Collapse

Super Trend For Ninja Trader Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever thought of doing trade of the bar on the retracing SuperTrend?
    see image.
    P.S.
    sorry my bad English
    Attached Files

Comment

Good thread going here. I thought I would share what I am doing personally in regards with SuperTrend, to see if it can help anyone.

I trade the ES. I wrote a strategy around SuperTrend, DynamicSR, and my own version of Elliott's Osc, and my own version of HeikenAshi bars set to a medium sensitivity.

I looked at the Elliott's Osc indicator and I feel it is nearly identical to what I am using so I think that is sound. The default of 5, 34 wasn't exactly my preference, but you can Optimize the strategy later.

I think you might consider throwing in a SMMA of 10 period (for ES, 15m chart) and check if it is falling or rising, or how far away the close of the bar was from the SMMA(10), or use it for entry point, etc. I like SMMA 10 a lot for the ES, in any time frame it is very nice.

I am using two signals, the main SuperTrend signal for an entry after a trend reversal, and a breakout signal if there is a close above/below the S/R lines from DynamicSR and SuperTrend agrees with the trend direction.

Backtest results from Jan 1 to today was about $ 13,000 using a 15m time frame with a 32 tick stop and a 26 tick target. Win percentage is about 70%. This is 1 contract, but it does allow for 2 entries per direction, and I wrote the strategy so it will only take 1 supertrend entry and 1 breakout entry per move.

I did optimize several values including the SuperTrend value of (10, 3.42) and others. I backtested from November 2008 so far with very promising results.

I built-in to the strategy to ensure no profit would occur until the second bar, to prevent same bar entry/target during backtesting. Should represent worst case, as in live market, you may possible hit a target on the same bar.

I also built-in a couple of reversal signals to exit a trade before a full stop is taken. Basically a SuperTrend reversal, and a HeikenAshi trend bar reversal.

I will share some code with you. I can't upload the entire strategy because of custom indicators, but you can get the gist of it here and there along with what I've said.

Code:
      // btw...

// STrend is 10
      // STrendatr = 3.42
      // Target ticks is 26
      // Stop ticks is 30

// long breakout
      if (

Close[0] > SuperTrend(STrend, STrendatr).UpTrend[0]

&& Close[0] > DynamicSR(14).Resistance[0]

&& Close[1] < DynamicSR(14).Resistance[1]

&& CCI(9)[0] > 100

&& Rising(SMMA(Median, 10))

&& (signalname.Contains("supertrend") || signalname == "none") // only one breakout trade per
                              )

{

signalname = "["+ CurrentBar + "] long breakout";

EnterLong(DefaultQuantity, signalname);

// SetProfitTarget is done up top if Historical
                              if (!Historical) SetProfitTarget(signalname, CalculationMode.Ticks, Target1_minutes);

SetStopLoss(signalname, CalculationMode.Ticks, Stop_minutes, false);

}
      The non-breakout entry is the custom indicators so can't share, sorry.

Hopefully this can help some people.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	851938

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	851939

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	851940

BTW, the backtest is set to Default fills (not liberal), no slippage. All entries are market entries @ close of last bar.

Mike
      Last edited by ctrlbrk; 03-28-2009, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Guys, now that I shared a bit of info here I wanted to shamelessly ask for some help from the good people of this thread.

Visit this thread here:

I'm basically asking the community to download a 'strategy' which is a benchmark, run it on your system, and report the results -- so we can compile a table of how fast Ninja runs on different systems.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ctrlbrk View Post
          Good thread going here. I thought I would share what I am doing personally in regards with SuperTrend, to see if it can help anyone.

I trade the ES. I wrote a strategy around SuperTrend, DynamicSR, and my own version of Elliott's Osc, and my own version of HeikenAshi bars set to a medium sensitivity.

I looked at the Elliott's Osc indicator and I feel it is nearly identical to what I am using so I think that is sound. The default of 5, 34 wasn't exactly my preference, but you can Optimize the strategy later.

I think you might consider throwing in a SMMA of 10 period (for ES, 15m chart) and check if it is falling or rising, or how far away the close of the bar was from the SMMA(10), or use it for entry point, etc. I like SMMA 10 a lot for the ES, in any time frame it is very nice.

I am using two signals, the main SuperTrend signal for an entry after a trend reversal, and a breakout signal if there is a close above/below the S/R lines from DynamicSR and SuperTrend agrees with the trend direction.

Backtest results from Jan 1 to today was about $ 13,000 using a 15m time frame with a 32 tick stop and a 26 tick target. Win percentage is about 70%. This is 1 contract, but it does allow for 2 entries per direction, and I wrote the strategy so it will only take 1 supertrend entry and 1 breakout entry per move.

I did optimize several values including the SuperTrend value of (10, 3.42) and others. I backtested from November 2008 so far with very promising results.

I built-in to the strategy to ensure no profit would occur until the second bar, to prevent same bar entry/target during backtesting. Should represent worst case, as in live market, you may possible hit a target on the same bar.

I also built-in a couple of reversal signals to exit a trade before a full stop is taken. Basically a SuperTrend reversal, and a HeikenAshi trend bar reversal.

I will share some code with you. I can't upload the entire strategy because of custom indicators, but you can get the gist of it here and there along with what I've said.

Code:
          // btw...

// STrend is 10
          // STrendatr = 3.42
          // Target ticks is 26
          // Stop ticks is 30

// long breakout
          if (

Close[0] > SuperTrend(STrend, STrendatr).UpTrend[0]

&& Close[0] > DynamicSR(14).Resistance[0]

&& Close[1] < DynamicSR(14).Resistance[1]

&& CCI(9)[0] > 100

&& Rising(SMMA(Median, 10))

&& (signalname.Contains("supertrend") || signalname == "none") // only one breakout trade per
                                  )

{

signalname = "["+ CurrentBar + "] long breakout";

EnterLong(DefaultQuantity, signalname);

// SetProfitTarget is done up top if Historical
                                  if (!Historical) SetProfitTarget(signalname, CalculationMode.Ticks, Target1_minutes);

SetStopLoss(signalname, CalculationMode.Ticks, Stop_minutes, false);

}
          The non-breakout entry is the custom indicators so can't share, sorry.

Hopefully this can help some people.

[ATTACH]5189[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5190[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5191[/ATTACH]

BTW, the backtest is set to Default fills (not liberal), no slippage. All entries are market entries @ close of last bar.

Mike
          Hi Ctrlbrk

Thanks for your efforts. Nice to see one more indicator of Rising SMMA (10). Can you please post your strategy in a zip file by exporting.??

Thanks in advance
          Last edited by vrathee; 03-28-2009, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauro60 View Post
            Have you ever thought of doing trade of the bar on the retracing SuperTrend?
            see image.
            P.S.
            sorry my bad English
            Hi Mauro

Super trend won't give a sell signal untill bar closes below the support line. So no possibility of a trade here. You have to wait till bar close below support line.

Regards

Comment

SuperTrend_Test_2

I included some of the criteria that ctrlbrk mentioned...Thank you !

Please look over and include any items that were missed or not correct.

still in the early stages of development and have not included "Shorts" yet.

Attached is a pic of how it should look on a chart. I did a quick backtest of last week 3-23 to 3-27 off a ES 10 min chart and will include the results as well.
              Attached Files

Comment

SuperTrend Strategy with Longs and Shorts

You can set your "target ticks" and "stop ticks" in the Parameters area. Default setting is 10 ticks and 12 ticks.

You can set your "start session" and "stop session". default setting is 63500 (6:35 am PST) and 125500(12:55 pm PST)

Haven't figured out how to exit trade any other way like a cross of the Dynamic S/R or SuperTrend.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by duck_CA View Post
                  You can set your "target ticks" and "stop ticks" in the Parameters area. Default setting is 10 ticks and 12 ticks.

You can set your "start session" and "stop session". default setting is 63500 (6:35 am PST) and 125500(12:55 pm PST)

Haven't figured out how to exit trade any other way like a cross of the Dynamic S/R or SuperTrend.
                  Hi Duck CA

We can exit 50% position on Super Trend Reversal and Rest with Dynamic S/R.

I think this will work very well. Try this.

Regards

Comment

Live Trade

Here is my latest trade.

Regards

Vinkal
                    Attached Files

Comment

Follow up of live trade taken last day

Here is the follow up of the last trade..

Good profits so far..

Regards
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vrathee View Post
                        Hi Mauro

Super trend won't give a sell signal untill bar closes below the support line. So no possibility of a trade here. You have to wait till bar close below support line.

Regards

I think I did not explained. The trading system is possible.
                        see the image
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think I did not explained. The trading system is possible.
                          see the image
                          Hi Mauro

Can you please post the system?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by vrathee View Post
                            Hi Mauro

Can you please post the system?

Thanks in advance
                            is not a trading system but an indicator,must be turned in trading system

Comment

is not a trading system but an indicator,must be turned in trading system
                              can you post this indicator then??

Regards

Comment

This is my indicator of retracing SuperTrend, have done something wrong if someone wants to be helpful and correct them(this?) errors.
                                Thanks
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Anfedport  
                                Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                                0 responses