Cant get data from IB TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant get data from IB TWS

I connected to IB TWS and cant seem get live data from IB TWS today ?

has something changed ? it was working fine friday last week

I am using NT8.0.27.1 with TWS 10.16.1k

In the NT logs I got a message I never saw before : "Received unknown error/warning: Your API version does not support fractional size rules. Please upgrade to a minimum version 163."

Do I have to upgrade the TWS version ? if yes do you have a link to the supported TWS version ?

Thanks

You can download the current TWS version at https://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...-platforms.php.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

ok I updated to IB TWS 10.19.1c but I am still getting that error message in the NT logs :

"Received unknown error/warning: Your API version does not support fractional size rules. Please upgrade to a minimum version 163."

and also still not getting live data in NT8 : a few charts are stuck on "loading" and the rest are with the past data and not updating with live data
      Last edited by qewcool; 03-19-2023, 06:43 PM.

Comment

I have the same issue with the "IB GATEWAY" and I have just installed the latest gateway AND the latest NT version!
        NOTE: I was surprised that there was NO notification a new gateway requirement OR that there was no notification of a new NT version...

NOW my system is unusable and I am very disappointed that no one at NT bothered to give a "heads-up".

Walt (lifetime license since 2017)

Comment

found this : https://groups.io/g/twsapi/message/50522

looks like IB updated their TWS API and NT8 is not using the right TWS API anymore ?

it would fit the new error message I am seeing : "Received unknown error/warning: Your API version does not support fractional size rules. Please upgrade to a minimum version 163."

anybody else having problems getting live data using NT8 and IB TWS ?

Comment

Originally posted by waltFX View Post
            I have the same issue with the "IB GATEWAY" and I have just installed the latest gateway AND the latest NT version!
            NOTE: I was surprised that there was NO notification a new gateway requirement OR that there was no notification of a new NT version...

NOW my system is unusable and I am very disappointed that no one at NT bothered to give a "heads-up".

Walt (lifetime license since 2017)

ok at least i am not alone in this.

yes looks like NT8 needs to upgrade to a new IB TWS and Gateway API and they didnt yet.

do you get this error message in your NT logs : "Received unknown error/warning: Your API version does not support fractional size rules. Please upgrade to a minimum version 163."

Comment

Yes, I'm getting the same "fractional size" API message... FX data
              Last edited by waltFX; 03-20-2023, 04:07 AM.

Comment

I also am unable to receive any live data from IB TWS as of yesterday and am receiving the error message: "Your API version does not support fractional size rules. Please upgrade to a minimum version 163." Everything was working fine on Friday.

I upgraded to NT 8.1.1.1 and IB TWS 10.19.1c but still have the same problem.

I first saw this error message a few weeks ago when trying to open a chart for AUDUSD. The error would appear and no data would load, but all other FX pairs worked fine. Now it seems to be affecting everything.

Comment

Same issue here with 8.1.1.1 and IBKR Gateway API 10.19c. Also managed to lose all NT connections and ability to add connections when tried to reinstall NT.

Comment

Also see here: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...to-load-audusd

Thanks.
                    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                    jeronymite
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
                      thanks for linking.

I guess IB applied the API change to everything during the weekend when they do their system maintenance. not just the audusd fx pair.

But my understanding of the problem differs from yours.

The API is the "Application Programming Interface" that runs on the IB TWS/Gateway and allows 3rd-party software (like NT8) to make calls to the IB TWS/Gateway to do various things like get the bid, ask, volume or send buy sell orders to the IB TWS/Gateway. If IB modifies the API and for example, the format of the calls that the new API accepts changes, then the 3rd-party software (ie NT8) has to change the format of the calls it makes, via the API, to the IB TWS/Gateway.

So from that, I understood that the software changes has to be done on NT8 side to use the new API with which it is interfacing to talk to the IB TWS/Gateway.

hopefully an NT support rep will chime in on whether we need a TWS/Gateway update or an NT8 update.

Comment

Originally posted by fuusio View Post
                        Same issue here with 8.1.1.1 and IBKR Gateway API 10.19c. Also managed to lose all NT connections and ability to add connections when tried to reinstall NT.
                        how did you lose your connections setup ? usually they carry over when installing a new NT8 version

did you uninstall NT8.0.27.1 first then install fresh NT8.1.1.1 ?

Comment

It seems like this may require a new build of NinjaTrader to support the new TWS API version.
                          Bruce DeVault
                          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by qewcool View Post

how did you lose your connections setup ? usually they carry over when installing a new NT8 version

did you uninstall NT8.0.27.1 first then install fresh NT8.1.1.1 ?
                            I didn't uninstall NT8.0.28 before installing the new 8.1.1.1 version. Perhaps I should've done that. The installation apparently cleared out the multiprovider setting. I ticked the box and connections became visible again. However, there still seem to be issues in updating charts. Realtime data works (FDXM futures) but historical data is partly updating on charts and some charts are not updating at all. IBKR Index CFDs are not working at all.

Comment

Does anybody have an update regarding a solution to this problem? I sent a support request 24 hours ago and have not yet received a reply.

I would imagine this must be affecting everyone who uses Interactive Brokers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post q0t6p5
                              by q0t6p5

Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes