Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cclsys
    replied
    is it possible that this is just a template problem, i.e. previously saved templates are looking for things that have been changed but that the underlying code is fine?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    cclsys,

If you move things around to Properties you now have a different indicator call method to call that indicator. You will need to make adjustments everywhere in your code. Unfortunately I would not know exactly where you want to look at.

Leave a comment:

• cclsys
    replied
    This is also posted in vwap thread:

Using hvwap, someone suggested I changed in Properties the start and end times from being in "Settings" to "Properties" to make hvwap callable in other indicators [such as the Skew Indy in this Dvalue thread]. This worked. But now I am getting both a log error and an occasional pop-up serializing error.

Log:
    Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.hVWAP'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there.
    popup (also in log):
    Indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.hVWAP' could not be serialized. Please refer help for more information on serializing indicators.

Any clues on what do do here?

I attach test version of hvwap to play with so that original does not need to be touched.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cclsys
    replied
    My indy is 6.5 only. I don't have 7.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    Yes, you can install NT6.5 and 7 at the same time and use either or. You cannot use both at the same time, correct.

Leave a comment:

• kumar
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
    John,

You can have NT7 installed at the same time as NT6.5. They do not influence each other.

Josh,

Does it mean that I can down load the current beta version of NT7 and strta using it instead of 6.5?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• paulg
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
    John,

You can have NT7 installed at the same time as NT6.5. They do not influence each other.

yes, they do not influence each other in terms of installation but the user can't run 6.5 and 7 at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    John,

Leave a comment:

• John.2000
    replied
    Thanks DeanV - I actually don't have NT7, and didn't want to load it to V6.5 in case it would screw things up. So if it's compatible with V6.5 I'll give it a try.

John

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    qewcool, Think what your seeing is how it displays the most recient "completed" session, at the end of the session. At 16:15 the session ends, so the program calcs the completed session and changes the plot lines part of the display to reflect that till the next session ends. What your seeing on any particular day is the results of the previous day.

John, "indy" is just cclsys's short way of saying "indicator". I don't know if his skew indicator ("indy") is NT7 compatable or not... Try It! It is an interesting indicator.

Leave a comment:

• John.2000
    replied
    cclsys,

I assume the attached file on your post 941 (DValueAreaSkew Indicator) is for NT7?

Also, can you please explain what indy is?

Thanks,

John
    Last edited by John.2000; 02-13-2010, 03:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• qewcool
    replied
    ok thanks
    understood it now

but even with those settings it doesnt seem to start at 9:30 at all ... seems more like it is starting at the session open time that you specify in the properties of the chart

Leave a comment:

• Jaap8242
    replied
    OpenHour: 9

OpenMinute: 30

SessionLengthInHours: 6.75

That's all

Jaap

Leave a comment:

• qewcool
    replied
    how do you set open hours on this indicator ? what format works ?
    I put "093000" or "93000" or "930" in and it gives me blank ... nothing shows up

I put "9" and its shows me something but the lines starts at 16:15 of the previous day .... where I set the session close to be as I am functionning on a 24h session ... 4:30 to 4:15

what is the open min that is by default at 30 ? Is that the IB (Initial balance) ?

I just want to set up values areas and POC for 9:30 to 16:15 on a 15 min chart ... how do you set that up ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• kumar
    replied
    Thanks cclsys, great explanation, need time to digest.
    Cheers,
    Kumar

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post JoMoon2024  
Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
2 responses