• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andddres1
    replied
    dvaluearea for mt4

Hello, thank you so much for sharing.

does anyone have this indicator for mt4?

Leave a comment:

• ETMTrader
    replied
    I use the dValueArea indicator. It's set up for the day session of the e-mini S&P (9:30-4:15), which I like.

Can someone tell me how to switch it over to a weekly profile?

I downloaded it from here or Big mike's Trading. The file folder is titled dValueArea7

Leave a comment:

• dave the trader
    replied
    Rtpoc

First post for me here in NT. By all means NOT a new trader though. 19+ years. I am not a programmer at all. That being said, I use the dvalue in a rather unique way and have it running on calc bar close false to watch the movement of the RTPOC's. Is there someone in here who can add/change the code to have any movement of the RTPOC show up as a stationary marker. When running the dvalue with calc bar close set to false the RTPOC's move during candle formations and I would like to have permanent printings of those movements when they move with pricing.

sample screenshot here = www.screencast.com/t/5G2a1z7EEjw

Leave a comment:

• bottrader
    replied
    Dvalue indicator and session template (Asian, EU , US)

Hello ,

I am trying to use the Dvalue indicator with Forex ( EURUSD pair for example) based on a 24H session template taking into account the Asian , European and US sessions , but I am stuck .

Has anybody already could setup successfully such configuration in order to get volume profile on a 30 mn chart per session (Asian , European and US)

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• JDNeeman
    replied
    Hello,

How can i emulate the images posted here, i mean, the lines for VAT and VAB seems continuous, can you post your settings please!!!???

Thank you!!

JD

Originally posted by cclsys View Post
    I wrote an oscillator based on the DValue. Now this is on a version which also shows evolving VaB and VaT. The code is messy because Dean's original coding is way beyond my skill level.

The oscillator is really quite good and of course works on all time frames/charts without any input tweaking except start and end times, duration of session. But when the session ends and new one begins the value spikes (somehow it becomes the Close Price I think) and so the display doesn't work properly.

If anyone would be interested in solving this display issue (and generally cleaning up the code), I believe this could be a very helpful indicator, one that can be used to incorporate volume price analysis into system coding rules.

I have attached the code, and also a picture showing the oscillator display kicking out (as the session ended 20 minutes ago), and then scrolling the chart to the left to exclude this time, the oscillator working. The oscillator in question is the one with the magenta histogram.

The chart displays the DValue with RtVAB, RtVAT, RTPOC, also Vwap (magenta) and Ichi clouds in two time-frames.
    The oscillator beneath the one in question plots the skew (vwap relative to RtPOC) which is also quite handy. I have posted this somewhere else in this thread.

As always, thanks to Dean V for developing this excellent resource.

(Please, no-one here needs to mention that you can always pay someone to do this!)

Leave a comment:

• ardeman
    replied
    Originally posted by cbratton View Post
    I've been looking for the same thing. Like a dynamic POC or PVP. Or RTPVP or RTPOC (Real Time Peak Volume Price or Real Time Point of Control).
    That would be sweet ...

Leave a comment:

• cbratton
    replied
    I've been looking for the same thing. Like a dynamic POC or PVP. Or RTPVP or RTPOC (Real Time Peak Volume Price or Real Time Point of Control).

Leave a comment:

• ardeman
    replied
    perfect sense

Leave a comment:

• ghostpipper
    replied
    Addition to this code

If anyone was so inclinded I believe a great addition to this indicator would be for the evolving lines to print where they are and when they move leave the original line where it was, stop there and print the new line starting where it moved from. At the moment it just moves the entire line so during the day you will never know where the evolving was before. It is very beneficial to know where the evolving was before. So you would end up with a stair stepping line. Does this make sense to anyone?

Leave a comment:

• kalalex
    replied
    Originally posted by cclsys View Post
    This pic of crude has vertical lines drawn on main chart at points where the oscillator has clearly changed trend. Of note: several times the oscillator 'signaled' just a bar or three ahead of the price breaking out of the Ichi Clouds which often signifies a significant break out level. Anyway...

Again, no inputs to tweak (except start/end of session). It held short very well during some extended bounces prior to big down move. I think this one is worth getting to display right, also to get rid of the bad bars which would throw it off for strategy development purposes but again, I lack the programming skills to effect this.

Is Dean still around?
    @cclsys

Could you show me the setting for your indicator and dValuearea indicaotor?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• adamo
    replied
    Hi bene111,

Try to "Reloasd all historical data"
    Usually helps.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_AdamP
    replied
    Bobygill,

Here is a link to the file sharing section : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ks.php?catid=4

Leave a comment:

• BobyGill
    replied
    Hello DeanV

Please can you tell me where I can find the file sharing area? Can you send me the link?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• BobyGill
    replied
    Hello

Can You help me to get these indicator.

I got like this

Last edited by BobyGill; 04-26-2012, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cclsys
    replied
    Oscillator in action

This pic of crude has vertical lines drawn on main chart at points where the oscillator has clearly changed trend. Of note: several times the oscillator 'signaled' just a bar or three ahead of the price breaking out of the Ichi Clouds which often signifies a significant break out level. Anyway...

Again, no inputs to tweak (except start/end of session). It held short very well during some extended bounces prior to big down move. I think this one is worth getting to display right, also to get rid of the bad bars which would throw it off for strategy development purposes but again, I lack the programming skills to effect this.

Is Dean still around?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cclsys; 04-03-2012, 12:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post pibrew
by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
1 response
0 likes