Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader Demo versión shows wrong Bid and Ask in real time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I understand that it can be frustrating when it seems easy for you to replicate an issue that we cannot on our end.
    First, I want to clarify that there is not a demo version of NinjaTrader and a lifetime version of NinjaTrader. There is only 1 version of NinjaTrader. When you download the latest version of NinjaTrader, you will see there is only 1 link to download. Not a demo and lifetime link.

However, there are 3 plans that a user can have: free, monthly, and lifetime. NinjaTrader Desktop does not detect what plan you have. The plans are only used on the backend to calculate what commissions should be applied to your live NinjaTrader Brokerage account’s trades. Additionally, the lifetime plan includes the Order Flow + add-on. NinjaTrader Desktop does detect the Order Flow + add-on which enables you for the Order Flow + tools. None of this affects what data you receive.

The only way to properly test that real-time data is matching on a free user vs a lifetime user would be to have NinjaTrader connected on 2 different computers at the same time to the same data provider. Then you could compare the real-time values received on both systems. We do not see any issues in this scenario. If you complete this test and see an issue, we need to better understand what is different between your 2 set ups. It may be best to write in so that we can ask for information such as what username you are using on each system and we can look into what may be different with the users if they are from NinjaTrader. If you provide screenshots we need to know what bars were generated from real-time data and what bars were generated from historical data. It is best to test with built in features rather than 3rd party add-ons.

We do want to assist in finding the cause. We will continue to investigate this. However, the more information we can gather from you the better we can determine the cause. If you are experiencing this issue, please write into our support team so we may troubleshoot the item on your installation to hopefully find a resolution we can provide to multiple users. Unfortunately since we cannot replicate the behavior, we'll need information from affected users to continue investigating. ​
    Hello

Could we have a video call to talk about it?​

Comment

Thanks everyone for your responses. I understand that it can be frustrating when it seems easy for you to replicate an issue that we cannot on our end.
      First, I want to clarify that there is not a demo version of NinjaTrader and a lifetime version of NinjaTrader. There is only 1 version of NinjaTrader. When you download the latest version of NinjaTrader, you will see there is only 1 link to download. Not a demo and lifetime link.

However, there are 3 plans that a user can have: free, monthly, and lifetime. NinjaTrader Desktop does not detect what plan you have. The plans are only used on the backend to calculate what commissions should be applied to your live NinjaTrader Brokerage account’s trades. Additionally, the lifetime plan includes the Order Flow + add-on. NinjaTrader Desktop does detect the Order Flow + add-on which enables you for the Order Flow + tools. None of this affects what data you receive.

The only way to properly test that real-time data is matching on a free user vs a lifetime user would be to have NinjaTrader connected on 2 different computers at the same time to the same data provider. Then you could compare the real-time values received on both systems. We do not see any issues in this scenario. If you complete this test and see an issue, we need to better understand what is different between your 2 set ups. It may be best to write in so that we can ask for information such as what username you are using on each system and we can look into what may be different with the users if they are from NinjaTrader. If you provide screenshots we need to know what bars were generated from real-time data and what bars were generated from historical data. It is best to test with built in features rather than 3rd party add-ons.

We do want to assist in finding the cause. We will continue to investigate this. However, the more information we can gather from you the better we can determine the cause. If you are experiencing this issue, please write into our support team so we may troubleshoot the item on your installation to hopefully find a resolution we can provide to multiple users. Unfortunately since we cannot replicate the behavior, we'll need information from affected users to continue investigating. ​
      I attach an image where disparities can be seen in the ninjatrader T&S, if you can reproduce this friend, I await your response.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
        This is an interesting one. I do not understanding how, separate and apart from whether you have live non-delayed data, the non-lifetime version of NinjaTrader would be any different in this regard. Hopefully NinjaTrader Support will clarify this situation and this will turn out to be a simple question of your data being delayed or, possibly, being on a different data server for the demo version to keep that load away from the server used by paying customers - I'm speculating here but I don't understand how it could be as simple as "lifetime license has different bid/ask live" - they'll have to get to the bottom of what's happening here and then we'll understand.
        Hello QuantKey_Bruce, the problem is back and the ninjatrader agents ignore it...

Comment

Hello, do you have any answer or any progress on this topic?

Comment

Originally posted by ronyggg83 View Post

Hello QuantKey_Bruce, the problem is back and the ninjatrader agents ignore it...
            I have not responded because I don't have any specific information to share - hopefully NinjaTrader Support can address the question. I don't have any demo accounts here at this time.
            Bruce DeVault
            QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by ronyggg83 View Post

I attach an image where disparities can be seen in the ninjatrader T&S, if you can reproduce this friend, I await your response.
              Thank you for providing a screenshot of the T&S with a discrepancy, as this removes any 3rd party add-ons from them mix and ensures it's real-time data that is being compared. However, as mentioned there is not a sim version and live version of the platform. So we can better understand the differences between your 2 set ups, please email support with the following information.
              “Demo” screenshot
              • What username did you use on start up?
              • Is multi- provider enabled or disabled? (tools> Options> General)
              • What connection are you using: NinjaTrader Live, NinjaTrader Simulation, NinjaTrader Continuum, Kinetick, Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage, etc?
              “Live”screenshot
              • What username did you use on start up?
              • Is multi- provider enabled or disabled? (tools> Options> General)
              • What connection are you using: NinjaTrader Live, NinjaTrader Simulation, NinjaTrader Continuum, Kinetick, Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage, etc?

Thanks in advance-
              Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ageeholdings  
              Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
              0 responses