Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is Ninja trader able to be used with Schwab after TDA to Schwab change-over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Ninja trader able to be used with Schwab after TDA to Schwab change-over?

I'm on NT version 8.1.1.7. Today my account was transferred over from TDA to Schwab and I'm unable to authorize NT8 via Schwab, using the method where you delete the TDA connect link in the NT8 platform, then add it again and then authorize that connection using the authorize button. Hitting the authorize button just takes me to the old TDA authorize web page first, which then changes over to the Schwab log-in page. No authorization seems possible from there. Is NT8 usable with Schwab? Is there another process to make the Schwab API connection? Sorry if this was covered in another thread. I couldn't find any direct references to this.
    Thanks

Hello bortz,

Thank you for posting.

TD Ameritrade accounts that have moved to Schwab are currently unable to connect due to a change in TDA/Schwab’s API integration. We have contacted TDA/Schwab and they have let us know they are currently working on a new API that they will share with us once it is available, which will allow our development team to build and test a new connection adapter.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a workaround or expected timeline for this solution.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.​
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 11-06-2023, 08:40 AM.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Christopher. Maybe you should take down your current web page showing a TDA connection guide, since it no longer applies to anything TDA/Schwab. Maybe a forum sticky would be a good idea since many of us long time NT lifetime licensees have to sit on our hands indefinitely, with no apology for the inconvenience of not having access to our Schwab data feeds, which some of us day traders who rely on said feed are now not able to day trade off of, which in essence makes the NT8 $1000+ platform temporarily useless and keeps our IBK brokerage funds locked up indefinitely as well, as a side effect. Nice seamless TDA/Schwab/NT8 change-over from all parties concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
        Hello bortz,

Thank you for posting.

TD Ameritrade accounts that have moved to Schwab are currently unable to connect due to a change in TDA/Schwab’s API integration. We have contacted TDA/Schwab and they have let us know they are currently working on a new API that they will share with us once it is available, which will allow our development team to build and test a new connection adapter.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a workaround or expected timeline for this solution.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.​
        Thank you, will wait for further updates!

Comment

That's a "no".
          Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Contacted Schwab and they said I needed to talk to their tech dept. The phone # is1-877-519-1403 They open at 8AM EST. Maybe if enough of us call, we'll get some movement on this.

Comment

I think you are misunderstanding the dynamics here. According to their web page, Schwab has 34.5 million funded trading accounts. I don't think they'll be swayed in their determination of their development priorities by some forum readers of NinjaTrader calling. But, it's worth a try, I suppose. Sometimes even one person can make a difference - it's true.
              Bruce DeVault
              QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

...and if nobody calls they'll never know this should be a bit of a priority and it may stay on the back burner indefinitely. I doubt NT is pushing anyone to get anything done. 2 years of account transfers and still no adapter API point to that fact. I'm cheap Bruce- the only reason I bought NT years ago, was because I could get a free live data stream via NT and TDA with IBKR as my main broker. Now, Schwab and NT have put the kibosh on my trading with no alternative but to pay 45/mo. for an IBKR feed that doesn't even offer non laggy up to the minute data feed, unless using TWS.

Comment

And here's another puzzling question- Since the old API worked right up until the last TDA account holders were migrated over to Schwab, why didn't they just leave the old log in process and API in place since it still worked perfectly, (until a new API adapter was developed and functional)? That looks like there's no intention of helping out NT mgt. or it's users...

Comment

FWIW, my account migration was put on hold and I am still going against TDA successfully. Not sure if this is b/c I already have Schwab accounts too.

Comment

Is there some official word from TDA/Schwab/NT8 about what the migration plan is here? I obviously want to avoid being down for some indeterminate, possibly long, maybe forever amount of time against TDA/Schwab. It's fine to wait for the new API, but the old one really needs to keep working until we have the new one.
                      Last edited by carnitron; 11-10-2023, 11:40 AM.

Comment

It's actually possible to still open a new TD account and it said on their website new accounts will be transferred sometime in 2024. I saw that on the last day when my TD account got transferred to Schwab. Maybe a stop gap measure to buy some time would be to open another account with TD and transfer everything back until they fix it? I don't have an immediate screen grab, but I promise, I read all of that on TD and Schwab web sites.

I agree the old API should be working if a new one isn't available, and I wouldn't think that would be an unreasonable ask. Ironically enough, Schwab had said that TD was still "admin" of ToS, so maybe that is where the support for this issue needs to come from, too.

Comment

This is very frustrating to not have the ameritrade connection working.

is anyone able to get it to connect?

Comment

The timeline for a new API is sometime in 2024, so there is hope if you have the patience to wait it out.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
                              I suppose. Sometimes even one person can make a difference - it's true.
                              That is the real point, and that one person is NinjaTrader_Ray to push this NT/TDA API through. The only time when things of major interest get done, from what I have seen on NexusFi forum, is when he steps in.

Having TOS as their jack-of-all-trades data source (futures, equities, options, forex), Schwab may no longer have the incentives to even develop an API for NT. Seems like the ball is in NinjaTrader court to actively push for this API to protect their interests and prevent the migration of the API userer to Schwab with free data. From what I have seen so far the NT response, with almost two years of advanced notice, has been close to passive.

Cheers!​
                              Last edited by aligator; 11-16-2023, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
                              44 responses
                              3 likes
                              Last Post jhudas88  
                              Started by rbeckmann05, Today, 06:48 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rbeckmann05