Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader Demo versión shows wrong Bid and Ask in real time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use ninjatrader8 v28 a have many costumers told me have delaiy data on demo account and show false ask bid with chart and dom show not the same data on chart more 20 tick ecard ,,,, now many people ask me if ninjatrader are legit , what a can response \!?

Comment

Originally posted by k7ler View Post
      i use ninjatrader8 v28 a have many costumers told me have delaiy data on demo account and show false ask bid with chart and dom show not the same data on chart more 20 tick ecard ,,,, now many people ask me if ninjatrader are legit , what a can response \!?
      Indeed, when the Demo data is delayed due to the expiration of the 15-day trial, it delivers erroneous data, it shouldn't but it's a disaster, now, this is understandable since the demo data is over, but this is not the case in this post The problem here is that the problem is occurring with data paid in real time from funding companies, in funded accounts, which is very serious.

Comment

Hello
        As described by ronyggg83:

1- Open the Ninjatrader 8 platform in its DEMO version (NOT LIFETIME).
        2- Connect the data with any data connection "CQG Demo, Rithmic, etc.".
        3- Open a chart of any instrument where you have Bid/Ask data.
        4- Add any third-party footprint indicators.
        5- Compare the data that is loaded in real time of the Bid/Ask of this footprint with the real time data of the footprint of "Ninjatrader 8 LifeTime Version"

You will be able to see that in real time they are different and that when you reload the historical data in the chart of the DEMO version of Ninjatrader 8, they adjust and remain the same as those of the "Ninjatrader 8 LifeTime" version.
        it seems to be a problem of internal prioritization in the processing of incoming data (not in the data feed, nor in the data providers), and it seems to be the difference between the NT8 DEMO-FREE version and the NT8 LT version. Since, the same third party indicator regardless of the data provider, works perfect in NT8 LT, but not in NT8 DEMO-FREE.

Did I understand correctly?
        Am I wrong?
        If I'm not wrong,... maybe it can be solved just with a little good will , to help people working with funded accounts.​
        Last edited by trader2022ne; 06-09-2023, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trader2022ne View Post
          Hello
          As described by ronyggg83:

it seems to be a problem of internal prioritization in the processing of incoming data (not in the data feed, nor in the data providers), and it seems to be the difference between the NT8 DEMO-FREE version and the NT8 LT version. Since, the same third party indicator regardless of the data provider, works perfect in NT8 LT, but not in NT8 DEMO-FREE.

Did I understand correctly?
          Am I wrong?
          If I'm not wrong,... maybe it can be solved just with a little good will , to help people working with funded accounts.​
          Hello, that is exactly what is happening, so, I guess the rented platform is also showing the same fault, many do not need ninjatrader orderflow and prefer third party indicators, these people are being affected, many without knowing it. This is not an easy problem to identify, since everything seems to be normal, even reloading with F5 does not fit, it is necessary to reload historical data so that discrepancies can be observed.

Comment

The days go by and the problem persists. Are you not going to do anything to solve it? As you have already explained, the problem is only detected if you compare a demo installation against a lifetime installation, otherwise, everything seems to work correctly, but when you compare them, the demo versions give different delta and bid x ask values. The delta and bid x ask values of the demo version are not correct. Please, fix it, it is a serious problem and it is really a configuration more and more used by the users. Users who choose the demo platform and work with the evaluation tests of funders, these users are getting data that is not correct.​

Comment

Hello all,

As mentioned, we are not able to replicate this behavior on our end to confirm it is a global issue with the data feed or platform processing the data. If you are experiencing this issue we ask that you write into our support team at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so that one of our technicians can troubleshoot the issue with your installation as well as investigating the diagnostic files to work towards a resolution.
              Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
                Hello all,

As mentioned, we are not able to replicate this behavior on our end to confirm it is a global issue with the data feed or platform processing the data. If you are experiencing this issue we ask that you write into our support team at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so that one of our technicians can troubleshoot the issue with your installation as well as investigating the diagnostic files to work towards a resolution.
                It is a widespread problem, support has already written and they do not give an answer, of course you can reproduce this behavior.

