Every time I have to login to open NT8 on my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add my vote too.
    I hope that I soon can update to 8.1.xxx, after save password and auto-login will be available.

Thank you!

Comment

Add my vote too. I have one workstation used primarily for memory-intensive optimization runs, and due to the garbage collection issue in the app, I have to close and reopen NT often. Having to log in every time makes it sting a little more. Or just have the app clean the garbage from RAM when logs in the strategy analyzer are deleted as they are no longer viewable and therefore should not exist in memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategery View Post
        Add my vote too. I have one workstation used primarily for memory-intensive optimization runs, and due to the garbage collection issue in the app, I have to close and reopen NT often. Having to log in every time makes it sting a little more. Or just have the app clean the garbage from RAM when logs in the strategy analyzer are deleted as they are no longer viewable and therefore should not exist in memory.
        Not to change the subject, but have you tried manually enforcing garbage collection? I used to have to do this in previous versions of NT8 (early betas) before they cleaned up some things. You can do this if you want to. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/do...ramework-4.8.1. Manually running garbage collection is considered in poor form. But, if you are having such a severe problem that you're having to terminate the app, you might be able to hold your nose while you do this at the end of every nth iteration or whatever.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

I did a little research on garbage collection a while back but everything I found was as if I was writing an app.
          I will have a look at the link you provided and give it a shot. I appreciate the info!

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
          Not to change the subject, but have you tried manually enforcing garbage collection? I used to have to do this in previous versions of NT8 (early betas) before they cleaned up some things. You can do this if you want to. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/do...ramework-4.8.1. Manually running garbage collection is considered in poor form. But, if you are having such a severe problem that you're having to terminate the app, you might be able to hold your nose while you do this at the end of every nth iteration or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategery View Post
            I did a little research on garbage collection a while back but everything I found was as if I was writing an app.
            I will have a look at the link you provided and give it a shot. I appreciate the info!
            Interestingly enough, when NinjaTrader compiles and references together the custom and vendor assemblies, they're all one app from this perspective. So, when you do GC.Collect() it's on behalf of the app you're a part of, and what you do affects the platform core as well as every other assembly that might be loaded into the app.
            Bruce DeVault

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
              We are tracking interest in an existing internal feature request ticket to have NinjaTrader remember your credentials so they do not need to be entered in each time NinjaTrader is opened and I have added your vote.
              Which in other words means. You never will hear about this again.
              Look in this forum.. we got countless feature requests which are highly voted for and some dating back to 2016 or even earlier
              Then look at the release notes of the last few years and see how many user requests got implemented.
              Seriously, I love NinjaTrader but your customer & vendor support, development cycle, and release management are a joke
              It seems like NinjaTrader's prime focus these days is on onboarding new users instead of improving and extending their trading platforms

EB Worx
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Comment

Always worth highlighting history to re-emphasise what the user community needs to really understand, much to the shame of NinjaTrader Management:If you thought 2016 was bad, try 2007 for some!

Adjust your expectations accordingly!

Thanks.
                Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                jeronymite
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

The bottom line here is that the developers are doing what management tells them to do. It seems vanishingly unlikely that management is even fully aware of these ad-hoc "votes," nor if they were, would they be considered "important." And I can understand perfectly why not, even if it is frustrating.
                  Bruce DeVault

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
                    The bottom line here is that the developers are doing what management tells them to do. It seems vanishingly unlikely that management is even fully aware of these ad-hoc "votes," nor if they were, would they be considered "important." And I can understand perfectly why not, even if it is frustrating.
                    History has shown us time & time again that when a company stops listening to its customers, then it won't take long before a new startup will arise and take over their place
                    So if NinjaTrader does not improve then it's just a matter of time before another trading platform takes over which does care about its users & vendors
                    EB Worx
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Comment

Hello Armin and Strategery,

Thanks for your posts.

I have added your votes to the feature request.
                      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add my vote to SFT-5780 (save password & auto-login option)

Comment

Hello Heart,

Thanks for your note.

I added your vote to this feature request.
                          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just thinking out loud.

If NT were ever serious about a feature request votes they would have a dedicated section on the forum (it's own listing in other words). For example "User Votes".

In this section there would be a separate thread dedicated for each request/voting topic that was made in the coarse of a discussion in other threads.

Like Sticky threads only NT support could create but users could click a button "Add Vote".
                            Nobody would need to post, just click the Add Vote button. Registered users only and only one vote per user name.

This way it's easy for users to see what topics are up for voting on, how long the topic's been outstanding and what the vote count is.

As it stands users have to go through this ridiculous process of making an individual post asking for their vote to be added, assuming of coarse they happen to come across and read through the thread where a vote was being mentioned. Also NT support then waste their valuable time having to reply to each individual post with " Thank you for your post your vote has been added" every time a user asks. Doing this is beyond ridiculous.

Just my thoughts.
                            Last edited by dj22522; 06-04-2023, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dj22522 View Post
                              ... This way it's easy for users to see what topics are up for voting on, how long the topic's been outstanding and what the vote count is.
                              It isn't clear that they want this or agree this would be better.
                              Bruce DeVault

Comment

I think to win this type of debate (the debate that is implied here) you would have to prove to NT's satisfaction how transparency to users in feedback, voting, and the future development roadmap makes things better for them.
                                Bruce DeVault

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post RookieTrader  
                                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post PaulMohn  
                                Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post love2code2trade  
                                Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Working...
                                X