Delta Buy/Sell Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overlay

I have seen indicators to overlay the Stochastics and RSI.

Does anyone have the script to overlay the Delta indicator over the Price in panel 1?

Thanks
    Last edited by DavidHP; 09-21-2009, 09:35 AM. Reason: New Information

Comment

Did FulcrumTrader.com shut down?

Haven't seen any videos lately, I hope it's not the less than accommodating delta/price action lately...

Comment

Ok, it's done the same today for the FTSE contract, at first I thought it might be 09-09 expiration now it's done it on 12-09. I switched from 5 minute timeframe to 1 minute and when I switched back to 5 minutes, it lost all the data

Anybody else have this problem with the FTSE contract?

Comment

In Fact it's not saving the data for the FTSE contract now now

Any help greatly appreciated, i've spent weeks trying to collect this data.

Just like to add, it is ony semi-saving the timeframe that is open at the time, so if 5 minutes is open, no other time frame is being reocrded or saved.
          Last edited by rally; 09-22-2009, 07:12 AM.

Comment

What???

Originally posted by dosh1965 View Post
            Haven't seen any videos lately, I hope it's not the less than accommodating delta/price action lately...
            Price and Delta action has been excellent (the more rotations of price the more times I get to cycle positions and get paid)....so I don't get what you are talking about. Lately I have been exceptionally busy moving a programming project up to high priority...I have spent most evenings the past week and a half and all of last weekend with my programmer working on a project. This is all in addition to answering numerous emails and other meetings I have had with some trading groups this week. My blog videos can wait until tomorrow for now....too many other important tasks that I want to get set up asap!

Comment

GomCD suggestion

Would like to see O,H,L,C in the data box where ever you place the cursor .
              thx

Comment

Originally posted by FulcrumTrader View Post
                Price and Delta action has been excellent (the more rotations of price the more times I get to cycle positions and get paid)....so I don't get what you are talking about. Lately I have been exceptionally busy moving a programming project up to high priority...I have spent most evenings the past week and a half and all of last weekend with my programmer working on a project. This is all in addition to answering numerous emails and other meetings I have had with some trading groups this week. My blog videos can wait until tomorrow for now....too many other important tasks that I want to get set up asap!
                The cyclical action has been mostly rewarding for the longs lately and that's where the easy money is now being made. I'm looking forward to see more videos, I find the *struggle* to make money on the short side fascinating, to say the least...

Comment

I was looking at the OnMarketData() method and I don't see any if-else statement for recording white prints (between the bid and ask). So if I'm using the CVOTL_OutputType.BidAskVolume method of calculation, does that mean it only records the value if the last print is >= the ask or <= the bid?

E.g.,
                  bid == 30.05
                  ask == 30.10

and I get 10 consecutive ticks at 30.06 (likely a hidden buyer)

Comment

Here's an example of custom GomCD indicator : Heikin Ashi bars.

You must adapt to your custom settings in the following line in Initialize method:

Code:
                    gcd=GomCD(GomCDCalculationModeType.BidAsk,GomCDChartType.CumulativeChart,GomFileFormat.Binary,GomFilterModeType.None,0,false);
                    Attached Files

Comment

Volume at price

hi Gomi,
                      hi all,
                      What do you think about made a volume at price with tick data and maybe with your algo, gomi, add the choise to plot the ask-bid volume at price like this in picture? maybe with only histogram.

thanks.

Lubo.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mmm, if question is "could we have for free some cool stuff from fin-alg", I'm sorry but that's not going to happen .

Comment

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post
                          Here's an example of custom GomCD indicator : Heikin Ashi bars.

You must adapt to your custom settings in the following line in Initialize method:

Code:
                          gcd=GomCD(GomCDCalculationModeType.BidAsk,GomCDChartType.CumulativeChart,GomFileFormat.Binary,GomFilterModeType.None,0,false);
                          hey gom

tell me please where can we find the delta bars and how do they can be usefull for us? its like volume bars?

thanks alot

Comment

I see there are some acute readers...

Here's a way to have constant delta bars. Just import indicator and select "GomDelta" in the bar type.

Beware that this is based on a UpDownWithContinuation model, because bid/ask data is not available during the building of the historical chart. I believe it's a good proxy nevertheless.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the post Gomi

Why are some of bars on the noncumulative delta view have less than 5000 delta on your constant delta 5000 chart ? or am i missing something ?

Thanks

Comment

GOMDelta

I downloaded your Gomdeltav1. But I don't see it as a separate indicator. Nor do I see it as a new feature in GOMCD. Can you please give a more detail instruction on how to use this? I also don't see any place to select bar type = gomdelta.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post lightsun47  
                                Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post 00nevest