5- Compare the data that is loaded in real time of the Bid/Ask of this footprint with the real time data of the footprint of "Ninjatrader 8 LifeTime Version"
                6- If you don't have the LifeTime version, just run several candles with the footprint, then take a screenshot, reload historical data and compare the bars that are formed in real time.​

Comment

Originally posted by ronyggg83 View Post

It is a widespread problem, support has already written and they do not give an answer, of course you can reproduce this behavior.

6- If you don't have the LifeTime version, just run several candles with the footprint, then take a screenshot, reload historical data and compare the bars that are formed in real time.​

To clarify a couple of things here, the user type you are using to login to the platform has no effect on the data connection within your platform. Using your NT username, whether demo or live, only links the account enablements to the platform. When you create a connection to a data provider, this is a direct connection to that API/adapter and is unaffected by what user you are logging in with, whether it be demo, live, or a social login.

Also, if the issue is only apparent with the use of a 3rd party indicator or add-on we would advise reaching out to the developer/vendor of said add-on. Our development/support teams are unable to test and verify if 3rd party add ons are affecting behavior, so in this case we would recommend removing the add on to see if this resolves the issue.

Finally, data is expected to be different when it is reloaded from the server, as this is replacing data that has printed in real time with data that is recorded on the server. While it should be nearly identical, if examining on a tick by tick level you may see discrepancies. Below is more information on this for reference:

Comment

To clarify a couple of things here, the user type you are using to login to the platform has no effect on the data connection within your platform. Using your NT username, whether demo or live, only links the account enablements to the platform. When you create a connection to a data provider, this is a direct connection to that API/adapter and is unaffected by what user you are logging in with, whether it be demo, live, or a social login.

Also, if the issue is only apparent with the use of a 3rd party indicator or add-on we would advise reaching out to the developer/vendor of said add-on. Our development/support teams are unable to test and verify if 3rd party add ons are affecting behavior, so in this case we would recommend removing the add on to see if this resolves the issue.

Finally, data is expected to be different when it is reloaded from the server, as this is replacing data that has printed in real time with data that is recorded on the server. While it should be nearly identical, if examining on a tick by tick level you may see discrepancies. Below is more information on this for reference:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...aFromTheServer
                    You are completely wrong, and you are wrong simply because you have refused to test, I am a developer of indicators for ninjatrader 8, I have tested this bug with my indicators and with indicators from other developers, and the same problem occurs, here in this thread I tell you people have reported using different indicators and they all claim to have the same problem, apart from this, I have uploaded a test indicator where it prints the received bid/ask in the NinjaScript OutPut and throws the exact same problem.

Thank you for taking some time to verify what many of us here are saying and you can escalate the case to the corresponding department so that it can be resolved.

IMPORTANT: it is a connection problem, since in the past this was solved in version 8.1.1.3 and now that same version is presenting the problem, which indicates that it is not the installation file, it is a connection problem when detected that the Ninjatrader 8 platform is in DEMO mode.

Attached I leave the images of what I am commenting on.

​​Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	107
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	1256633Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	88
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1256634

Comment

Please keep in mind this may be related to users using demo connections that have expired, and therefore are receiving delayed data which would cause a similar symptom. We have had a handful of users write in with similar symptoms and each time this has been the culprit. I would also note that it is expected to see slightly different time stamps on ticks when comparing live data to historical data.

The issue you are outlining would be a new issue since you are reporting it is happening with Rithmic, CQG, and other data feeds. The original issue was isolated to CQG based data feeds, for which the fix was implemented. Rithmic was unaffected by this issue entirely, so if this is happening on multiple data feeds this would be a new issue entirely. Other than your report though we haven't had any users write in that hasn't been resolved or explained with either of the aforementioned scenarios.

Unfortunately there is no other assistance or recommendations I can provide on this thread without analyzing your installation's settings/configuration and/or diagnostic files. I implore you to write into our team so we can either identify the cause, or get a new issue reported with the development team if we are able to confirm the exact scenario on which this occurs. If our support and development team are able to replicate your settings and experience the behavior we can get a report done as soon as possible, but as of now we are unable to replicate the behavior you are reporting and the development team confirmed the issue mentioned was fixed in release .3

Comment

Please keep in mind this may be related to users using demo connections that have expired, and therefore are receiving delayed data which would cause a similar symptom. We have had a handful of users write in with similar symptoms and each time this has been the culprit. I would also note that it is expected to see slightly different time stamps on ticks when comparing live data to historical data.

The issue you are outlining would be a new issue since you are reporting it is happening with Rithmic, CQG, and other data feeds. The original issue was isolated to CQG based data feeds, for which the fix was implemented. Rithmic was unaffected by this issue entirely, so if this is happening on multiple data feeds this would be a new issue entirely. Other than your report though we haven't had any users write in that hasn't been resolved or explained with either of the aforementioned scenarios.

Unfortunately there is no other assistance or recommendations I can provide on this thread without analyzing your installation's settings/configuration and/or diagnostic files. I implore you to write into our team so we can either identify the cause, or get a new issue reported with the development team if we are able to confirm the exact scenario on which this occurs. If our support and development team are able to replicate your settings and experience the behavior we can get a report done as soon as possible, but as of now we are unable to replicate the behavior you are reporting and the development team confirmed the issue mentioned was fixed in release .3
                        If you don't do the tests yourself, we're going to stay here for eternity, friend...

1- It is not a problem related to Delayed Data in expired CQG accounts (it is similar, you are right, but it is not the same).
                        2- In the past I reported the problem with all types of connections, CQG, Rithmic, etc. and it was solved with all of them temporarily.
                        3- Here in this same Forum there are more people reporting the problem and they have also described it, if you say that I am the only one, then you are completely ignoring them.

I recommend you read the entire post so that you enter into context, and please, perform the tests that I mention above. I know exactly what I'm talking about, I'm not wrong.​

Comment

I really feel you are taking us for fools with these answers. Are you really saying that you are not able to replicate the problem? Just take a lifetime version and a demo version, load them with a footprint and delta indicator and observe that they DO NOT GIVE EQUAL VALUES. Just look as a small example at the images I attach, the 16.30, look at the delta, look at the clusters one by one, in their bid x ask version and you will see that they DO NOT GIVE EQUAL VALUES in each of the versions, with live data from Rithmic. Don't tell me you are not able to see that there is a problem and especially don't tell me you are not able to replicate it.

Comment

Hello,

I have the same problem. The demo versions are giving different values in the bid x ask.

Please pay attention to solve this serious problem.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your responses. I understand that it can be frustrating when it seems easy for you to replicate an issue that we cannot on our end.
                              First, I want to clarify that there is not a demo version of NinjaTrader and a lifetime version of NinjaTrader. There is only 1 version of NinjaTrader. When you download the latest version of NinjaTrader, you will see there is only 1 link to download. Not a demo and lifetime link.

However, there are 3 plans that a user can have: free, monthly, and lifetime. NinjaTrader Desktop does not detect what plan you have. The plans are only used on the backend to calculate what commissions should be applied to your live NinjaTrader Brokerage account’s trades. Additionally, the lifetime plan includes the Order Flow + add-on. NinjaTrader Desktop does detect the Order Flow + add-on which enables you for the Order Flow + tools. None of this affects what data you receive.

The only way to properly test that real-time data is matching on a free user vs a lifetime user would be to have NinjaTrader connected on 2 different computers at the same time to the same data provider. Then you could compare the real-time values received on both systems. We do not see any issues in this scenario. If you complete this test and see an issue, we need to better understand what is different between your 2 set ups. It may be best to write in so that we can ask for information such as what username you are using on each system and we can look into what may be different with the users if they are from NinjaTrader. If you provide screenshots we need to know what bars were generated from real-time data and what bars were generated from historical data. It is best to test with built in features rather than 3rd party add-ons.

We do want to assist in finding the cause. We will continue to investigate this. However, the more information we can gather from you the better we can determine the cause. If you are experiencing this issue, please write into our support team so we may troubleshoot the item on your installation to hopefully find a resolution we can provide to multiple users. Unfortunately since we cannot replicate the behavior, we'll need information from affected users to continue investigating. ​

Comment

Hello good afternoon, still the same problem when plotting the bid / ask and also the Delta, with order flow the ninjatrader 8 platform, when I load the graph comes out some values and when I give F5 or load the entire history those values of bid, ask and Delta change, we have been more than 15 days and has not been solved, I use anchor company license.
                                Last edited by RichardAlcaldefrv18; 06-22-2023, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post loosek
                                by loosek

Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes