Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB error code trying to set up forex chart

I am using the latest version of TWS 10.20.1f and NT8 ver 8.0.27.1

2023-01-13 08:29:06:144 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=115 errorCode='10285' errorMessage='Your API version does not support fractional size rules. Please upgrade to a minimum version 163.'
    2023-01-13 08:29:06:144 ERROR: Received unknown error/warning: Your API version does not support fractional size rules. Please upgrade to a minimum version 163.

Hello diver,

Thank you for writing in.

When using an Interactive Brokers account to connect to NinjaTrader, you must use the version of Trader Workstation or IB Gateway that is specified within the NinjaTrader — Interactive Brokers Connection Guide seen below:
    • Please refer to the Connection Guide above for the Configuration settings of each
    • If you have another version of TWS or IB Gateway on the computer, I suggest uninstalling it first to remove confusion moving forward

Once you have the version of Trader Workstation or IB Gateway as specified above, connect to your account within TWS or IB Gateway.
    • After you are connected in TWS or IB Gateway, you are then able to connect to the account within NinjaTrader.
    Reopen NinjaTrader and connect to your Interactive Brokers account and test if the error message is still appearing.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
      Hello diver,

Thank you for writing in.

When using an Interactive Brokers account to connect to NinjaTrader, you must use the version of Trader Workstation or IB Gateway that is specified within the NinjaTrader — Interactive Brokers Connection Guide seen below:
      • Please refer to the Connection Guide above for the Configuration settings of each
      • If you have another version of TWS or IB Gateway on the computer, I suggest uninstalling it first to remove confusion moving forward

Once you have the version of Trader Workstation or IB Gateway as specified above, connect to your account within TWS or IB Gateway.
      • After you are connected in TWS or IB Gateway, you are then able to connect to the account within NinjaTrader.
      Reopen NinjaTrader and connect to your Interactive Brokers account and test if the error message is still appearing.

I get the same error message when using TWS 10.19.1c following the instructions you sent. Will not load a forex quote.

Comment

Hello diver,

Thank you for the message.

I would like to take a deeper look at your Log and Trace files to see what other information is appearing.

Please use the steps below to send us a message with your log and trace files attached so we may look into this behavior further:
        • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
        • Select: Platform Technical Support
        • Enter your email as we will respond to this
        • Enter the subject as: Clayton ATTN 03638554"
        • Include any additional information in the Body as desired
        • Ensure the "Log and trace files" box is checked
          • Send the email
        ​We look forward to your message and resolving your inquiry.

Comment

Hello diver,

Thank you for sending your files.

The error message you are receiving is a result of NinjaTrader not supporting Fractional Size Rules which is not supported within the required version of TWS.
          • Unfortunately, this is not something we will be able to resolve at this time.
          You could download a 2nd version of TWS to have the most recent version and use that version on its own to chart and trade those instruments.
          • Just remember to use the supported version of TWS when you want to connect to the account within NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello diver,

Thank you for sending your files.

The error message you are receiving is a result of NinjaTrader not supporting Fractional Size Rules which is not supported within the required version of TWS.
            • Unfortunately, this is not something we will be able to resolve at this time.
            You could download a 2nd version of TWS to have the most recent version and use that version on its own to chart and trade those instruments.
            • Just remember to use the supported version of TWS when you want to connect to the account within NinjaTrader.

Not sure I understand what that means exactly. I read it too but don't get it. What changed between versions of NT8 and TWS that now makes loading FX impossible. What is Fractional Size Rules in this context? Thanks.

Comment

Hello diver,

Thank you for the update.

Please check to see if you have your account enabled to trade Fractional Shares. If it is on/enabled, turn it off then disconnect and reconnect to the account within NinjaTrader.
              • Within the IB Client Portal > User Menu > Settings > Account Settings > Trading > Trade Permissions > Stocks then uncheck "Global (Trade in Fractions)
              • Now, disconnect the account from NinjaTrader and then reconnect to it
                • Does the error message continue?
              If the error message continues to appear, please use the following steps to test if the behavior continues after changing the Tick Size of the instrument:
              • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments > AUDUSD > Edit change tick size from 0.00001 to 0.0001
              • Click OK and test
                • Does the error message still appear?
              Please let us know if the behavior continues after the steps above.

Comment

Hello diver,

Thank you for the update.

Please check to see if you have your account enabled to trade Fractional Shares. If it is on/enabled, turn it off then disconnect and reconnect to the account within NinjaTrader.
                • Within the IB Client Portal > User Menu > Settings > Account Settings > Trading > Trade Permissions > Stocks then uncheck "Global (Trade in Fractions)
                • Now, disconnect the account from NinjaTrader and then reconnect to it
                  • Does the error message continue?
                If the error message continues to appear, please use the following steps to test if the behavior continues after changing the Tick Size of the instrument:
                • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments > AUDUSD > Edit change tick size from 0.00001 to 0.0001
                • Click OK and test
                  • Does the error message still appear?
                Please let us know if the behavior continues after the steps above.

Hi Clayton, Followed all your recommendations, tried every combination possible. Still can't get Forex to work. Not at all sure why. The fractional shares is only for stocks and is off by default. I changed the tick sizes around and around. Anyway, I have it working just no forex. So at least I have something. If you have any other ideas let me know and I'll try them. Am I the only one having a problem with forex charts? Thanks.

Comment

Hello diver,

We have reported this to our Development Team and they are currently looking into this further. I will post a follow up once I have confirmation this has been resolved.

Thank you for your patience.​
                  Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                    Hello diver,

We have reported this to our Development Team and they are currently looking into this further. I will post a follow up once I have confirmation this has been resolved.

Thank you for your patience.​
                    Thank you.

Comment

I have been using IB Forex with no issues by using the Gateway v9.81...
                      No issues with charts or trading...
                      Note: you must make sure that the ports match on both NT & IB Gateway.

Comment

Originally posted by waltFX View Post
                        I have been using IB Forex with no issues by using the Gateway v9.81...
                        No issues with charts or trading...
                        Note: you must make sure that the ports match on both NT & IB Gateway.
                        Are you using TWS or a gateway? You can't use both at the same time.

Comment

Just Gateway, if I use NT .

But I have also used TWS (not much) with or without NT.

>> you should not install two different versions of IB on the same station.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post AaronKoRn  
                          Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post carnitron