Ameritrade to Schwab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ameritrade to Schwab

will the TD Ameritrade trading functionality currently part of Ninjatrader be available when Schwab formally moves all clients to the Schwab echosystem?
    currently I can get real time data and trade stocks on my TD Ameritrade account using Ninjatrader.
    In 2023 Schwab is moving all TD accounts to Schwab and I'm concerned about losing my trading from the charts ability with Ninja.

Hello dtl-saw,

Thank you for the post!

We do not anticipate anything to change on our end. Please note that TD Ameritrade or Schwab would likely be the better party to contact to ensure that nothing will change on their side. Please direct the question to either TD Ameritrade or Schwab and ask if you will still be able to connect your account to NinjaTrader.

Thank you in advance.​
    Alaura Q.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I'd like NinjaTrader to reconsider the last response given information on TD Ameritrade's "Trader API Schwab Integration Guide Page", https://developer.tdameritrade.com/c...egration-guide. Does NinjaTrader use the same retail developer API referenced on that page, or is there another integration that is expected to be stable through the TD to Schwab migration? Is NinjaTrader planning to offer uninterrupted access to TD/Schwab during and after Schwab's migration?

For reference, TD states on their integration guide page,

What will happen with the current API?

​Once an account is moved to Charles Schwab brokerage, such account will no longer be able to authenticate into the TD Ameritrade API. These migrated accounts would need to authenticate into the new Schwab Trader API endpoints once they become available.

What will be changing?

​Some of the changes specifically for the Schwab API program will include the following:
      • A new Schwab Developer Portal account and application registration will be required when the Schwab Developer Portal is live
      • Updated token-based authentication flow
      • API endpoint resource URL changes (e.g., TDA to Schwab domain)
      • Saved Orders and Watchlist endpoints will not be available

Comment

Hello tactevo,

Thank you for your post.

We recommend that you reach out to TD Ameritrade for more information on how long the API will be supported. Please let us know if you have additional questions!
        Alaura Q.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did reach out to TD Ameritrade who told me that once a TD Ameritrade account has been migrated to Scwab, that account will no longer be able to access to legacy TD Ameritrade API, which I assume NinjaTrader is using. There is a NEW API that will be offered for Schwab migrated accounts. It will be similar to the TD API but will have a few changes (as I mentioned in the post earlier).

TD said they are migrating all TD Ameritrade accounts over to Schwab this year in batches every 3 months. TD Ameritrade customers will get a 3 month warning that their account will be migrated.

This means that ALL NinjaTrader customers will lose access to TD Ameritrade sometime this year, UNLESS the NinjaTrader development team updates their TD Ameritrade connector implementation to use the new and updated Schwab API.

Please ask your development team to consider this. If you want to keep customers who are using TD Ameritrade accounts today, we'll need work on your side. Otherwise, we'll all be out of luck.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

We have confirmed with TDA/Shwab that he connection API in NinjaTrader will not change.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
            Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Dennis Would you be able to further clarify, please?

It's possible to interpret this as:
              • "TDA/Schwab Accounts will continue to be fully usable as normal after all Account migrations" or
              • "The current API in NinjaTrader will not be updated to the new API and existing TDA Accounts will cease to function when the API changes occur at TDA/Schwab".
              Thanks.
              Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
              jeronymite
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

"TDA/Schwab Accounts will continue to be fully usable as normal after all Account migrations"

After the migration, if you see any differences please reach out!
                Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Just received today an email from TD Ameritrade and there seem to be some changes between the TD Ameritrade API and the new Charles Schwab's Trader API (please see below an excerpt from the email listing some of the changes).

Could you please confirm that the NinjaTrader development team is looking into these differences, so the new Schwab integration would work similarly to the existing TDA connection today?

Thanks,
                  Cristian

Whatʹs changing
                  Most, but not all, API endpoints will be available in the new developer portal—some will be updated to help provide a better user experience.
                  Since the token-based authentication flow will change to adapt to different requirements, you'll need to rebuild with Charles Schwab's Trader API authentication flow to be compatible with Schwab brokerage accounts.
                  Initially, Saved Orders and Watchlist API capabilities will not be available.
                  The API technology may look a little different—for example, field names, URLs, and other things may change.

Comment

Hello cotigac978,

NinjaTrader will be using the existing TD Ameritrade API (which from my understanding is not the charles schwab API).

Our development has contacted TD Ameritrade, and confirmed that the connection for the TDA API will not change.

At this time, we are seeing TDA connections are still able to connect.

If this is incorrect and you are not able to connect, please let me know and I will immediately get a ticket going with our development.
                    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Forgive me if this comes across as a little redundant, but I'd like to get some clarification on this topic.
                      By the end of 2023, **ALL** TD Ameritrade accounts will be migrated to Charles Schwab.
                      Will we be able to use NinjaTrader to:
                      (1) connect to the new Schwab accounts and use them as live data feeds,
                      (2) place trades with NinjaTrader automated strategies,
                      (3) and if so, which kind of instruments will we be able to trade?

Comment

Hello pbailey19,

Please contact TD Ameritrade and inquire if all Schwab accounts will be using the existing TD Ameritrade API. Please let me know what they say.
                        Through the TD Ameritrade API, NinjaScript Strategies are able to place orders to Equity instruments.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB said
                          Please contact TD Ameritrade and inquire if all Schwab accounts will be using the existing TD Ameritrade API. Please let me know what they say.
                          ... ... ummmmm ... isn't that what NinjaTrader Support is for? Shouldn't NinjaTrader Support be doing the interfacing with its business partners and advising its customers? ... not asking its customers to do that and advise them???

Thanks.
                          Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                          jeronymite
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

My TD Ameritrade account migrated to Schwab over the weekend...my TD Ameritrade connection no longer works? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Comment

Hello woodyfox,

Our development is aware some users are being ported to the Charles Swab API and are currently working on a connection adapter.

We appreciate your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Massinisa  
                              Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                              0 responses