Collapse

Open position not displayed for CL and COIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your feedback. Although I'm pretty surprised, since IB confirmed several times that we needed to tweak NT after they rolled an API (which we're still waiting for).

Comment

TWS 887 is over a year old....

TWS 887 was released in August 2008. That was before the bug release of Interactive Brokers in January 2009.

I doubt that it is wise to run the latest release of NínjaTrader on an outdated version of TWS, because there may have been other changes in between that affect stability.

May be you also would have to downgrade your Java Setup for TWS 887.

Comment

C'mon Harry, democracy is even older than a year and still runs fine!
        No, seriously: TWS 887 seems to run fine with Java 6 Runtime 15.

I see your point with the latest NT release - I was trying to get NT 6.5.1000.10 before, but this version (which we ran perfectly with TWS 887 before) is no longer available for download. No other options.

Regards,

n.i.n.j.n.a.

Comment

Anybody have a link to a TWS 887 download? Can't seem to find anything else other than the latest version (898) on IB's site.

Apparently not enough CL traders complaining to make it worth IB's while to get this thing fixed sooner.

Comment

I downgraded TWS to 887 last week and it has been working fine since for me. Working it against NT 6.5.1000.12.

Comment

Hi Oscar,

Will send you a PM tomorrow regarding TWS 887.

Greetz,

n.i.n.j.n.a.

Comment

You got mail.

Comment

A previous post included an email from IB - David Nelson saying the issue is resolved and another post shows that IB has added contract month in API beta. My guess is that IB thinks the problem is fixed.

Sounds like if it isn't fixed NT needs to move this up the food chain. This thread started in April, it is now October. Way to long.

Comment

The issue is pending at IB as of my post #44 below.

Comment

Hello,

got a pop up message when opening today the TWS 887 version that this will not be supported from the 23rd of October. From that date the oldest supported version will be 893.

Does anybody know if this means that we will have to upgrade to 893 from that date?

If this is the case a fix is urgently needed for this issue. It is impossible to carry on trading with this problem.

Regards,

Comment

Just got word from IB support - v887 is definitely going to be discontinued. Login will no longer be possible.

@NT_Dierk: The IB support guy asked me to have someone at NT contact the IB guys at [email protected] about this issue - could you please do that and let us know about how to tackle the problem?

Thank you!
                        Last edited by noincomenojobnoassets; 10-06-2009, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Ray and Dierk

This is unacceptable. I am paying good money to NT and IB for your products and services and this show-stopper issue has not been addressed since it raised its head in April. The responses from NT staff to my and others' questions on this matter give the impression that this issue is not being taken seriously. We had a workaround, not offered by either NT or IB, of downgrading to TWS 887 and now that is being pulled without any commitment to fix the problem.

Please tell me I am wrong and you are working feverishly behind the scenes, fully communicating with IB, to fix this problem. It just doesn't feel like that right now.

Comment

Agree with laparker

I agree. It is now over 6 months that I opened this thread, because no energy futures can be traded through NT and Interactive Brokers. Neither NT nor IB has taken the problem seriously.

I am also a paying customer, and I expect more than nothing.

Comment

I just sent again a support inquiry on the status of that issue to email below (as > 5 times in the past 9 months). I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Please let us know a.s.a.p. after IB responds - ceasing to trade after Oct 23rd is really not an option. And who knows whether NT7 will fix this - any plans about this?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post AaronKoRn