X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys, we have no further input.

Comment

I'm having the same problem too-

I've also wrestled with this for a few days- catastrophic NT crash that won't allow program to restart. I've ruled out a few things by seeing the point at which NT crashes on startup then deleting suspect bits of the xml file until I can start up again. It seems the trouble lies in loading historical tick data. I have gotten around this for now by not using tick charts but thats not a long term solution. Here is a snippet of my trace file:

__________________________________________________ _____________
      2008-05-12 10:01:02:265 Data.BarUpdateEventArgs.ProcessEventArgs: instrument='6E 06-08' first=0 last=959472 period=1 Tick
      2008-05-12 10:01:02:468 Data.BarUpdateEventArgs.Process: instrument='6E 06-08' first=0 last=959472 error=NoError nativeError=''
      2008-05-12 10:01:18:140 in OnUnhandledApplicationException
      2008-05-12 10:01:18:156 ********* exception trapped *********

2008-05-12 10:01:18:156 Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
      Parameter name: index
      2008-05-12 10:01:18:156 System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
      Parameter name: index
      at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
      at NinjaTrader.Data.Bars.Get(Int32 index)
      at om3JRIRpfhIdpQaytQF.ItfRWJRL90u4kxBAohg.rD1Riu3V7G (Int32 , DateTime )
      at om3JRIRpfhIdpQaytQF.ItfRWJRL90u4kxBAohg.nkBRxhfR2v (DateTime , MarketDataType , Double , Int32 )
      at NinjaTrader.Indicator.VolumeFootprint.60Z59O7Cci(O bject , MarketDataEventArgs )
      at 2g0bCA0WrqDC19hyAt.Y1merZ9jMxxCmIIyjd.VESiPGhcx(In strument , DateTime , DateTime , MarketDataItemEventHandlerEx )
      at NinjaTrader.Indicator.VolumeFootprint.TL55YuQr0p()
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
      __________________________________________________ ___________

I thought at first it had to do with the indicator mentioned in the trace but when I switched it to not load historical tick data it was fine.
      This happens without the indicator also.
      Thanks-
      T

Comment

Taters,

a) Please contact the author of the VolumeFootprint indicator for resolution.
        b) Please post issues not related to the original thread in a new thread.

Thanks

Comment

I replied to this thread because my Zen Fire tick charts are freezing like the title of this thread. I guess I did not make clear that the indicator is a side issue that has been temporarily resolved. I didn't send a VF-free trace file because the traces are generally over a gigabyte and they are difficult to open. I sent the one I could, but as I stated in my post I have eliminated VF as a source of the problem.

Comment

To clarify: Issue below with lines you marked in read is an issue related to the VolumeFootprint indicator only (not Zen related!), which is why I redirected you to the author.

Back to:
            >> I've also wrestled with this for a few days- catastrophic NT crash that won't allow program to restart

What exactly did you experience? Please provide detailed info:
            - did it happen on NT start? or
            - did it happen as you connected to Zen?
            - what exactly happened? do you have screenshots etc.

Comment

perhaps I should start a new thread after all...

but so as to not leave this one hanging-

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
              To clarify: Issue below with lines you marked in read is an issue related to the VolumeFootprint indicator only (not Zen related!), which is why I redirected you to the author.

Back to:
              >> I've also wrestled with this for a few days- catastrophic NT crash that won't allow program to restart
              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
              What exactly did you experience? Please provide detailed info:
              1. Symptom 1:Workspace with a tick chart would crash NT at the point of loading data into the chart and not allow NT to restart fully, crashing at the same point of loading. Standard " NinjaTrader has encountered an error and needs to close..." message.
              2. Attempted Fix: Edit XML workspace file to eliminate the chart.
              3. Result: NT would open ok and load my workspace without the offending tick chart.
              4. Symptom 2:I would attempt to create a new tick chart which would also crash when data would load, return to condition1 above.
              5. Attempted Fix 1: Stop using tick charts.
              6. Attempted Fix 2: Repair Database
              7. Result: back to condition 1.
              8. Current situation: After giving tick charts a "rest" for a few days I can now load load them EXCEPT for the 6E instrument, which crashes NT, same error message as above, but NT reopens gracefully to a state prior to the instrument switch.At this stage no errors are written to the end of the trace file. So the problem as I was defining it for this thread can be filed under "did not reoccur".Sorry if I jumped on the thread prematurely but ZenFire is my data provider and my tick charts were freezing as the data was loading as described by the first poster...
              9. Since this problem is getting beyond the scope of this thread I should probably start a new one...

- did it happen as you connected to Zen?
              1. No. Connection was established.
              - what exactly happened? do you have screenshots etc.
              1. No screenshots as it was just my desktop with an error message in the middle.
              Last edited by Taters; 05-15-2008, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Please send me logs and traces by Help->Mail to support, subject "for Dierk" and reference this thread. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DynamicTest  
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ScottWalsh