Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader Demo versión shows wrong Bid and Ask in real time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronyggg83 View Post
    Hello NinjaTrader_Manfred, I am a developer of indicators for Ninjatrader, I have tested my addons (which works perfectly in the LifeTime version) in the Demos version of Ninjatrader and it shows these problems, IT IS ONLY IN REAL TIME, IN THE HISTORY EVERYTHING APPEARS CORRECT, sorry that write in capital letters, but yes, I'm yelling, because it's a serious problem, I hope you're not trying to get rid of the problem, please find a solution to what I'm kindly commenting on.

It is not possible to test with native Ninjatrader indicators, since OrderFlow is disabled in the Demo version of the Platform, so it is necessary to test with third-party indicators, but I repeat "These indicators with which I am testing on the DEMO version of Ninjatrader 8, they work PERFECTLY in the LifeTime version of Ninjatrader 8" so I am sure that the problem is not with the external addon, as I indicate I am a Developer and I have made impressions in "Ninja Script Output" and they are incorrect in real time in the Demo, and they are Correct in the LifeTime version.

Please don't keep ignoring this problem even though no one seems to have noticed...​
    This is an interesting one. I do not understanding how, separate and apart from whether you have live non-delayed data, the non-lifetime version of NinjaTrader would be any different in this regard. Hopefully NinjaTrader Support will clarify this situation and this will turn out to be a simple question of your data being delayed or, possibly, being on a different data server for the demo version to keep that load away from the server used by paying customers - I'm speculating here but I don't understand how it could be as simple as "lifetime license has different bid/ask live" - they'll have to get to the bottom of what's happening here and then we'll understand.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by vaivanov2 View Post
      Confirming the complaints above. Version 8.1.11 in DEMO is giving wrong bid and ask values - thus making delta calculation useless. This happens only in real-time, after Reload All Historical Data the reloaded data gives correct (and VERY different from real-time) information. Was using 8.0.24.3 before upgrade, and this problem did not occur. It looks like a bug introduced between 8.0.24.3 and 8.0.27.1 (according to the first post). Please take care

Added: This apparently happens in Free version of NinjaTrader. It may (and probably is according to the posts above) be correct in Lifetime version
      An update: This is absolutely reproducible with NT's native indicators - just add BuySellVolume to 1 min chart (ES in my case), and after few bars of real-time data has been collected just enable tick replay (which essentially will load tick replay data from the server) - difference will be obvious. This is a bug which makes order flow indicators useless. Please create a ticket for this problem

Comment

Hello all,

Thank you very much for your patience and due diligence during this.

I have escalated this to our development team for further investigation. We will work as quickly as possible to get this resolved and I will update this thread once more information is available.

Thank you.
        Luis H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ronyggg83 View Post
          Hello, I am using the Demo version of ninjatrader 8.0.27.1, I also tried it with 8.0.26.1.

I am using a translator.

The problem is that when using a footprint to see the orderflow using tickreplay, the data received is messed up in real time, I have tried the same addons with the same data connection in the lifetime version of ninjatrader 8.0.27.1 and it works correctly, I have even carried out tests with the CQG DEMO data connection provided by ninjatrader and in both modalities of the platform, LifeTime and Demo, in the DEMO it goes wrong in real time and in the LifeTime it goes well.

In the case of ninjatrader 8 Demo, in real time, it marks the bid and Ask incorrectly, when reloading the historical data the historical bars are adjusted and the real-time ones continue to be marked incorrectly.

This is serious, I tried it on two different computers and had the same result.

This means that no OrderFlow indicator is working correctly in the Demo version of ninjatrader.​
          have you solved this problem yet?

Comment

Hello Hong Nguyen ​,

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_LuisH View Post
            Hello all,

Thank you very much for your patience and due diligence during this.

I have escalated this to our development team for further investigation. We will work as quickly as possible to get this resolved and I will update this thread once more information is available.

Thank you.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_LuisH View Post
              Hello Hong Nguyen ​,

Thank you!
              Please watch this video!
              link: https://vimeo.com/810524723/4992579aaf
              the author used real data from Ninja trader 8 himself (fee 12 usd per month) and still facing the problem of displaying wrong bid-ask price. Meanwhile, with rithmic data from earn2trade, he has absolutely no problem. ​

Comment

NinjaTrader_LuisH​ , Hi, is there any answer about the incorrect display of Bid and Ask in the demo version of ninja trader 8.1.1.1 -?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you all for your patience while our development team continues to investigate this issue with the highest priority.

We understand the frustration that this can cause and, in the meantime, please see the following temporary workaround that can be used to correct the issue you are currently experiencing. To do this, please connect NinjaTrader v 8.1 to your account using NinjaTrader Continuum. Below is a link to a Help Article that will assist you in recovering your NinjaTrader Continuum Credentials that can be used to connect to your live account.Once you have recovered these credentials and reset your password, please use the Help Article below to configure your account connection using NinjaTrader Continuum.
                  As soon as we have the permanent fix identified we will be sure to let you know. Thank you again for your patience.​

Comment

Hello Ninjatrader_LuisH, I don't understand how what you mention as a "temporary solution" could help to solve the problem that the Demo version of the platform is presenting, besides that it is not only with the CQG data, the problem is with any data source, rithmic, etc

Comment

Very simple, the problem is in this new version of Ninja Trader 8 platfrom, not the data problem. If you notice, all the measures the support team mentioned are useless. I don't even read those temporary solutions because I know they won't solve it that way.

Comment

Hong Nguyen, this problem is happening since past versions of Ninjatrader 8 Demo, it is not since 8.1 only, I imagine that many people have lost money in funding companies trading with wrong signals in their OrderFlow tools due to inconsistency problems in real-time data .

Comment

I believe there are two issues being conflated here. The issue Hong is referring to and what various posts in this forum is related to is specific to 8.1X connecting to NinjaTrader. We will be releasing an update later this week that addresses this issue. The issue pre 8.1 is different and still under investigation at this time.
                          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninjatrader_Ray, and how much longer will it take to solve the problem of the DEMO Platform?

Comment

ronyggg83, there is no difference between CQG Demo and Live data nor is there a difference between license types. That said, I had QA try to reproduce which they could not. They then reviewed log and trace files sent it (I just asked them to double check this) and they said that the connection was to Rithmic and not CQG. This could explain it for several possible reasons. First, NinjaTrader historical servers use CQG as its source and if Rithmic is used for real-time, there could be differences between these feeds. Second, if I recall, Rithmic does have aggregated data feed servers that one can connect to which for sure would be very different bid/ask feed than CQG.

Thus, if you are not using CQG for real-time, these differences would be expected.
                              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Ray; 03-28-2023, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Regarding the 8.1X issue, this has been fixed with 8.1.1.3 which was recently made available for download.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cre8able  
                                Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes