Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Delay problem with realtime Data, crash, ignored issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just managed again to crash NT with a big red X in the graph
    (latest NT version, clean install)

It happens when I scroll inside the chart tap of the performance windows (historical and realtime ) after having executed simulated trades. Somtimes there are still weird and "wrong" lines that intersect each other and/or point out of chart to right side to infinity.
    If I pull the chart to the left to see where those lines might a crash can occur, but not always it seems.

2010-12-22 10:54:26:577 in OnUnhandledThreadException
    2010-12-22 10:54:26:577 ********* exception trapped *********
    2010-12-22 10:54:26:577 Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    2010-12-22 10:54:26:577 bei NinjaTrader.Data.MemBars.GetLow(Int32 index)
    bei NinjaTrader.Data.Bars.GetLow(Int32 index)
    bei NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartExecution.GetBounds(Cha rtControl chartControl, ChartPanel chartPanel, ScaleJustification scaleJustification)
    bei NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartPanel.CalculateMinMax(S caleJustification scaleJustification)
    bei NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.CalculateMinMax AndMargins(Graphics graphics)
    bei NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.OnPaint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArg s e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandlin g(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Comment

This error indicates that you have an incorrect version of the SQL Compact Edition installed. Please follow the below steps and link reinstall the previous versions of SQL Compact Edition and any patchs listed in Add and Remove / Programs that you removed using the steps below.

You likely have installed an outdated version on SQL Compact Edition. Please:
      - go to Control panel
      - Add and remove software / Programs
      - uninstall any SQL Compact Edition you'll see
      - NT7 comes with it's own copy of SQL Compact Edition 3.5 SP2, no need to have it installed
      - in case you needed it for different products then you needed to install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here:

Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to find later, such as the desktop.

Now goto this directory that you extracted this file too. There will be 2 files. You will run both if you are on a 64 bit operating system, if you are on a 32 bit application you only need to run the first one listed below:

SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi
      Run this if you are on a 32 bit operating system or a 64 bit operating system.

SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi
      No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system. If you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file.

Follow the installation steps in the file, once this is done restart your PC and now you will be able to launch NinjaTrader 7.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher,

I am not sure what you mean, I am using an up to date Windows 7 64bit and I am not aware to have installed any other "sql using" product besides NT.
        SQL Compact Edition is nowhere to be seen in my programs list.
        NT is latest version and I deinstalled any prior versions via the control panel and deleted the NT folders.
        The error I mentioned happens not often, but if you have realtime simulated trades over several days with running strategies - it can happen still.
        Should I still try to install that SQL compact edition, even if it is not in my programs list ??

PS: I also managed somehow to have a "short" trade in performance overview with a strategy, that is instructed only to enter long positions. I am sure it is my fault
        - but on the other hand.. I am just using the program straight forward - things like that might be explicable somehow and "expected behavior" for the programmers, for the user it is not expected. (At least I did not expect it)
        Last edited by azuul; 12-22-2010, 08:02 AM.

Comment

azuul,

Yes, please install the version of SQL that NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ mentioned.

Insofar as the strategy is concerned, can you tell me what your 'on starting a real-time strategy' settings are? You'll find those settings in the Strategies tab of the Options menu, under 'NinjaScript'.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Rogers101, 05-05-2024, 11:30 AM
          15 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Rogers101  
          Started by ninza33, Today, 12:31 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes