Collapse

Open position not displayed for CL and COIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already did and got confirmation from IB development (not support !) that this would be fixed with an upcoming TWS version. Sent another mail to IB support team to make sure their communication is in sync with that IB commitment.

Comment

NT 6.5.1000.9/TWS 892.7 not compatible for oil futures (CL, NG, HO, RB, COIL)

So the current status is that NT cannot be used for trading future contracts via recommended version TWS 892.7, if the last trading date of the contract is prior to the expiration month. Such is the case for CL, COIL, NG, RB and HO ( basically all the oils trading on NYMEX and IPE).

At least it is clear what causes the problem and which contracts are affected, and -even more important - which are not affected.

Comment

Unfortunately IB did not provide any information on which contracts would be affected, so I could not comment your statement.

Comment

I personally checked that CL, NG and COIL do not work. These are contracts from two different exchanges. But indeed they do have in common that the last trading date is prior to the expiry month.

When confirming execution TWS delivers the last trading date of the contract. NT interprets the month of the last trading date as the expiry month, which is correct for most of the future contracts, but not all. One is speaking Chinese the other Japanese.

It is obvious that the problem has been caused by the new release of TWS, as the prior recommended version TWS 887 spoke the same language as NT.

Comment

IB confirms that issue will be resolved with release TWS 894

Last response from Interactive Brokers:

"Correct, these changes to the values provided should be available with Build 894 when it is released into production, which should be in the next couple of weeks. "

Comment

TWS 894 Testing

I test a NG June 09 trade using TWS 894 with NT 6.5.1000.10. NT reported the position as NG May 09 and also the ATM orders are also linked to the wrong contract month. Now the chart trader show no position or pending orders. If I use TWS 890, the ATM orders are still linked to the correct contract month.

Things are not getting any better for NG and CL. Please help.

Comment

Hello chunhaoqi,

I suggest to remain on TWS version 890 for now.

I will need to contact Development regarding this matter. As soon as there is new information, we will let you know.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just sent a support inquiry to IB support and will let you know as we get any update. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Status as of today

Response by Interactive Brokers 2009/05/11

"Unfortunately I was informed the developers did not completely update the fix. This is still being worked on for Build 894. "
                    Last edited by Harry; 05-11-2009, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

IB will only partly fix the issue - see answer below

This means that all energy futures still cannot be traded via NT/Interactive Brokers.

Information provided by IB at 2009/05/22 09:13 EST

" I was informed by our developers that it will be impossible to change the details of the contract when viewing the execution. What they are going to do to help resolve this issue is include in the next release of the API a new parameter so that in the contract details messages both the expiry and contract month are being returned. Note: Even though this change is being included in the next API release this would require NT to update their program to the new release and include this additional parameter with their program. The new API Release is being developed now and should be available in the next couple of weeks. Also we will send an e-mail to the Senior Developer for NT informing them of the changes that will be made. I would suggest that you check back with NT in the near future to see if there will be posting any updates to their program. Thank you, API Support

Interactive Brokers Customer Service "

Comment

Unfortunately this information is inaccurate. The person who is responsible for TWS development committed to fix TWS (or the API) so no code change on NT would be required.

Comment

I know there is blood in the water here, but Harry is correct. I spoke to IB's API dept yesterday and got the same "type" of response. NT is missing the big picture here.

1. IB's customer svc. although better, is clearly not the best out there.
                            they are obviously under staffed.

2. As a broker, specifically in this regulatory "Witch Hunt" era, compliance
                            dictates everything. Why? the parasite lawyers have entered the
                            picture. Watch tv, in between the b-squad gold salesman, were
                            starting to see the "Have you lost money in the stock market"
                            commercials.

They are like everyone else, trying to cling to there jobs (survival) first. I think NT and all vendors better start keeping up or else. I like NT and the guys who work here, i'm just giving you my take on this. Maybe it can make this product better for all.

Comment

Who will fix the problem?

I also like NT, otherwise I would not post here.... I just transmitted the answer I got from IB to make it available. I am just sitting on the sidelines and waiting.

Comment

IB support just informed me:
                                - IB is not going to resolve the issue as agreed on initially
                                - instead IB will provide a new TWS API which would include the information which formerly was there in new fields
                                - the timeline would be around 2 weeks
                                - after that we needed to amend NT to reflect this API change

Sorry, for not having any better news. But that's all we can do at this time...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post AaronKoRn