Collapse

Super Trend For Ninja Trader Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Just wanted to drop a line and say thank you to all that worked on this indicator, it's unbelievably good.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by vrathee View Post
      Here is another trade...

Cheers !!

Regards

Vinkal
      Hi Vinkal, not sure if I ask this before. In your pic, am I correct to say that there were 2 valid short trade indicated by the red arrows which would have resulted in losses based on your entry and exit rules?

And wasn't there another valid long entry between the 2 red arrows as well? That looks to be a slightly profitable trade.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by duck_CA View Post
        You can set your "target ticks" and "stop ticks" in the Parameters area. Default setting is 10 ticks and 12 ticks.

You can set your "start session" and "stop session". default setting is 63500 (6:35 am PST) and 125500(12:55 pm PST)

Haven't figured out how to exit trade any other way like a cross of the Dynamic S/R or SuperTrend.
        I was trying this strategy vs the SuperTrend_Test_2 strategy in your previous post but they give very different results. Why is that so?

Comment

Originally posted by tjendra View Post
          Hi Vinkal, not sure if I ask this before. In your pic, am I correct to say that there were 2 valid short trade indicated by the red arrows which would have resulted in losses based on your entry and exit rules?

And wasn't there another valid long entry between the 2 red arrows as well? That looks to be a slightly profitable trade.
          Hi tjendra

Thanks for pointing to the trades.

Normally i avoid the trades which are not in favour of the trend of the index of country which i posted a little time back.

If somebody even takes the trades can exit 50% on Super trend reversal and rest 50% on dynamic s/r reversal which will result in little losses.

But i have already told to take some thumb rules while trading on these indicators which i have already posted.

Regards

Vinkal

Comment

Originally posted by Mauro60 View Post
            This is my indicator of retracing SuperTrend, have done something wrong if someone wants to be helpful and correct them(this?) errors.
            Thanks
            Thanks Mauro for posting the indicator.

But in am not getting the arrows shown by you on retracements in pic.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by vrathee View Post
              Thanks Mauro for posting the indicator.

But in am not getting the arrows shown by you on retracements in pic.

Regards

???????????? for example?

Comment

Hey guys,

Is it possible to have a stop loss order trail the red line I have indicated in the attached image? I'm fairly new to Ninja Trader, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

Chris
                Attached Files
                Last edited by christhesquid; 04-02-2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Chris,

You would have to program this. I recommend you start with the Strategy Wizard. Here is a tutorial: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tml?Overview34
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I fear that programming it may be a little outside of my knowledge base. Would anyone be willing to help? I think it'd be a great way to lock in profits. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Chris
                    Last edited by christhesquid; 04-02-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Hi duck_CA,

I am wondering if you can modify the strategy code for beginner like me.
                      I trade S&P Emini and I would like to enter 4 contracts when signal appears.
                      When entry is filled, I would like strategy immediately to put 3 target orders and stop
                      orders automatically.

Targets;
                      2 Contracts at 4 ticks, 1 contract at 8 ticks and 1 contract at 12 ticks

Stop;
                      On red line if short and on green line if long

Thank you very much in advance

Comment

Hello all,

I've made some enhancements to SuperTrend, and attached them below. At least I think they are enhancements! lol

1. Added SMMA smoothing.
                        2. Added Outer Band option to capture price within bands or show extreme movement.
                        3. Unique color for outer band, or you can disable.

Feedback requested.

As always, thanks to Roonius for initial development of this indicator.

Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

On a side note, I was playing with SMMA vs EMA vs SMA, etc. It would be nice to have it switchable in the GUI params, but I do not know how.

I found the following code elsewhere but am not sure how to make it work exactly. Perhaps someone can assist?

I found the original SuperTrend often changed directions for only a short number of bars during a 'whipsaw'. Adding the SMMA or even SMA/EMA really helps. But, SMMA also delays the original signal by a bar or two. So there are advantages/tradeoffs to each approach.

Code:
                          private double MA(MovingAverageType maType, int period, int barsAgo)
                                  {            
                                      switch (maType)
                                      {
                                          case MovingAverageType.EMA:
                                          {
                                              return EMA(period)[barsAgo];
                                              break;
                                          }

case MovingAverageType.HMA:
                                          {
                                              return HMA(period)[barsAgo];                
                                              break;
                                          }

case MovingAverageType.SMA:
                                          {
                                              return SMA(period)[barsAgo];                                    
                                              break;
                                          }

case MovingAverageType.VWMA:
                                          {
                                              return VWMA(period)[barsAgo];                                                    
                                              break;
                                          }

case MovingAverageType.WMA:
                                          {
                                              return WMA(period)[barsAgo];                                                    
                                              break;
                                          }                
                                      }

// Creates the user definable parameter for the moving average type.
                                  [Description("Choose a Moving Average type.")]
                                  [Category("Parameters")]
                                  public MovingAverageType MaType
                                  {
                                      get { return maType; }
                                      set { maType = value; }
                                  }

Comment

Thanks for posting the modified version Mike, did you check already into this reference sample for the enums? http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3420
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ctrlbrk View Post
                              Hello all,

I've made some enhancements to SuperTrend, and attached them below. At least I think they are enhancements! lol

1. Added SMMA smoothing.
                              2. Added Outer Band option to capture price within bands or show extreme movement.
                              3. Unique color for outer band, or you can disable.

Feedback requested.

As always, thanks to Roonius for initial development of this indicator.

Mike
                              Interesting changes.

As for feedback, I think the smoothing length should be adjustable, which is simple to do. It might be worth it to try the ADXVMA, HMA, or T3. Personally I found the JurikJMA to provide the best smoothing and I've coded that into the version I use.

As for selectable moving average types, its fairly easy, I've done it many times. One thing I found though, is to avoid having conflicts its better to use VC.NinjaScript.Utility.cs instead of declaring the MA types in every indicator. I modified the original file to include more average types.

Hopefully that helps. I would do it myself, but I'm on hiatus until NT7 beta is released.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post

Hopefully that helps. I would do it myself, but I'm on hiatus until NT7 beta is released.
                                Thank you Elliott. Hopefully NT7 is sooner rather than later!

I will see if I can brave it, or perhaps Roonius is up for the challenge? I noticed the smoothing approach only works well on range charts with a consistent movement. Putting it on a 5 minute chart yields pretty bad results, but a 5 range chart (ES) looks good.

I also think, on a side note, using the ATR +/- variations to paint outer bands is a useful thing, as a whole separate indicator. I find them more useful than other Channel indicators.

Mike

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Jonker
                                by Jonker

Started by futtrader, Today, 01:16 PM