Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Undocumented/Unsupported Ninja Tips and Tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raises hand.

Originally posted by r2kTrader View Post
    Dave,

Glad to hear it. Does anyone else support this motion? I will get started if I see some more hands raised.

EDIT:

I'm looking at:
    A leading Enterprise 2.0 collaboration platform with 400+ extensions, used by 50,000 businesses, maintained by an active open source community for 10+ years.

Any other suggestions are welcomed. I don't want to flood this thread, let's keep it clean and start a new thread to discuss the wiki if interest is shown.
    Doxygen looks not very easy in terms of installing, using, updating, and there don't seem many plugins/features. Twiki has at least syntax highlighting, which makes C# code easier to read. Through the WikiMatrix Choice Wizard I found Wikka, which seems quite good.

Regards,

Comment

BUKKAN,

this only works if the dll is a .NET assembly... If it's anything other... this app won't work

dmk

Comment

here's another one for the list ... basically, it's how to read the config file (example given is to extract vendor-licensing info, but could probably be adapted for other purposes):

cheers,
        -e

Comment

Originally posted by J_o_s View Post
          Raises hand.

Doxygen looks not very easy in terms of installing, using, updating, and there don't seem many plugins/features. Twiki has at least syntax highlighting, which makes C# code easier to read. Through the WikiMatrix Choice Wizard I found Wikka, which seems quite good.

Regards,
          Tx for the homework. I prefer LAMP architecture. Does your suggested support said?

Comment

Tx for the homework. I prefer LAMP architecture. Does your suggested support said?
            Hi r2kTrader,

What do you mean with "does your suggested support said"?

Regards,

Comment

I come across this charttrader strategy today.

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Comment

Help with this MySql connector error...

I just downloaded the MySql Connector.NET 6.2.3, and I have "using MySql.Data.MySqlClient;" in my declarations. I F5 it, and it compiles fine, I reload the chart, and I get this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                AssemblyResolveEvent handlers cannot return Assemblies loaded for reflection only.

Any ideas why?
                Thanks

Comment

Is there any way to know order execution happening from anywhere in Ninja Trader

Hi,
                  I am wondering is there any way to track order executions of all the orders in Ninja.

e.g. In any particular strategy, OnOrderExcecution method gets called after each strategy generated order execution.

Is there any class, method from which we can track order generated from any strategy or Ninja Chart Trader or DOM.

Comment

Unfortunately not rahulkalgunde. A NinjaScript strategy can only track orders and executions pertaining to that strategy instance.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

came across this little gem today:

discusses how to use Variable0-Variable9 in strategies, specifically to address backtesting/historical order entry to make your market orders use best-bid/best-ask instead of the close.

cheers,
                      -e

Comment

Originally posted by funk101 View Post
                        I just downloaded the MySql Connector.NET 6.2.3, and I have "using MySql.Data.MySqlClient;" in my declarations. I F5 it, and it compiles fine, I reload the chart, and I get this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                        AssemblyResolveEvent handlers cannot return Assemblies loaded for reflection only.

Any ideas why?
                        Thanks
                        do you have it listed in references? right-click in the NS Editor window and select references and make sure it's listed. hope that helps.

cheers,
                        -e

Comment

r2kTrader - have you considered trac?

cheers,
                          -e

Comment

Originally posted by e-man View Post
                            r2kTrader - have you considered trac?

cheers,
                            -e
                            I would love to help with this and their philosophy seems pretty spot on...simple interface would seem best as we aren't all actually building the same software. We just really need a simple "table of contents" for various things like custom drawing, order handling, ect....
                            Like I would love to be able to just check out every piece of undocumented code people have done for custom plotting...and then cherry pick vs getting too specific.
                            I've asked for an "undocumented" section to this forum to be added in the past but in retrospect that does seem rather unreasonable and just bad business from ninjas end.
                            The can of worms I could see though is how you link users who would be unaware of this project as obviously you can't expect the ninja guys to point customers there, especially considering the partnerships that already exist for commercial custom coding.
                            On the other hand though it would be value added for both Ninja as a company and the programmer who is going to figure it out themselves or find another solution..
                            I haven't logged in since march, had given up on the beta and just wanted to wait for it to get more mature..then see how things stood. I'm loving the latest version and this kind of project realy fires me up.
                            Lets get down to business, i'm ready to scrape
                            Last edited by darthtrader; 08-31-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

as they say in the movie: "if you build it ... they will come"

cheers,
                              -e

Comment

Originally posted by e-man View Post
                                as they say in the movie: "if you build it ... they will come"

cheers,
                                -e
                                On the other hand I haven't seen a Kevin Costner movie since "Tin Cup" in 1996...yet he still makes movies according to IMDB...
                                Maybe we should get some PM's going...5 people can receive the same PM...like I think it would be more informative to see what a real project looks like in trac vs something else as opposed to a list of features in the abstract. Obviously need a project leader, so if r2kTrader still wants to do this he is the man..if not its all you e-man..I'm not experienced enough and just want to be a worker bee.
                                Last edited by darthtrader; 08-31-2010, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by dtl-saw, 12-29-2022, 09:12 AM
                                46 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post sonia0101  
                                Started by AlphaOptions, 06-18-2013, 08:24 AM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred