Cant get data from IB TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waltFX View Post
    After yesterday's Gateway update, my IB Forex connection has been working fine...
    Note: the IB gateway puts each version in a new directory and does NOT uninstall the old version...
    Maybe you started the old one?
    Thanks its worked again after restart.

Comment

For me 10.19.1c does NOT have the factional error message. The NT recommended version 10.19.1k does print a couple errors when loading historical data for US stocks.
      I actually came to recommend people use 10.19.1c, but upon reading fully I see posts saying 1c still gives them the error. Maybe it's a FOREX issue, I don't trade FOREX so can't attest to that. It's possible if streaming data during a live session there could be hundreds of errors writing to the log every second. Since it's sunday I can't test this yet.

For stock traders I'd say try the 1c version if you are seeing the error. I don't like the idea of my disk constantly rewriting a log file that is ballooning in size rapidly due to these error messages.

1c does not have the compatibility option for integer sizes so I assume it's before all this fractional stuff was implemented fully. Since NT doesn't support fractional sizes I wonder if it's wrong for them to say 1k is the recommended version. If these messages don't affect trading then maybe they could be ignored by NT in a future update, save all the unnecessary writing to the log file.

[Removed stuff about NT8 loading historical several times slower than NT7. Seems I've got it working well now using the same install that was previously slow. No clue what fixed it]
      Last edited by anon84; 03-27-2023, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I also have the same problem with NT 8.1.1.3 and TWS 10.19.1k. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work. Charts are sometimes stuck with "Loading" and no data (futures and stocks) ticking in. Log keeps adding new rows of "API version does not support fractional share size rules".

Comment

Hello Hiromichi,

Thank you for your post.

If you are still experiencing this error on 10.19.1k, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Case Number: 03801941​
          Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid  
          Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes