Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaTrader 8.0.23, .Net Framework 4.8 and C# Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuantKey_Bruce
    replied
    Yes, please prioritize updating to the current .NET Framework as soon as it is practical. This seems a necessary investment in the future of NinjaTrader Desktop.
    Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 03-11-2023, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello MicroTrends,

Thank you for your voice.

I've added your vote to SFT-3124.

Leave a comment:

• MicroTrends
    replied
    Pls add my vote - upgrade NT to .net 6.0 if possible ASAP :-)

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello ArdOfCrypto,

Thanks, I've added your vote as well.

Leave a comment:

• ArdOfCrypto
    replied
    Please add my vote too

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello VolatyTrading,

Thanks for your vote.

I've added this to the demand for this request.

Leave a comment:

• VolatyTrading
    replied
    Please add my vote as well

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello jorgeaug and danalec,

I've got your votes added. Thanks for taking time to provide feedback.

Leave a comment:

• danalec
    replied
    Now that NinjaTrader version 8.0.27.1 was released ​and it would be very interesting to update C#. It would be very useful for my work, please add my vote.

Leave a comment:

• jorgeaug
    replied
    Please 1+ vote

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello designer01,

Thank you for your input. Your vote has also been added to SFT-3124.

We appreciate your feedback.

Leave a comment:

• Bobin
    replied
    Thanks jeronymite for your summary.

It would be so great to finally upgrade to C#11.... the possibilities.....
    However, I think most people don't really understand the severity of such an upgrade.
    I worked as a software tester a few years ago.
    It would absolutely give me a headache to do a NT regression test after upgrading to C#11.
    I can imagine countless references or codes would break.
    You would have to test everything.​
    It wuld take a huge amount of time, considering the size of NT.

Leave a comment:

• designer01
    replied
    You can also add my vote for C# update. Should be updated to current version. It's like having Ninja Trader still using Windows 2000 and no update to current version of Windows.

Leave a comment:

• jeronymite
    replied
    It is well worth revisiting earlier posts in this thread and reading forward from there. A good place to start: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...58#post1178758

To re-emphasise some essential points:
    • Updating to the latest C# and .NET is not "nice to have if enough people want it"
    • Keeping pace with technology is crucial to maintaining a business advantage -- if "they" have had it for years, but NT seems uninterested, "they" are more likely to attract business away from NT
    • It is in everyone's interest to keep pace with technology in this area:
      • The platform as a whole will be able to be more easily maintained -- more than enough criticism in these Forums to justify that!
      • The platform will be more efficient -- again, just read the Forums and it's very obvious that performance is regularly discussed as problematic in various ways
      • The platform will be able to be made more robust and reliable as the two points above can reduce development time and therefore more time can be given to QA -- again, more than enough comments in the Forums on this!
      • The platform can be updated on a more regular and frequent cadence because the points above can reduce time-to-market! Win-win for NinjaTrader LLC as a business and all its users and its community, and it offers the opportunity to increase the rate of new feature development and release (again, see the Forums!)
      • Development will be easier for the NinjaTrader LLC Development Team and others who develop for the platform -- see all the points above!
      • Non-programming users will benefit from the points above because the platform will be better in many respects
      • Programmers (at any level of experience) who write Strategies, Indicators, and especially AddOns, will gain major new features and efficiency improvements, just like the NT Development team will!
      • With modern underlying technology, the platform is more likely to attract more users, especially users who develop NinjaScripts that are made available to users -- the NinjaTrader Ecosystem will benefit (lots of very useful free things there, go look!), and NinjaTrader third-party Vendors will benefit ...and that translates into everyone benefitting, including NinjaTrader LLC as a business!
      • ALL that means that NinjaTrader as a business is more likely to continue to thrive and offer more and better platforms, tools and services for the benefit of its 0.5M trader community ... making NinjaTrader even more compelling as the goto choice for traders from novice to professional
    • If the business falters for any reason, it reduces the probability of its continuing success and its revenue, which can lead to reductions in offerings and services -- there may be a ramping up of staff at the moment (it has been said in various places) and that is great to hear; but if the revenue in the primary platform fades, that affects longevity of the staff
    • Although less tangible, certainly from outside the company, the constant criticisms in some areas that often "blows back" on Support staff (particularly) and probably Development, must be demoralising for them and that can translate into staff movements (including exiting the company) and can potentially reduce productivity -- this is the last thing anyone in the NinjaTrader community wants! Losing highly knowledgeable and skilled staff means losing capability, at least for a period. And it's regrettable to lose people for entirely avoidable reasons.
    Finally, as I move forward with my own use of NinjaTrader as a third-party Vendor, it concerns me that as I recommend the platform and my own AddOn software to professional traders who want to use NinjaTrader to trade hedge funds, in my own development I also need to juggle things in the platform that could be significantly improved, one of which is this current matter discussed here.

So, the message is really simple: even if the process may take some effort and investment, NinjaTrader needs to keep pace with technology as it evolves, now and into the future, and that means keeping its underlying technology current, including (but not limited to) C# and .NET.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• IsaacBillion
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobin View Post

Upgrading to a new C# version means lots of regression testing.
    It is understandable that Ninja will not update it immediately.​
    But I'm sure they will.
    C#5 is just too obsolete to use it forever.​​
    Yes Bobin, but I think that it's already time that Ninja Forum Support will move Issues and Roadmap support to a Modern and transparent Tool like YouTrack or GitHub Issues
    that the public can see the demand for every feature and bug fix and by that can assess if there is a point to hold development for specific feature, or wait, or abandon it.
    For example if there are only 2 guys asking for C#11 so we will immediately understand there is no point to wait for it, and continue develop only in C#5. But if there are 20K (from the 500K
    NT claims she have) users who ask it, then will know that there is a point to start building with C#11 via DLL and in the near future it will be available directly via Ninjascript.
    It's time to be more Transparent and Modern , NT!
    Thx

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
2 responses
0 likes