Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupt local database - wrong market data

Hello,
    the local database where Ninja Trader stores its market data is really messy.
    The more you are using Ninja Trader, the more frequently it happens that the local database gets corrupted, leading to wrong price charts.
    Deleting the local database helps, but it is always very difficult to detect that your database is corrupted. Deleting the local database on a daily basis seems to be the only solution to me. Which really is a pain.
    And now I just realized that the COT database can be corrupted too (https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...r-critical-bug)

I have absolutely no idea why Ninja Trader does not use a REAL local database. It seems like it is storing the market data in different files, which is obviously very error prone.
    I dont really know about C#, but most other programming languages provide very lightweight local database libraries for just such use cases.
    I would highly recommend switching to a real local database instead of this file-based system because a real local database is faster, more reliable, has less code overhead and is less error prone.

Hello Bobin,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add my vote for a standardized/improved database - thanks!

Comment

Hello Bobin and afcmaff,

Thanks for your note.

We are tracking interest for this feature request in an internal ticket and your votes have been added.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-5542. As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rbeckmann05, Today, 06:48 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rbeckmann05  
        Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes