using DeltaClose , and by commenting/uncommenting lines you can get Swing or RSI. If you want more you're on your own :-)

Caution : this only works with indicators using standard Plots. It won't work if the indicators override the Plot method.
            Trying the GomCDDemoIndicator without changing anything . I see the bollinger bands ,but no data /bars in between them . ???

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
              Trying the GomCDDemoIndicator without changing anything . I see the bollinger bands ,but no data /bars in between them . ???
              Well the indicator will only plot the BB. If you want bars, you must add a GomCD.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio66 View Post
                Why I missed all these data?
                most probalby your indicator went KO and you didn't see it.
                Beware : GomCD is very sensitive to adding other indicators. It can easily go "Recording KO" if you add an indicator, so in that case just type "F5" to have it recording again.
                Last edited by gomifromparis; 08-06-2009, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tiger123 View Post
                  I have to exit NT once in a while when market is slow to make sure GomCD data is flushed and save to disk properly.
                  Well, file is flushed on every tick, so this shouldn't be necesseray. To be sure everything is OK, just type F5, it will reread the file, so it easily shows if everything is OK or not.

Comment

First of all, be warned that there is a major modification : by default the indicator does not record the data, and shows "Recording Off".
                    So you must decide which chart does the recording by setting "Write Data" to True. You will then have the "Recording OK " or "Recording KO".

The indicator now exposes time series DeltaOpen, DeltaClose, DeltaHigh and DeltaLow to other indicators, so you can use GomCD values in other indicators.

The package contains "GomCDDemoIndicator" that shows how to build your own indicators. By default the GomCDDemoIndicator implements a Bollinger band using DeltaClose , and by commenting/uncommenting lines you can get Swing or RSI. If you want more you're on your own :-)

Caution : this only works with indicators using standard Plots. It won't work if the indicators override the Plot method.
                    is there a way to change the name on import so it doesn't overwrite the gom 3.7

Comment

Well, file is flushed on every tick, so this shouldn't be necesseray. To be sure everything is OK, just type F5, it will reread the file, so it easily shows if everything is OK or not.
                      Yes, indeed, F5 does the trick, I saw the timestamp of the GomCD file is updated after F5.

Thanks a lot.

Tiger

Comment

in case anyone needs some gom data

here is last 7 days from what i can tell

if anyone has more data please let me know id love a couple weeks ago ect.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nuybyoezhqh/ES 09-09.Short.txt

it is in short format.

just paste into your documents folder

tim

Comment

one more question i notice now that when delta is above or below 100k level it no longer shows the deference from say 100k to 102k is this because of short format i am recording in??

Comment

Can someone suggest what I am missing? I added the indicator to a 10k volume chart of the DAX and set it to record. I then let it run for 15 minutes. I then added it to a 5 minute DAX chart but it only starts displaying delta from when I add it not the stuff recorded from the 10k chart?

Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by NickA View Post
                              Can someone suggest what I am missing? I added the indicator to a 10k volume chart of the DAX and set it to record. I then let it run for 15 minutes. I then added it to a 5 minute DAX chart but it only starts displaying delta from when I add it not the stuff recorded from the 10k chart?

Anyone got any ideas?

make sure in the setting it says record data - true

if the indicator does nto say recording data OK on lower left u need to turn record on in settings or hit f5 a few times

Comment

Originally posted by timmyb View Post
                                make sure in the setting it says record data - true

if the indicator does nto say recording data OK on lower left u need to turn record on in settings or hit f5 a few times
                                It is recording OK and it is creating a file FDAX 09-09 Short.txt

Seems to be a problem loading the file despite hitting F5 half a dozen times?

Any other ideas (and thanks for the suggestion )

Edit: I downloaded the ES file you posted a link to a couple of posts ago and that doesn't want load and display either.
                                Last edited by NickA; 08-07-2009, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post AaronKoRn