Every time I have to login to open NT8 on my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
    It isn't clear that they want this or agree this would be better.
    How could it not be better.
    Last edited by dj22522; 06-04-2023, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Apologies to the OP for the intrusion.

Perhaps I should start a separate thread about this and then NT support can reply to individual users posts that ask for their vote to be added for a dedicated voting section
      Last edited by dj22522; 06-04-2023, 12:55 PM.

Comment

dj22522 then everyone would see how many votes every feature request has. They don't want that. They implements changes based on their decisions and not on how many votes it has. There are threads with requests from 2015 till today with dozens of votes and they just don't care. And it's not like those features require months of developments, some can be done in 1-2 days but they don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeroy_Jenkins View Post
          dj22522 then everyone would see how many votes every feature request has. They don't want that. They implements changes based on their decisions and not on how many votes it has. There are threads with requests from 2015 till today with dozens of votes and they just don't care. And it's not like those features require months of developments, some can be done in 1-2 days but they don't care.
          I agree hence when I said if NT were ever serious about a feature request voting procedure. It's their prerogative but they say their decision to implement a suggestion is, to what ever extent, based on number of votes.

If they were serious about this feature request voting procedure wouldn't they organize a better way of doing this. (?)

At least let users see the vote count and stay abreast of what's being voted on.

As I mentioned, having to happen across a thread where a vote is being mentioned and post individually to be added is ridiculous and I suggest the reason for doing so to keep things as they are.

Someone somewhere in history must have said:
          "There has to be a better way"

Just my 2 pennies worth.
          Last edited by dj22522; 06-04-2023, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dj22522 View Post
            Just thinking out loud.

This way it's easy for users to see what topics are up for voting on, how long the topic's been outstanding and what the vote count is.

Just my thoughts.
            This platform would have taken a completely different direction had end-users actually had a say... As it stands, NT is engaged in theatre to calm the temporary uprisings with "hopeium" that you'll be listened to... I'll just bet that "Charts saving with tabs" would have been WAY WAY WAY up on the list but that means management would actually have to listen and dedicate resources to what their end-users want and need... It's MUCH easier to go this route...

Comment

Originally posted by brenthilburn View Post

This platform would have taken a completely different direction had end-users actually had a say... As it stands, NT is engaged in theatre to calm the temporary uprisings with "hopeium" that you'll be listened to... I'll just bet that "Charts saving with tabs" would have been WAY WAY WAY up on the list but that means management would actually have to listen and dedicate resources to what their end-users want and need... It's MUCH easier to go this route...
              I agree.

To avoid interfering with this thread more than I already have (apologies) and give us members/clients a better way of discussing this topic and for NT support to better hear our voices I've created a dedicated thread:-

Requesting NT to reformat their "I have added your vote to this feature request" voting procedure. As it stands members have to post in any particular thread asking for their vote to be added to the feature request being discussed. This assumes the member happens to come across and read through a thread where a

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
                Hello Uhumm,

Thanks for your post.

We are tracking interest in an existing internal feature request ticket to have NinjaTrader remember your credentials so they do not need to be entered in each time NinjaTrader is opened and I have added your vote.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-5780.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​
                Add my vote too please.

Comment

Hello Trader17,

Thanks for your note.

I have added your vote to this feature request.
                  Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO ENTER MY PASSWORD EVERY TIME TO START NINJA TRADER!!!!!!!!!

You just added extra steps to use your platform, which is the last thing you should do. At least give us the option to choose to save the password and we can decide for ourselves, just like every other trading platform out there (ToS, DAS, Lightning, Etrade, etc).

This is ridiculous.

Comment

I'm still using 8.0.26.0 and 8.0.28.0, but when testing 8.1.x.x. I have to add my password every time just to use the platform.

Please add my vote to have NinjaTrader remember my credentials if I desire to. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your notes.

Your votes have been added to this feature request.
                        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add my vote also.

Comment

6 pages on this thread (so far) and all we get is the same ​canned response...

​​​Click image for larger version

Name:	2d574039e37e94eeef7d4b67b269390688507a91.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1255286

Comment

Add my vote in support of not entering credentials.

Comment

Please add my vote to not have to enter credentials every time NT starts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post CactusMan  
                                Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post giulyko00