Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Convert Data from Panel 1 to Panel 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert Data from Panel 1 to Panel 0

I currently am displaying Data both in Panel 0 and Panel 1. (I'm a rookie/Hack) I would like to switch the data around and can't seem to be able to do it. I am modifying the Supertrend Indicator to work as an automated strategy - So far, so good. My issue raised when I went to add some dots for a MTF addition later. So finally, my question is, can I switch the data?
    Panel layout should be:
    Panel 0 = 34 EMA and SuperTrend Indicator UpTrend and DownTrend.
    Panel 1 = Dots that I will change color as the SuperTrend goes up and down.

Hello JohnnyCat,

Thanks for your post.

IsOverlay should be set to true if you would like indicator plot(s) drawn on the chart price panel.

The DrawOnPricePanel property should be set to false if you would like drawing objects to appear in a separate panel.

This help guide page could be viewed for more information about IsOverlay: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../isoverlay.htm

See this help guide page for more information about the DrawOnPricePanel property: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...pricepanel.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey BrandonH,

Thank you for the response. That put my mind in the correct context I believe.

Question: Is it possible to have 2 different drawing objects separated via the panels - For example: I have a calculated Price to be shown as dashes on as an Overlay on the price panel and some Dots that I want to change color from various MTF in a separate panel? Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by JohnnyCat; 01-23-2023, 10:57 AM. Reason: Only have this one question - I mean I have many but want to follow this path for now

Comment

Hello JohnnyCat,

Thanks for your note.

Draw objects would not be able to be drawn on a separate panel if the script is set to plot on the price panel (IsOverlay = true).

It could be possible to draw objects on the price panel and a separate panel if the script is set to plot on a separate panel (IsOverlay = false). Please see the forum thread linked below for how this could be accomplished.

Hello, I am ware that this setting DrawOnPricePanel = false; will allow my indicator to draw on non price panel. I need ability for 1 indicator to draw on 2 different panels at the same time. I found this post from Ninja Staff from about 2 years ago: "It is not possible for a single indicator to draw objects on

Let me know if I may further assist.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

BrandonH, I spent many hours looking for such a post. Probably did not know what I was searching for as far terminology. Perfect I believe this will work. Thank you. Nice work!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by manueldecastro, Yesterday, 10:26 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post manueldecastro  
          Started by TraderIqbal, 10-20-2023, 10:12 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Funnywo