Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cclsys
    replied
    Thanks Dean for an excellent indicator. I try to have only 1-2 max on a chart and yours is finding itself there nearly every time.

I too would be interested to see the lines change over time on the chart vs. only being horizontal basis the current bar but doubt I have the coding capabilities to go into this and muck around.

Also, being able to have, say, the 30 minute histograms stay there on the chart once a new period forms would be quite nice. But as it is already, it is very good and much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• paulg
    replied
    Thanks for this further feedback, DeanV.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle
    replied
    Dean

thank you for your comments and input, will be looking at that a little bit more closely

all the best

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    There are only a few things that will effect the POC and VA lines.

1. Time Frames. Pick a time frame for the chart. Make sure the "open" hours at least are displayed, and match those for open time and length of open session. 30min and 5 min. charts are common, but I've used it on all kinds. A faster chart will collect more detail, but only seldom will that move the POC much (i.e. a "double hump" chart that is really close may cause one chart to pick the upper hump, and the other to pick the lower).

2. PctofVolinVA is usually left at 70%, but would effect the VA lines, not the POC.

3. Profile Type. They are either price based or volume based. The volume ones vary only in how that bar's volume is placed on price for display... either VOC - all of it at the close, VTPO - evenly distributed across that bar's price, or VWTPO - volume is "weighted" across price (taller bars = less vol per tick than smaller bars, for a given amount of volume). The only one I never use is VOC.

4. Total Slots. Usually, only small values (30 or less area) will influence the POC much. That's because a lot of ticks will get combined into one "mid-price" represented by the middle of the thick horz. slot bar. The next click (i.e. Slot) up could be 10 or 30 ticks away, so that becomes the minimum resolution of the display and the POC calc. How many ticks are in each slot can vary depending on how many ticks a day has. Think I coded an artifical max of 500 for this, but I havn't seen much useful difference above 100 or so on the charts I run.

The rest of the stuf is most all just display stuff. To get rid of the slot histogram stuff just set PresentMethod to zero. You will be left with just the 3 plot lines, and a lot of code will be skipped over (run faster). An alternative would be to set the color to Transparent, but the underlying code will still be running and eating machine resources.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle
    replied
    Hello Dean

Thank you for this excellent indicator. I've tested it with marketdelta and it is quite similar, sometimes differences of about 1 or two ticks, still pretty darn good.

Question: You have indicated different methodologies for calculating the indicator, and in most cases if I play around with it , similar results are obtained. Do you have a very brief definition of how you are describing your methods.

Is there a a way to switch off the actual histogram, I tried several options but none is related to the histogram itself so that only the lines display?

Best regards

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    Printing values for each slot is beyond the scope of this program. Think their are comercial ones out there that can do such. The ticks are/may already be combined to compress all ticks to fit screen. Adjusting the number of slots does this, but it's not specific (you don't really know how many ticks each slot could have each day, depends on the total ticks per day vs. number of slots asked for). Adding another layer of specific compression is probably not going to happen with this app. It is an interesting idea though (I'll put that concideration on a back burner).

A weekly version is on my todo list. It won't be real soon though. At least weeks, perhaps not for a month or more. There probably are comercial versions available, but I havn't looked for them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Leave a comment:

• fafura
    replied
    Volume values

Hi, is it possible to print volume values (how many contracts traded ) on each bar?Also would it be possible to merge bars together?(like 4 ticks together, so each bar would represent 1 point on ES) ThinkorSwim has this function(Trade/ActiveTrader tab), however it cannot be plotted on the chart TIA Great work!

Leave a comment:

• paulg
    replied
    Weekly Value Areas/POCs

Which indicators do you know that are able to plot the weekly Value Area and the POC (week by week) using intraday data?

I can't find one and I'm looking for such an indicator in order to use the weekly POC together to the weekly iVWAP by hegh2000 .

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    Originally posted by LuboLabo View Post
    I mean not for every bar, bat only leave the line on chart that this indi plots,
    ex: at 3 am it plots a red line as poc, at 9 am. it plots again a red line coz poc is changed ..... etc.....
    However thanks for your work.

Lubo.
    If your talking about the evolving pre-session bit changing when the "real" session goes active, then you could run a second copy of the app, turn the pre-session off, and set the session up to show the pre-session hours as "the" session. Set anything you don't want to see to a Transparent color. Not sure it that will get exactly what you want, but some combination as such might get close enough.

Leave a comment:

• LuboLabo
    replied
    Originally posted by DeanV View Post

Lubo: If your asking for the evolving lines to leave the up/down history per bar as a normal plot could do? Thats more of a design change than I want to do. Feel free to modify / code another verson. This is open source stuff!

Dean.
    I mean not for every bar, bat only leave the line on chart that this indi plots,
    ex: at 3 am it plots a red line as poc, at 9 am. it plots again a red line coz poc is changed ..... etc.....
    However thanks for your work.

Lubo.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post futtrader  
Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
1 response