• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen
    replied
    Hi, DeanV

I just wonder if you can modify the value area so:

1- we can have a vertical line at current value area.
    2- Erase the vertical lines which are continue of last day value area.
    3- Add a line for initial balance.
    Something similar to attachment below.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Allen; 10-19-2010, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• barabba
    replied
    Virgin POCs

Thank you Dean for this great indicator.

Could you please add an option to display virgin POCs and value area?
    A virgin POC is a POC which has not yet been touched since its "birth", so it may extends for several days after.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    rv_trader...

VOC - puts all the volume from that bar at the close price tick.

VTPO - Evenly distributes that bar's volume across all the prices inclusive to that bar. All the price ticks in that bars range will get the same value, that bar's volume.

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• rv_trader
    replied
    Volume differences

Dean can you explain the difference between VOC-Volume at Close and VTPO=Volume. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• monpere
    replied
    Originally posted by ninja hattori View Post
    Thanks Dean for your invaluable support,
    Though I plotted histo correctly it has some post and presession issue. Now calculation part require some changes which starts from here-
    This consider day bars, can't figure out how to manipulate for 30 minutes bar.
    May be someone in forum help.
    I altered the dValueArea NT7 code to display intraday volume profiles and value areas. Use Parameters: OpenHour, OpenMnute, to specity the start of the day session, and SessionLengthInHours to specify the size of each Profile within the day session, i.e. OpenHour=8, OpenMinute=0, SessionLengthInHours=0.5, UseSessTemplate=Flase, will display 30 minute profiles starting from 8:00 am.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by monpere; 08-22-2010, 07:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SLASH
    replied
    Thanks Dean for your invaluable support,
    Though I plotted histo correctly it has some post and presession issue. Now calculation part require some changes which starts from here-

int bars = Math.Min(ChartControl.LastBarPainted, ChartControl.BarsPainted);
    rightScrnBnum = Math.Min(ChartControl.LastBarPainted, CurrentBar);
    leftScrnBnum = Math.Min(ChartControl.FirstBarPainted, CurrentBar);

This consider day bars, can't figure out how to manipulate for 30 minutes bar.
    May be someone in forum help.
    Last edited by SLASH; 07-19-2010, 07:38 AM. Reason: wrong name: apologies

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    Hattori, Looks like your close to me. Looks like you do have the Histo plots broken into 30 bar groups. You'll have to figure it out, but here's a couple of thoughts...

You still have a "day" component to the code. You may not want that (it complicates it) for what your doing. The program is only ploting the first 1/2 hr. in green (the session it conciders) and rest in red. You may want to play with how "SesNum" is getting incremented to get it all in green (and eliminate any pre-session idea).

The POC, etc. plots were only ment to plot day session levels (see above). You seem to have a mix of day / 1/2 hr. or something going on. After the green histo, it looks correct (rest have some issues). In case of POC that plot comes from "PriceOfPOC" variable which is a copy of "sessPriceOfPOC" when the day changes (in NewSessStart function). Chase it from there to get control of it.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by DeanV; 07-14-2010, 04:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SLASH
    replied
    ok Dean,

Help me configure this for 30 bars (30 Minutes)

int bars = Math.Min(ChartControl.LastBarPainted, ChartControl.BarsPainted);
    rightScrnBnum = Math.Min(ChartControl.LastBarPainted, CurrentBar);
    leftScrnBnum = Math.Min(ChartControl.FirstBarPainted, CurrentBar);

Hattori

Leave a comment:

• SLASH
    replied
    Hi Dean,
    Tried a lot but can't Get correct results, VAH, VAL and POC are not plotting correctly.
    Beginning half hour VAH, VAL and POC are not plotting.
    I do not require histo. Could you help me fix correct 30 Min time frame ?
    Open Hour : Minute - 09:00. SessionLength - 0.5.[Total day session length 6.50 hrs]
    This is the result -

Thanks
    Last edited by SLASH; 07-13-2010, 05:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mystiq
    replied
    market analyzer

how would Dvalue indicator be set-up in market analyzer?

Leave a comment:

• SLASH
    replied
    Dean,

How can I use this indicator for 30 Min. and day profile.
    I want to use original indicator as it is, in addition to that I need 30 min profile indicator also.
    I saved indicator in other name also, renamed every instance of dValueArea in code but it is not working.
    Do I need rename all public vars?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by SLASH; 07-06-2010, 06:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mystiq
    replied
    lvn alerts

DeanV

what value for alerts would LVN be coded as? i am only interested in the extreme LVN values for alerts...is this possible?

mystiq love your indy....

Leave a comment:

• mystiq
    replied
    best chart settings for 30min intraday

Originally posted by kumar View Post
    Dean,
    Just had a quick look at Dvalue_M, this is very exciting.
    I have been using DvalueArea - by far the most useful indicator for me and I used to rely on other people to provide a usable a composite. This addition makes Ninja very usable for me.
    Really appreciate all your hard work. Thank you.
    Kumar
    kumar - can you post a chart to see your usage of dvalue_M?

****can anybody recommend the BEST settings for Dvalue on a 30min intraday chart?****
    ??dValueArea(False8,20,0.7,vmtpo,8,200,1)??
    Last edited by mystiq; 07-01-2010, 02:50 AM. Reason: update post

Leave a comment:

• mystiq
    replied
    Originally posted by DeanV View Post
    hattori, No. That section just gets some inital data numbers during first few bars, to get it started. Won't effect the 1 bar off issue going forward. Your probably getting hit with some Greater or Equal issue. A quick try would be to change CSEndTime CompareTo (a few lines down from your reference area) to ">=" (add the equals) and see if that works or mess's up (might be different for different chart bar length settings, but work for your 1 min. bars). If that can't get you there, try things on setting that CSEndTime... main function is "SetCurSessEndTime", but might be a few other places scattered around to check for special conditions, etc.. Note that once the end time is set, the program uses that to then set the start time, so could be either one that's at issue. Could be you'll have the chase down all the date related usage and just try something to see how it effects it. Also, once the date/time is set, the program really uses bar numbers to do it's real work so that could be "off by one" in one of the functions that sets or scans the bars.

mystiq, Havn't done anthing with that directly... probably won't for months or more. An slopy way to get there would be to setup a chart and set the end date for Sunday (for this example) so it dosn't change during the week. Setup the program to combine last 7 days and use those numbers in other charts or whatever. Then on Monday move the Sunday date forward a week. You'd have to fiddle with it each week.

Hope that helps.
    mystiq, Havn't done anthing with that directly... probably won't for months or more. An slopy way to get there would be to setup a chart and set the end date for Sunday (for this example) so it dosn't change during the week. Setup the program to combine last 7 days and use those numbers in other charts or whatever. Then on Monday move the Sunday date forward a week. You'd have to fiddle with it each week.

Hope that helps.

Thx -

Leave a comment:

• SLASH
    replied
    Thanks Dean, will try your suggestion and let you know the result.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
7 responses
0 likes
Last Post aligator  
Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Eduardo