Open position not displayed for CL and COIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>> How many years will it take?
    Unfortunately I don't know. Please ask IB support.

For the time being we added a work around for NT7 which you personally confirmed working, if I recall correctly. I'm not sure what else you are looking for.

Also: I suggest you bring forward your issue at IB support with the same emphasize as you do here.

Comment

I have not tested this for NT7 so far. Just to be fair: NT7 is a non-public beta release that you are making available to selected key users.

For NT7 I do expect bugs, because it is an advanced and complex product which is now being tested and will be released later. I certainly would not consider trading real money with a non-public beta release. Anybody who does this truly merits all losses as a consequence of bugs that have not yet been detected and removed. So I use NT 6.5 for trading, NT 7 with my simulated trading account only.

So you are not asking me to trade real money with NT7, do you?
      Last edited by Harry; 01-08-2010, 04:32 PM.

Comment

The workaround we put in place may effect the 95% of IB users who don't run into that issue. This would be unacceptable risk for those. That's why it needed to be in a beta and thus would make it into the NT7 branch.

Have you contacted IB support with your post below to stress the issue again? Have you got any reply?

Comment

Hi Dierk,

thanks again for answering. I have frequently reopened the ticket with IB (it's always closed automatically), as I am posting here. Just checked, my prior posts on this thread were 3 months ago.

But let us look at the facts:

(1) IB changed the specs of their API in January 2009.
          (2) Other charting software has adapted to these changes (if you like I am willing to perform tests with ButtonTrader, ZeroLineTrader, and all sorts of other platforms).
          (3) NinjaTrader continues blaming IB (which maybe correct or not, but this is not the point here).

This leaves a bad impression with NinjaTrader.

As a paying customer I cannot and do not want to judge, whether NT is incompatible with TWS or TWS is incompatible with NT. The point is that a rather simple problem is being pushed back and forth since a year now. As a consequence a number of liquid futures contracts including crude oil can not be traded through NinjaTrader.

The obvious conclusion is that currently NT can not be recommended as a front end for Interactive Brokers to trade futures, simply because it does not work.

Comment

Here are the facts:
            - IB acknowledged the change of the API earlier on last year which made NT break
            - IB acknowledged the need for an API change to restore the prior state
            - NT is not in control of IB's update policy
            - NT provided a work around with NT7 which would not impose any risk to the existing customer base
            - NT is not blaming anyone but stating facts

I will stop responding to that thread until there is an update available in which event I would notify you.

Thanks for your continued understanding

Comment

We all know this is a bug in IB, but the fact is, other vendors found a way to work with it, you also know how to resolve it, but you chose not to. This is the disappointing part; that you know how to resolve it, but simply refuse to implement a solution. Implementing a solution in a beta version that only a small subset of customers has access to and should not be used for live trading anyway, is not a solution.

By stating that you will not respond anymore to the issue, you make it clear that you rather ignore issues than to do something about it. This whole thing is leaving a very bad taste about NinjaTrader on how you chose to support customers and address issues.

It doesn't matter what the reason is and who is responsible. The fact is NinjaTrader does not allow customers to trade all products IB has available. Period. You are selling a product that does not do what it promised and your attitude is that you just don't care.

In the end, the API is what the API is. This is not IB's responsibility to make their API look like NT want it to be. This is NT's responsibility to work with what you get from IB. If you cannot or do not want to as is the case here, then you need to remove IB from your list of supported brokers.
              Last edited by fs; 01-11-2010, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                Here are the facts:
                I will stop responding to that thread until there is an update available in which event I would notify you.
                NT_Dierk: I was hoping you're kidding around.
                Harry, fs: ditto.

Comment

Tried to load CL 03-10 with the fix for NT7. -> Not displaying anything.

Comment

Hello Harry,

Can you please tell me what symbol mapping you have entered as per the CL 03-10.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Symbol mapping is CL||||1.

Comment

This symbol mapping should result in data. I tested a minute and daily chart on my end and I received the requested data.

Could it be you are using a tick based interval?

Do you have the exchange set to Nymex?

Comment

Chart did load now, although I did not change any of the settings,

Comment

Symbol Mapping

Been looking for a post that explains how to do custom symbol mapping. I use IB and trying to trade CL with Ninja 7 in a strategy. What exactly do i need to configure to get this to work. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Please see post #94 in this forum thread for instructions.

Comment

NJ 7 fix working

NJ 7 fix working ....thanks ....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ageeholdings