Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader Demo versión shows wrong Bid and Ask in real time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
    Regarding the 8.1X issue, this has been fixed with 8.1.1.3 which was recently made available for download.
    NinjaTrader_Ray

Which issue specifically has been fixed with 8.1.1.3 ?

Has the issue of Ninjatrader Demo versión shows wrong Bid and Ask in real time been fixed with 8.1.1.3 ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-29 190225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	1243523

If not is there an ETA for this fix ?

I'm using demo 8.1.1.2 and when I refresh all historical data the chart is different.

Many thx

Last edited by dj22522; 03-29-2023, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Hello,

To update, at this time a fix has been released in the latest version to address the possibility of incorrect ask/bid data. Please update to the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 and let me know if you continue to see any incorrect data.

Thank you for your patience on this item.​
      Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

dj22522​,

There were a number of reports all conflated to mean the same thing, which they were not.

1) 8.1.1.3 fixes an issue that manifested itself in several ways including but not limited to features either built-in or provided by 3rd party add-ons that used the relationship between a last trade event and the current bid/ask price at the time of that event. T&S and Order Flow tools are features that generated output dependent on this relationship. This issue was limited to NinjaTrader 8.1.1.X using the NinjaTrader connection (Not, CQG, Continuum, Rithmic etc..)

2) We had reports where users on any version of NinjaTrader Desktop experienced different results with Order Flow tools by where the chart built with real-time data looked drastically different after reloading historical data for the same period. This can happen if the real-time data source is either aggregated (can happen with Rithmic) or different that the source used by our historical data servers. Our servers use CQG/Continuum as the source data thus, if you use CQG/Continuum for real-time, it will match what was recording for historical and you will not have mismatch charts.

If you are experiencing something other than the two scenarios I have outlined, then please let us know.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Ray
          NinjaTrader_RyanS

Thank you for the replies.

To explain I upgraded from 8.0.26.1 where I wasn't having any issues, to 8.1.1.2.

I registered for the 14 day trial.

I've only today noticed when reloading all historical data that the chart , as you mentioned, was very different. Meaning I've only just tried the reload data function so the issue was presumably there all the while with me not realizing. This is not using Order flow tools but simply the bars on the chart are different on refresh. Regardless if range or time or volume etc..charts

Being on Live 14 day trial I assume it's either Ninjatrader or Continuum data either of which you're saying shouldn't have this issue ?

To complicate matters, I have just upgraded to 8.1.1.3 to see if the data issue was resolved.
          It isn't. I've refreshed charts and the charts are different.

Appreciate any help
          Last edited by dj22522; 03-31-2023, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the additional information. Can you tell me what type of chart you are using that you are seeing this on? Also, regarding your other questions, someone else will follow up who is better qualified to respond to them.

Comment

Thanks for the additional information. Can you tell me what type of chart you are using that you are seeing this on? Also, regarding your other questions, someone else will follow up who is better qualified to respond to them.
              Thank you for the reply.

If you're referring to the issue of WEB Platform chart that's not displaying candlesticks/bars it's on ES and NQ symbols that I've only looked at, for range charts, Volume and Tick and Seconds. But it works for minute based charts.

Many thx
              Last edited by dj22522; 03-31-2023, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Hello dj22522,

Thank you for your post.

I am going to test the scenario you are seeing on my system with the latest install.

To be clear based on your update in Post 34, you are currently on 8.1.1.3 and trying to do some simulated trading.

When you use the SIM101 account you are able to place trades but when selecting the DEMO you get an error regarding Data?

Additionally, I want to point out that the SIM101 account is a local account on your PC and will not publish to the Account Dashboard in terms of your balance. Trades made to the Demo account on the other hand should appear.

The last thing I will also point out in terms of the matching of the balance has to do with Commissions. The Account Dashboard online will take commissions into account automatical but the NinjaTrader Desktop platform will need to have commissions configured for each account.

This can be done from the Accounts tab. Each account can be edited via the right-click menu and a commission template can be chosen.

I look forward to your reply.

Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Dennis

Thank you for your help.

To be clear based on your update in Post 34, you are currently on 8.1.1.3 and trying to do some simulated trading.
                  Correct.

When you use the SIM101 account you are able to place trades but when selecting the DEMO you get an error regarding Data?
                  Correct.

Additionally, I want to point out that the SIM101 account is a local account on your PC and will not publish to the Account Dashboard in terms of your balance. Trades made to the Demo account on the other hand should appear.
                  I understand, thank you, but I'll have to wait until such time as I can place trades on the Desktop DEMO account. Presently I can't because of the issue regarding Data.

The last thing I will also point out in terms of the matching of the balance has to do with Commissions. The Account Dashboard online will take commissions into account automatical but the NinjaTrader Desktop platform will need to have commissions configured for each account.

This can be done from the Accounts tab. Each account can be edited via the right-click menu and a commission template can be chosen.
                  ​Thank you I have edited with the correct commission.

It's not only the balance that's different but what I do on Desktop isn't reflected on the WEB account dashboard.

Many thanks
                  Last edited by dj22522; 03-31-2023, 11:43 AM.

Comment

dj22522​,

I am referring to the issue on Desktop where you are saying the chart is different after reloading. What type of chart does this happen on?

Thanks

Comment

dj22522​,

I am referring to the issue on Desktop where you are saying the chart is different after reloading. What type of chart does this happen on?

Thanks
                      NinjaTrader_Ray

It's on NQ and ES minute and Range charts which is all I've looked at so far. Using 8.1.1.3

Many thx
                      Last edited by dj22522; 03-31-2023, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Last edited by dj22522; 03-31-2023, 11:37 AM.

Comment

An update: but issue is the same.

I've uninstalled 8.1.1.3

I've deleted following Folders:-

Documents\\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache
                          Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\minute
                          Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\day
                          Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\messages
                          Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\snapshot
                          Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\tick​

I've re-downloaded 8.1.1.3.

But issue is the same after reload/refreshing data.
                          Last edited by dj22522; 03-31-2023, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Hello dj22522,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to schedule a remote support session with you to take a look at a few things and document any outstanding issues after we go over some of the new functionality of NinjaTrader 8.1 and what to expect in the Web Vs the Desktop applications.

Please write to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and reference this forum post. Please also make the subject line ATTN: Dennis and I will be happy to get a remote support session scheduled with you.

I look forward to our call.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Dennis

Thank you. I've sent you an email.

Comment

dj22522

I was not able to locate your case. Did you get an auto-reply?

Did that have a case number associated with it?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post funk10101  
                                Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                                11 responses