Collapse

Delta Buy/Sell Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you tell us which one is more important? The frequency of red bars, for example, or the size of the bars.

suppose we have a situation like this: When stock price is close to a resistance line,
    I notice we have a series of red candlesticks which make me believe the price will not break out there but they are very small red bars. They do make the delta wave goes lower but suddenly a very big green candlestick pop out, make the general direction of the delta wave points up. how do you evaluate this situation?
    10 small red bars vs 1 very huge green bar?

Please advice. Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by dosh1965 View Post
      I believe you were looking at 1016 and 1035/8 as the price levels to watch. Price seems to consolidate today around 1025-1030 with CD going more negative. Do you consider that inconclusive until we either go to 1016 or 1035/8 again?
      The ultimate areas you will most frequently see zones of accumulation are located at the "edges" of price ranges....in this case we have resting SHORT inventory in the 1035 to 1038 zone of price. We no longer have any significant LONG inventory resting from the breakout zone of 1016.00 to 1017.75 but I will watch that area until it has at least been test once...so far we have had near misses for that zone.

On occasion we will get inventory accumulation on a mild to moderate scale between the "edges" of the current price range. Today for instance, I had an intraday Delta Divergence LONG scalp type set-up from the 1024.25 level for entry. There was signs of mild accumulation in the 1023'/1024's so those middle-of-the-road entry set-ups I handle as scalps.....they may get some legs and run or they may stall after only a few point.

Many times you will find the best follow through from the areas of price which have the most price reactivity potential. The price reactivity potential is usually elevated at the "edges" of price ranges where there is moderate to high levels of resting accumulated inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by newninja View Post
        Can you tell us which one is more important? The frequency of red bars, for example, or the size of the bars.

suppose we have a situation like this: When stock price is close to a resistance line,
        I notice we have a series of red candlesticks which make me believe the price will not break out there but they are very small red bars. They do make the delta wave goes lower but suddenly a very big green candlestick pop out, make the general direction of the delta wave points up. how do you evaluate this situation?
        10 small red bars vs 1 very huge green bar?

Please advice. Thank you in advance!
        Those are some of the exact situations I was thinking about as I mentioned putting in screen time to learn the behavior/patterns for tracking the conviction within the order flow. You want to be able to track the "Supply & Demand" as shown in the order flow as the market trades to price zones of resting held inventory. You can use the Delta to realtime track the liquidity conflict of those trying to press an area versus those trying to defend an area of price....it is that simple, and there are typical patterns to see who is in control of that battle.

Learn the patterns over time through your evaluation, thinking about what you are watching within the context of "Supply & Demand" driven markets. Learn how to track where is the supply and then what is the demand as price trades to that supply!

Comment

GomCDDemoIndicator De Trended Oscillator ?

I had wanted to add a moving average to the cumulative plots for a long time . So I finally got around to trying this indicator and was able to accomplish it .
          Very happy about that . Then I thought I'd like to have a detrended oscillator
          as well ,but not having any luck so far . Maybe this indicator isn't intended for
          it . Here's my attempt ..... :
          (GomCD(GomCDCalculationModeType.UpDownTickWithCont inuation,GomCDChartType.CumulativeChart,GomFileFor mat.Binary,GomFilterModeType.None,0,false).DeltaCl ose) -
          indic=SMA(GomCD(GomCDCalculationModeType.UpDownTic kWithContinuation,GomCDChartType.CumulativeChart,G omFileFormat.Binary,GomFilterModeType.None,0,false ).DeltaClose,5);

So I'm wondering if there's a simple correctable error or by design this isn't going to work ? tia

Comment

FulcrumTrader,
            I studied some photos you posted, it seems you don't pay too much attention to after-market or pre-market volume, do you? I saw some pretty big, unusual buying volume happened today (8/26) after market hours, does this mean anything to you?

Comment

Originally posted by newninja View Post
              FulcrumTrader,
              I studied some photos you posted, it seems you don't pay too much attention to after-market or pre-market volume, do you? I saw some pretty big, unusual buying volume happened today (8/26) after market hours, does this mean anything to you?
              If you watch any of my videos (watch the FulcrumTrader video on YouTube about the 865 level BUY signal I had in a Sunday night globex session) you will see I do pay a lot of attention to after hours session action....and I do note when commercials work the lower volume environment of the after hours session to their advantage.

Comment

Ok I am writing this to vent.

I am sick and tired of ninjatrader not listening to simple requests. I realize in hindsight that many are not simple but I am infuriated right now. I use this indicator daily and my sole trading is dependent on whether my data is stored on pc. Somehow today out of the blue I realized it wasn't recording so i hit f5
                Unfortunately it reloaded missing one hour of data. An hour that was there before i had to refresh a screen to record again. People on this forumn have spent hours providing code for each other while all we get from ninja is that we cant help you with this or we cant help you with that. I pay for ninja monthly and was willing to pay the 1k this week just to own it. I am highly irritated that for months even years the same issues ahve not been resolved. We have been promised ninjatrader 7 for months and nothing either. Now of course they tell us taht when 7 comes out years of coding by people will eb junk due to the need to recode because apparently ninja doesnt care that we worked hard to make indicators and would now have to recode them.

FIX THE ISSUE WE HAVE IN 6.5 IN 6.5. MAKE IT SO THAT THINGS ARE SAVED. CREATE A SERVER SO TAHT WE CAN BACKFILL THINGS WITH TICK DATA. DO SOMETHING OTHER THEN CREATE EMPTY PROMISES.

AND IF YOU COME HERE AND TELL EM TO TALK TO A THIRD PARTY TECH SUPPORT IN ASIA I WILL NOT BE IMPRESSED. I WANT SOLUTIONS NOT PROMISES.

We have been apying third aprty people to build indicators now 7 wont be compatibel with them so we get to pay people more. ITs rediculous. Find a way to fix these data issues everyone is having. We should not have to spend weeks coding in order for tick data to be stored. It should be auto. At no time should a trader have to lose data because he added a indicator to a chart. This is blasphemy

Comment

I know how you feel . I actually stopped using the indicator for a while I was
                  so frustrated , but there's really no substitute . So I hit F5 fairly often just
                  in case . What can ya do ?

Comment

GomCDDemoIndicator

Even though I make "Auto scale " false on the moving averages that I created. They still affect the pane margins above or below . Is this another
                    ninja issue ? Minor problem ......

Comment

I agree timmyb....

Comment

Yes I have not even used this GomCD indicator because I know it would frustrate me so.

But I also know blaming this and that will not fix the cause of the frustration or speed up the appearance of NT-7. Infact blame is not a useful tool if trading is your interest. Therefore you have to think of your options instead. The ones I can think of are:

= Wait for NT-7.

= Use another product.

= Lease or Purchase NT now, so they have more money to hire more programmers.

For most of us we choose to use NT for free, so try and give only constructive criticism and leave the rest in the hands of the people who only can only do their best with the finances they have. Put youself in their shoes and try and see the situation from the other side..... and being able to do that is a useful tool for a trader to have.

Comment

Originally posted by deanz View Post
                          Yes I have not even used this GomCD indicator because I know it would frustrate me so.

But I also know blaming this and that will not fix the cause of the frustration or speed up the appearance of NT-7. Infact blame is not a useful tool if trading is your interest. Therefore you have to think of your options instead. The ones I can think of are:

= Wait for NT-7.

= Use another product.

= Lease or Purchase NT now, so they have more money to hire more programmers.

For most of us we choose to use NT for free, so try and give only constructive criticism and leave the rest in the hands of the people who only can only do their best with the finances they have. Put youself in their shoes and try and see the situation from the other side..... and being able to do that is a useful tool for a trader to have.

I do buy it and by paying monthly they are getting more than a one time fee. We should not have to worry about adding a indicator and losing data it is ridiculous.

Now for those who may know. I lost data on thurs. is tehre a way to repair my data for gomcd. I record in short format. How can i fix the hour i am missing. i have another file from someone who also records in short but i cant understand it to add what i am missing

Comment

Also is there a way to ahve mutiple files. in documents instead of just one?? what happens when contracts roll over here should we be traking teh next contract already or try to merge files

Comment

Originally posted by timmyb View Post
                              Now for those who may know. I lost data on thurs. is tehre a way to repair my data for gomcd. I record in short format. How can i fix the hour i am missing. i have another file from someone who also records in short but i cant understand it to add what i am missing
                              You have to edit by hand your files and copy/paste the missing part.
                              you will see lines that contain date/time info. Caution, time is stored in UTC format.

for instance if you see
                              0906021817 2531
                              06 3 5 50
                              09 1 5 15
                              3 6 171
                              4 7 2
                              3 6 14
                              2 6 83

090602 is the date 1817 is time/min in UTC.
                              then the lines that contain 4 numbers contain seconds (06 , 09 ) in the example.

the lines that contain 3 numbers represent data arriving on the same second than the last second (09 in the example)

Comment

Gomi can you please read this post and the one following it:

Collaborate, receive help, or discuss indicators and other coding-related topics

then jump to this post as it mentions your indicator and something about "potential race conditions"

Collaborate, receive help, or discuss indicators and other coding-related topics

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post llanqui
                                by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes