• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I can't.

Message in Chrome 'Oops! This link appears to be broken.'
    Message in IE6 'Page can not be found'

Comment

As everyone has been receiving the request time out error on http://www.ninjatrader.com I spent quite a few hours on the phone with a few ISP companies today and now we have it down to a Destination net unreachable at the host level. I assume the issue still exists and will spend more time on the phones with them come the start of the work week.

But in the mean time can I have a few of you test the web site and let me know the results.

Thanks,
      Lowell
      LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

Thanks for the explanation on the timeout and the rest of the traceroute.

I'm on vacation in the US and I try from the PC here and the website works. I remote desktop to my home pc in france and try the website and it still doesn't work.

when you think you may have it I can try again.

Comment

Still no go from here in the UK.

Comment

Lowell

I have just tested it and it still doesn't work from the UK. Thanks for working on this issue but I think you should try harder because if nobody from Europe can access it then your product sales to European customers must be near to zero right?

Regards
            Rob

Comment

Rob,
              Yes we are very worried about the loss of any customers. But currently the issue seems to be with random ISP customers. I have spoken to ISP Orange twice and they can access it fine with no issues. This is just a huge problem cause it has to due with address issues and ISP servers which I do not have access to.
              If you call your ISP and let them know that you cannot access NinjaTrader.com they might be able to look deeper into the internet servers for the issues, but as I am only a website it makes it not their problem. Yet with both of us letting them know about the issue they take more concern and I receive better assistance form them in resolving the issue.

Thank you for your assistance,
              Lowell
              LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

Sure, I'll do it. Thanks

Comment

Can't access web site

I can confirm that I have not been able to access the website for the pass few months. It just times out.

I'm also in the UK & have tried IE8 & Firefox. This is the only web site I have a problem with.

Tony
                  Last edited by TC; 03-01-2010, 04:46 AM.

Comment

I m located in the UK as well and have no problem accessing ninjatrader.com with firefox and google chrome.

Comment

Virginmedia

I use Virginmedia as my ISP and on one of the support forums I found:

"The guy I just spoke to at virginmedia said they are aware of the problem and are investigating.
                      He gave me "webcache.virginmedia.com" port 8080 to use as a temp fix in the LAN settings of internet explorer"

I applied this to both IE8 & Firefox & they can now both access the web site .

Tony

Comment

Way to go TC.

That's just worked for me also :-)

Not sure where this leaves connecting via iPhone though.

Comment

Nice to hear you two are able to now access NinjaTrader.com
                          Hopefully soon the ISPs and I can come to a final solution / fix soon without any workarounds.

Thanks for notifying your ISP company's and getting them to assist in fixing the issue with me.

Thanks,
                          Lowell
                          LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

This is the reply from my ISP. I still can't access www.ninjatrader.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Dear Customer,

We have looked into this website and can log in from here and see the whole website. We have also tested from a test account and this is working fine.

We suggest that you go back to the website owner.

Kind Regards,

Faye Wright
                            Technical Support
                            Eclipse Internet
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I wanted to follow up on this issue, when I contacted the ISP who originally told me they could verify an issue this time I was told they could not find an issue and since I am not a customer they don't hold a case number.

So my best bet is if I can have a few of you test http://www.ninjatrader.com and let me know if it is working.

If you are running the virgin media proxy please do remove that before testing.

I appreciate all the assistance I have received from everyone in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
                              Lowell
                              LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

Hi Lowell

Still cannot access NT via Virgin Media nor iPhone from the UK.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder
                                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes