Every time I have to login to open NT8 on my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every time I have to login to open NT8 on my computer

Every time when I open the NT8, I have to log in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1353
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1242844

Yes, welcome to the club. There have been a multitude of threads about this in which users have requested the ability to "remember me and keep me signed in".
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by BobyGill View Post
      Every time when I open the NT8, I have to log in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1353
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1242844
      This is really tiring and upsetting to fill this to use NinjaTrader.

And more upsetting than this is that why should NinjaTrader out of no where and without any prior announcements change everything in a way that it's been 1.5 month that the platform has serious issues and has halted my trading for this.

I really like NinjaTrader and it's my preferred choice between all these platforms out there and wish it very soon become stable and reliable again.

Comment

Hello Uhumm,

Thanks for your post.

We are tracking interest in an existing internal feature request ticket to have NinjaTrader remember your credentials so they do not need to be entered in each time NinjaTrader is opened and I have added your vote.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-5780.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_BrandonH What you tracking interest in a feature you took away. Sort this **** out, NT is not the most stable platform at the best of times, now I must complete a Captcha ever time to login, sort this crap out FFS

Comment

Hello BigRol00,

Thanks for your note.

This was added to NinjaTrader for security purposes and we are tracking interest in adding the feature of remembering the username and password credentials so that it may be implemented in a future release of the platform. Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
            • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
            • Feasibility
            • Security
            • Developer bandwidth
            • Current projects in the queue
            • Economics
            You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.​

Comment

#Ninjatrader_BrandonH this was not added as a security feature (see what your fearless leader had to say on the matter over on Futures.io). Stop it.
              So sick and tired of this sort of disingenuous boilerplate response - false ‘justification’ for ill-considered change followed by hollow ‘we’re listening but…’ yada yada yada.
              Insulting. Stop it

Comment

I vote for this feature--seems incredibly obvious. TOS, where people trade incredibly larger dollar amounts has this feature, so no idea why NT wouldn't. This is one of the reasons I haven't upgraded yet to 8.1 and I imagine there are a lot of others in the same thought process as myself (all the traders I talk with daily haven't upgraded and this is one of the reasons).

Comment

Where can I see all the unimplemented feature requests along with the respective votes for implementation? Thank you.

Comment

poeds you can't - not publicly available (it's been requested before - may even be a Feature Request with a ticket number, if so you should be re-assured to know it may be implemented in a future release of the platform. Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                    • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                    • Feasibility
                    • Security
                    • Developer bandwidth
                    • Current projects in the queue
                    • Economics
                    You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented)

KR​

Comment

Hello Jack22 and poeds,

Thanks for your notes.

Jack22, I have added your vote to this feature request.

poeds, feature requests a not able to be viewed publicly at this time. We are tracking interest for adding a public 'vote board' that keeps track of all feature request suggestions. I have added your vote to this feature request. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-5415.

Once the feature is implemented the new feature will be seen in the release notes section of the help guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Cant NT respond to face recognition or fingerprint? Or run in SIM with no login required so the data is all up to date and then live ac is activated on biometrics.
                        I cant upgrade without getting that login thing can I?

Comment

Hello poeds,

Thanks for your note.

At the moment you would need to log in to NinjaTrader each time the application is open.

Our Developers are tracking interest in a feature request for automatically saving your username and password so that you are able to login automatically without re-entering your credentials. I have added your vote to this feature request.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
                            Our Developers are tracking interest in a feature request for automatically saving your username and password so that you are able to login automatically without re-entering your credentials. I have added your vote to this feature request.
                            NinjaTrader_BrandonH I mean no disrespect, but you have got to be kidding - this isn't a new functionality. We have ALWAYS for about two decades been able to start NinjaTrader without putting in a username and password until March 4, 2023 when that functionality was removed to an extraordinary amount of upset in the user community. You're "tracking interest in a feature request"? Seriously?
                            Bruce DeVault
                            QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

+1

Please add my vote.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                              1 response