Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stacked Imbalances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stacked Imbalances

Is there a way to count number of stacked imbalances in a volumetric bar? Like the sum of total stacks.
    Thanks.

Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your post.

Imbalance from the Order Flow Volumetric Bars is not exposed for NinjaScript. The values available for NinjaScript access are listed on the following page:There is an existing feature request to add support for imbalance data. The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-3586 and I have added your vote. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Thank you for using NinjaTrader.​
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

+1

Please add my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
        +1

Please add my vote.
        Hello bltdavid,

Thank you for your note. Your vote has been added.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
          Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your post.

Imbalance from the Order Flow Volumetric Bars is not exposed for NinjaScript. The values available for NinjaScript access are listed on the following page:There is an existing feature request to add support for imbalance data. The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-3586 and I have added your vote. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Thank you for using NinjaTrader.​
          Thanks NinjaTrader_Emily I can calculate imbalances and look for a stack. I want to know if there is a way to look for multiple stacks in a bar.
          Thanks.

Comment

Hello Trader17,

Thanks for your notes.

Since Imbalance from the Order Flow Volumetric Bars is not exposed for NinjaScript access, there is no supported code available for detecting multiple imbalance stacks. This is something that you would need to create custom logic for calculations in your script. Each time you use custom logic to calculate imbalances and detect a stack, you could consider incrementing a variable for each stack you detected.

You may find this forum thread post helpful for detecting imbalances: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...47#post1206347

That said, I have added your note to your feature request vote stating you would like the ability to detect multiple imbalance stacks in a bar when using Order Flow Volumetric Bars.
            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
              Hello Trader17,

Thanks for your notes.

Since Imbalance from the Order Flow Volumetric Bars is not exposed for NinjaScript access, there is no supported code available for detecting multiple imbalance stacks. This is something that you would need to create custom logic for calculations in your script. Each time you use custom logic to calculate imbalances and detect a stack, you could consider incrementing a variable for each stack you detected.

You may find this forum thread post helpful for detecting imbalances: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...47#post1206347

That said, I have added your note to your feature request vote stating you would like the ability to detect multiple imbalance stacks in a bar when using Order Flow Volumetric Bars.
              Thanks NinjaTrader_BrandonH for that. What I am confused about if there are say 9 imbalances in a bar one on top of the other how do I differentiate between say 3 stacks of 3 imbalances when they are on top of each other and then 3 stacks independent of each other.
              Thanks.

Comment

Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your reply.

You may be able to get that differentiation if you loop through and analyze the data. Ultimately, there is no direct method for detecting imbalances. There is an example on another thread discussing a similar topic of a loop you could use to iterate through each tick level, though this may become very resource-intensive:
                Hello! I'm searching around for a complete list of methods to access Order Flow. I see some things here and there but I'm not seeing any methods to access imbalance. Specifically, I'd like to count the number of imbalances per bar as a condition. See attachment. Can you point me to the docs? Thanks! P.S. Also, the docs

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Please add my vote for this feature. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ilianaz3979 View Post
                    Please add my vote for this feature. Thank you
                    Hello ilianaz3979,

Thank you for your input and welcome to the NinjaTrader forum community!

Your vote has been added to SFT-3586.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any additional items we may assist you with.

Comment

Add my vote please!

Comment

Please add my vote to SFT-3586

Comment

Originally posted by Agora001 View Post
                          Add my vote please!
                          My apologies for the late reply; your vote has been added. We appreciate your feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by ZEROSYSTEM View Post
                            Please add my vote to SFT-3586
                            Thank you for reaching out. Your vote has been added.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Jonker
                            by Jonker

Started by futtrader, Today, 01:16 PM