Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bce111
    replied
    I went to change the time frame on the March TF contract and it wouldn't load. When I restarted Ninja all the data from 9:30 AM EST is missing til the restart about 5 minutes ago and the Reload is grayed out. Ongoing.

Leave a comment:

• Larsieh
    replied
    Third day in a row, same time, same problem.

Why is this still happening if we are told servers have been switched?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    Originally posted by jhowinvest View Post
    I just rolled my charts to 06-14 and restarted Ninja. I am now missing ES data from march 10th and 12th. I used the txt files posted by Ninja to backfill my 03-14 ES data yesterday but now I need the 06-14. I wouldn't advise restarting now Instamess because I now have missing data.

Ninja support can you post a txt file for ES 06-14 data in the announcement forum post?
    As long as you have your Merge policy enable, and the rollover date for the 06-14 to the default 3/13/2014, the data for March 10th, 11th & 12th should be backfilled by the ES 03-14 contract. If the data is not missing on the ES 03-14, your 06-14 merge chart should not be missing this data either.

If you're using the ES 06-14 contract with the merge policy disabled, I've provided you a copy of this data in an attached zip file.

To check your merge policy settings:

Go to Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> ensure "MergePolicy" is set to "MergeBackAdjusted" or "NonMergeBackAdjusted" is selected

For the ES specifically, go to Tools--> Instruments Manager--> locate the ES--> select "Edit" and ensure the "MergePolicy" is set to "UseGlobalSettings".

If this is setup correctly, you may have reloaded the chart when rolling over, which would have over written the ES 03-14 data you imported. In which case, you will need to reimport this data. Please careful not to do a force reload of your charts, as this will over write the data from the data server which is missing.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jhowinvest
    replied
    I just rolled my charts to 06-14 and restarted Ninja. I am now missing ES data from march 10th and 12th. I used the txt files posted by Ninja to backfill my 03-14 ES data yesterday but now I need the 06-14. I wouldn't advise restarting now Instamess because I now have missing data.

Ninja support can you post a txt file for ES 06-14 data in the announcement forum post?

Leave a comment:

• Instamess
    replied
    My PC has had a Windows security update.

Is it safe to restart my PC (i.e. exit NinjaTrader and then start it back up again)?

Anybody done that safely today without losing ES / CL data?

Leave a comment:

• merzo
    replied
    A lot of disconnesion today... I hope you will fix this problem soon. Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    We are still working with all parties to find the root cause and to implement a fix, however there is no gurantee at this time.

We are committed to ensuring that these services work the best of our abilities and these issues have been escalated and are being actively worked on with the highest priority.

Users who have access to a backup data provider are encouraged to take advantage of NinjaTrader's ability to connect to multiple data feeds for contingency purposes. If you are interested in a back up feed, we recommend Kinetick with subscriptions starting out at $55 per month www.kientick.com

We've updated the following thread to allow users to import data for the most common requested futures instrument that may be missing data for these periods:

If you have any special requests for instruments we have not listed, please contact us at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and we can see what can be done.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 03-13-2014, 03:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jhowinvest
    replied
    Originally posted by jhowinvest View Post
    Ninja locked up and booted me out around 9:30 CST. I was forced to restart Ninja and when I did I am missing ES, NQ and YM data from yesterday. I restarted Ninja again at 9:50 CST and still missing the data from early yesterday....from around 9AM to 10:15 AM CST.

I have CQG for data.
    Update 11:27 AM CST. Still missing ES, NQ and YM data from yesterday morning. Just restarted Ninja and reconnected but still missing. Sounds like CL data has been restored. Are any other CQG users missing ES, NQ, YM from yesterday?

Leave a comment:

• Instamess
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
    The data server is currently offline and we're in the process of restoring access. I will update this thread once I have more information.
    Thanks for the subsequent update, Matthew.

Could you please also confirm that whatever is causing this has been fixed. Trading is difficult enough without indicators giving you all the wrong signals because some of the data is missing. This is what, the 2nd/3rd time this week? And when there's data missing there's not even a message to say there's a problem
    Last edited by Instamess; 03-13-2014, 10:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bce111
    replied
    I was forced to restart to clear a stuck trade and it seems okay now. Thx.

However, and this is a big however, please fix these problems. I'm really tired of all the tech issues. From Mirus/Zen Fire to all the Ninja issues. I repeat my mantra - I just want to trade.
    Last edited by bce111; 03-14-2014, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by giulyko00, Today, 11:49 AM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post giulyko00  
Started by Aviram Y, Today, 06:03 AM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post Aviram Y