Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,

Thank you for your posts.

We have received several reports of this. This issue has been reported to our Development Team and they are currently looking into this further. We will post a follow up once we have confirmation from the Development team that this has been resolved.

Thank you for your patience.​​​
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Gaby View Post
      Hello all,

We have received several reports of this. This issue has been reported to our Development Team and they are currently looking into this further. We will post a follow up once we have confirmation from the Development team that this has been resolved.

Can we have an ETA before it is resolved ? like in a few days or within this week ? or are we looking at multiple weeks ?

This should be urgent priority since receiving data is basically disabled with this problem.

Comment

Hello qewcool,

Unfortunately we don't have an ETA yet, but I can assure you our team is treating it as an urgent issue and it is currently being addressed.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this is causing.

Comment

Hello all,

I found a post from January 13, 2023 from someone reporting a problem of being unable to load forex charts and receiving the API error message which we are now all experiencing. The reply from Ninjatrader support was almost exactly word for word the same as above. They are currently looking into it and will follow up when the Development Team has resolved the problem. There has been no follow up on that thread. That was 61 days ago.

IB error code trying to set up forex chart - NinjaTrader Support Forum

Comment

Nothing?
            No updates??
            No hotfixes??
            Because this prevents connecting to IB data, we cannot do any trading.
            What are the IB users supposed to do??
            This is very disappointing...

Comment

Originally posted by waltFX View Post
              Nothing?
              No updates??
              No hotfixes??
              Because this prevents connecting to IB data, we cannot do any trading.
              What are the IB users supposed to do??
              This is very disappointing...
              Open a NT brokerage account? Obviously not an ideal solution, but you'll likely have a the new account open and trading before the IB fix is deployed. And it will work until the next time the IB <--> NT connection breaks, and maybe NT will have a change in strategy and decide not to support it any longer.

Last edited by backtester831; 03-21-2023, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Same here no IB Data at all sine this week, also using NT8.1.1.1 unable to trade live anymore only sim

Comment

Open a NT brokerage account? Obviously not an ideal solution, but you'll likely have a the new account open and trading before the IB fix is deployed. And it will work until the next time the IB <--> NT connection breaks, and maybe NT will have a change in strategy and decide not to support it any longer.
                  So, I already shelled out over 1000+ for a lifetime license (that is currently useless) and I'm now going to open an NT broker account so they can get more of my money??

I DON"T THINK SO!

Besides, I trade FOREX and AFIK NT only does futures...

NOTE: This is not the only "support" request I have open that nothing is being done about and NO ETA!

It seems that their idea of support is limited to finding answers in the docs and everything else is "being looked at by the development team".

Annoyed? YES!

Abandoning NT? Quite possibly.

Will post my experience on other trading sites? Most definitely!

Comment

Thank you all.

Our team has been made aware of the issue, and we are currently investigating it with the highest priority and urgency.

Rest assured that our team is working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We understand that this bug is causing a major inconvenience to you as users, and we want to assure you that we are taking the necessary steps to address it.

We will keep you updated on our progress and provide more information as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Comment

Thank you all.

Our team has been made aware of the issue, and we are currently investigating it with the highest priority and urgency.

Rest assured that our team is working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We understand that this bug is causing a major inconvenience to you as users, and we want to assure you that we are taking the necessary steps to address it.

We will keep you updated on our progress and provide more information as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
                      This problem should not be referred to as a "bug". This was a planned change which has been known about for at least 3 months. I have seen a statement from IBKR Client Services back in December on another forum stating that all FX pairs will be getting new fractional size rules. They were starting with AUDUSD at that time, but that in the near future, Forex pairs would be inaccessible via API to clients using libraries without decimal size support.

Ninjatrader Support was made aware of AUDUSD not working and receiving the API error message as far back as January 16, 2023. The response from Ninjatrader_Clayton on January 19, 2023 was that the error message was due to NT not supporting fractional size rules, but that the Development Team was aware of the issue and was working on it.

So you have known about this issue for more than 2 months and yet are now assuring us that this is a top priority. I believe we are due a better explanation.

IB error code trying to set up forex chart - NinjaTrader Support Forum

Comment

NinjaTrader_Sev has responded today with a temporary workaround to this problem.

see this thread : https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...nja-trader-api

I am able to receive live data from IB TWS again using NT8.0.27.1 and TWS10.19.1k with the API settings as described in that thread
                        Last edited by qewcool; 03-22-2023, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Hello qewcool,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, there is now a temporary workaround to this error by upgrading to TWS/Gateway 10.19.1k (from 10.19.1c).

As Sev mentioned: If anyone is trading forex, specifically AUDUSD, users will need to navigate to General Configuration → API → Settings and check the box labeled “Send Forex market data in compatibility mode in integer units.” This will resolve the issue for both historical and realtime AUDUSD data.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	153.6 KB ID:	1241979

Any further updates from our Development team will also be posted here.​
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Gaby; 03-22-2023, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Hello qewcool,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, there is now a temporary workaround to this error by upgrading to TWS/Gateway 10.19.1k (from 10.19.1c).

As Sev mentioned: If anyone is trading forex, specifically AUDUSD, users will need to navigate to General Configuration → API → Settings and check the box labeled “Send Forex market data in compatibility mode in integer units.” This will resolve the issue for both historical and realtime AUDUSD data.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	153.6 KB ID:	1241979

Any further updates from our Development team will also be posted here.​
                            I received a reply from Interactive Brokers yesterday recommending that I use this version of TWS and make sure that the box mentioned was ticked.

It turns out that this has been a known temporary fix to this problem for months. It is not something that has just been developed now.

It's too bad we were not made aware of this before when the problem was first noticed and reported back in January.

Comment

Originally posted by jama12 View Post

I received a reply from Interactive Brokers yesterday recommending that I use this version of TWS and make sure that the box mentioned was ticked.

It turns out that this has been a known temporary fix to this problem for months. It is not something that has just been developed now.

It's too bad we were not made aware of this before when the problem was first noticed and reported back in January.
                              NO Data from IB this morning.
                              Was working fine yesterday after the API upgrade as recommended above,
                              This morning unable to retrieve Forex or Stocks again

Anyone else ?

Comment

After yesterday's Gateway update, my IB Forex connection has been working fine...
                                Note: the IB gateway puts each version in a new directory and does NOT uninstall the old version...
                                Maybe you started the old one?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rocketman7  
                                Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                                2 responses