Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

managed stop loss didn't register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

managed stop loss didn't register

my strategy triggered an entry this morning. but, the stop loss did not execute. i'm doing it in the strategy builder. is it sufficient to just have if market position long and the bool that goes with the enter long () in the entry methods? or, do i need more? i have in the do something section exit long position stop order. and, have the entry signal name tied to it. is there something more there that i need?
    Attached Files

Hello SteveReiza,

Thanks for your post.

Did your strategy place an entry order that was filled and you confirmed the 'Position' column in the Strategies tab of the Control Center stated you were in a Long position?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Have you added debugging prints to the strategy to confirm how the conditions in the script are evaluating?

If the expected trade(s) are not appearing, this would indicate that the condition to place the order is not evaluating as true or the order is being ignored for other reasons.

To understand why the script is behaving as it is, such as placing orders or not placing orders when expected, it is necessary to add prints to the script that print the values used for the logic of the script to understand how the script is evaluating.

In the strategy add prints (outside of any conditions) that print the values of every variable used in every condition that places an order along with the time of that bar.

Prints will appear in the NinjaScript Output window (New > NinjaScript Output window).

Also, enable TraceOrders which will let us know if any orders are being ignored and not being submitted when the condition to place the orders is evaluating as true.

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates how to use prints to understand behavior.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the rely. i think i have it sorted. i put exit position by limit order for the exits above price action. should work alright tomorrow. was a problem having stop loss or stop limit above price. was messing up function.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by futtrader, Today, 01:16 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post futtrader  
      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator