Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanV
    replied
    Since the code is "open source" and not protected, I don't see why the .3 version would have an impact. I expect it will continue to work.

That being said.... Who Knows! It is using "undocumented" calls, mostly just the "Plot" override. A lot of code will break, if that gets screwed up.

Leave a comment:

• markuse
    replied
    Dean, will the NinjaTrader Version 7.0.1000.3 Beta release have any impact on dValue indicator?

Cheers,
    Markus

Leave a comment:

• rcabri
    replied
    Thanks Roberto

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    rcabri, Personally, I use VWTPO for most things. Think it can depend on personal preference of the various ways you can use it.

Leave a comment:

• rcabri
    replied
    VWTPO or VTPO

Hi Dean
    You think is more dinamic and fast the value area and poc calculated on VWTPO (Volume
    weighted price) or on VTPO (volume) ?
    Thanks Roberto

Leave a comment:

• kumar
    replied
    Originally posted by *matrix View Post
    Hi Dean,

That may be the issue. I rebuilt a chart and refreshed the data after adding each indicator seperatelyand the issue did not recur. SO this may be the best fix. Thank You. M!
    I was faced with the same problem a few 'beta' versions ago; I simply reconstructed the chart - what a pain it was as I draw past VPOCs and LVN/HVN lines on the chart. Haven't faced this problem now for sometime.

One useful lesson I learnt was to save the workspace as soon as the morning updates are done, this also helps when NT unexpectedly stops responding.

As always, thank you Dean for all the great work and I hope it is 'work in progress'.

Cheers,
    Kumar

Leave a comment:

• *matrix
    replied
    Hi Dean,

That may be the issue. I rebuilt a chart and refreshed the data after adding each indicator seperatelyand the issue did not recur. SO this may be the best fix. Thank You. M!

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    matrix, going to have to narrow it down some...

Try opening a new workspace. setup a new chart with only 1 data stream and this indicator on it. Then connect and see if the problem duplicates.

If so, check the log for errors. Also make sure you have enough days (10 should be fine), and your using something common for data (like ES open hrs. only on a 5 min. chart).

If no problem, then change things to match your other workspace setup till problem show's it's self. Then see what change can cause it.

I had a corrupt chart (not workspace) once a few NT versions back, but just building a new chart from scratch solved it.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• *matrix
    replied
    Hi Dean,

I wrote you previously about the dissapearing of the indicator on occassion.
    I still dont know why it does it, but it happens when using "Reload all historical data"
    It will also happen if you open the workspace and then connect to zenfire after.
    For me the workaround has been to connect to zenfire, and then open the workspace.
    Did you experience this issue or has anyone?

M!

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    The realtime POC kind of does what you are asking for. I will show the changes through out the day (not sure if you wanted that on previous days, or just a line for how the day ended). It wouldn't take too much coding to add the Va's along the same as existing realtime POC (make a copy and try it!). I'm not making any changes at this point, but will put it on a list of possibles.

Harry had posted this note to get more resolution (thanks Harry). (I haven't tried it, but sounds like it would work)....
    "You can increase the resolution of this indicator, by adding a secondary, smaller timeframe series of the same instrument. Apply the indicator to the secondary series and display it on the main panel. Display the secondary series on the main panel as well, but with bars set to transparent."

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• turbo516
    replied
    Hi Dean,

Is it possible for you to modify the code so that the POC, VAH, and VAL are displayed for that specific day instead of the next day? Currently, today's chart shows yesterday's values and yesterday's chart shows 2 days ago value.....but I want today to only show today's developing value, yesterday to show only yesterday's value, and so on.

Also, I would like to display 30min bars on my chart (since that's the original TPO length) but the calculation will not be as accurate than using 1 min bars. Is it possible to modify so that it generate the POC, VAH, VAL using 1min data regardless of what timeframe chart you place it on?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    dowtrader, High or Low Value Node - Sometimes used to disribe the peaks and vally's that show up on the maps. The POC is the highest of the HVN on a given day.

astrolobe, Yes... The 3 lines (POC and dotted VA's) represent the previous days activity. The evolving display (lines or text) is what's currently happeing today and can change bar by bar.

Leave a comment:

• astrolobe
    replied
    VAt and VAb dotted lines

Dean,
    Thanks for the indicator, it is very impressive. I have been tinkering with it ( I am not an expert in VA), but I was wondering how come the dotted VAb and VAt lines on some of the days in your sample pic are outside the price action altogether, for example 3/16 and 3/17. Should they not be within the histogram?

EDIT: excuse my ignorance, but I think I have just worked out that they are VA's for the previous days. AM I correct?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by astrolobe; 10-21-2010, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dowtrader
    replied
    Thanks DeanV for all your hard work on this great indicator. Forgive my ignorance but I've heard some folks talking about 'HVN' and 'LVN'???? What are they and does DeanV's dValueArea indicator display them? Is HVN the same as the POC? If not, can someone explain the difference please. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm not planning on any changes till after V7 is offical. Then I'll go though the list of ideas and probably pick a few to add. The program is already a little on the heavy side.

Keep posting requests here. I'll review and see how much more busy to make the program. Things like changing how the current (evolving) VA's are shown shouldn't be too much, but others like the Virgins adds a lot more "bloating" of the code. I like both ideas though. Probably won't do the inital balance though (lots of things like IB and VWAP are really seperate functions, though sometimes used in congunction with this one).

Thanks.
    Dean.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post burtoninlondon  
Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
0 responses